Interesting Link: Bills Playoff Chances

billsfaninnyc

We should have won at least one divisional game and the Cleveland game - win either one and we'd control our own destiny and need to win out. Win both, and we'd be in the drivers seat for a wild card... I hope we make it, but to win out is tough, and even then we need help.

Maybe next year...

28% of making the playoffs at 10-6 seems a little low. Missing the playoffs at 10-6 is rather rare nowadays.

It's not as rare as it used to be. In the past you had 28 teams in the league competing for six playoff spots per conference. Now there are 32 teams competing for those same six spots in each conference. With more competitors going after the same number of playoff spots, getting one of those six spots is tougher now than it used to be.

Being 0-3 in the division dont help our chances at all.......

If we are not going to make the playoffs, id rather be worse then 11-5 due to better draft position.

Agreed regarding the Cleveland game, that really killed us. Although even with that win, we would still essentially be in a must win situation since our season was going to come down to how we played our division. The good news, if there is any, is that notwithstanding any injuries next week, I think we have a good shot against the Pats, Dolphins and Jets. It is tough luck for the Bills in a sense, as critical of them as I am, the Jets, Pats, Dolphins and Bills are on a pretty level playing field. In all three games we had our chances. We were just outplayed in all 3 game.....or even more significantly, we were outcoached. So long as win against the niners and Dolphins, I could see the remaining 3 games all be nail biters. Though I must say, as much as I hate the Jets, they are playing much better football now than earlier in the season.

It's all about tie-breakers at 10-6.

You can't look at tiebreakers now if we are assuming the Bills win out or go 4 of 5 while winning their three divisional games. If that happens the tiebreakers will be completely different than what we see today. Outside of catching the Jets, the Bills have a possibility of grabbing that final spot over the Ravens. Well as long as they don't revert back into Jauron football.

We REALLY need the Broncos to do us a huge favor this week and bring the Jets within one game.

Saw this in Matthews' column today:

History says the Buffalo Bills victory Sunday in Kansas City was significant in terms of playoff hopes. According to Pro Football Prospectus 2008, since the 17-week format began in 1990 (and excluding the 18-week format in 1993), teams starting 6-5 made the playoffs 50 percent of the time and teams starting 5-6 made the playoffs 10.3 percent of the time.

So, basically it's a coin flip right now...

Being 0-3 in the division dont help our chances at all.......

If we are not going to make the playoffs, id rather be worse then 11-5 due to better draft position.

I've seen this sentiment quite a bit all over the place, but if we win the next 3 division games we're 3-3 in the division. Had we won the 3 games and were currently 3-0 in the division and then lost the final three we'd still be 3-3. My point is... we're not out, but our backs are against the wall.

Should we win out, it should be enough to allow us to catch the Pats* and pass the Fins. With Baltimore having a tough schedule, it's likely they lose a few. Hence, I'd say the 6th seed is very possible. Of course, providing we take care of business which starts with a win against San Fran.

We REALLY need the Broncos to do us a huge favor this week and bring the Jets within one game.

I could def see both the Jets and NE losing this week. DEN isn't a bad team. And PIT is getting healthy again. We just need to have Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre stop playing two standard devs. above where he should be playing. MIA concerns me less because we control our destiny against them.