Kudos to a guy that worked unusually hard

eSJayDee

Rian Lindell. Was reading an article & it mentioned that he kicked off 11 times!

You might not realize this, but an all out kickoff, when you're kicking the ball 60+ yds,

is serious exertion. On top of that, 6 PATs & 4 FGs.

He probably played as much as several "significant" contributors on O & D.

No excuses necessary for missing 47 yarders when his team should have gotten him a 35 yarder.

True...But He still should have made the Kick...It was a tough Kick no question, but Kickers make Kicks like that every day in The NFL...Lindell said himself He just missed his spot and pushed it right...I'm sure Ryan would be the 1st to say he HAS to make that Kick at the end of a Game 100% of the time...That's why He was SO broken up about it...He knew He HAD to make that Kick...

Jauron should also know Lindell is about as perfect as it gets inside 40...It's Jaurons Job to make certain the Bills get that extra 7-8 Yards...No question about it...But I expect Lindell to be MUCH better at His Job than Dead Dick is at his...It's kind of a given if You ask Me... :o

True...But He still should have made the Kick...It was a tough Kick no question, but Kickers make Kicks like that every day in The NFL...Lindell said himself He just missed his spot and pushed it right...I'm sure Ryan would be the 1st to say he HAS to make that Kick at the end of a Game 100% of the time...That's why He was SO broken up about it...He knew He HAD to make that Kick...

Jauron should also know Lindell is about as perfect as it gets inside 40...It's Jaurons Job to make certain the Bills get that extra 7-8 Yards...No question about it...But I expect Lindell to be MUCH better at His Job than Dead Dick is at his...It's kind of a given if You ask Me... :o

Every yard out, a higher percentage of kicks is missed. Don't know what the percentage of 47 yarders made is, but it's not that much higher than 50%. Certainly nowhere near 80 or 90 %. So it's all well and good to say he should have made it, but the fact is that that is a very tough kick, and any kicker, any kicker, will miss a percentage of those.

Rian Lindell. Was reading an article & it mentioned that he kicked off 11 times!

You might not realize this, but an all out kickoff, when you're kicking the ball 60+ yds,

is serious exertion. On top of that, 6 PATs & 4 FGs.

He probably played as much as several "significant" contributors on O & D.

WOW!! 11 times?? He could probably use a bye week to rest.

Every yard out, a higher percentage of kicks is missed. Don't know what the percentage of 47 yarders made is, but it's not that much higher than 50%. Certainly nowhere near 80 or 90 %. So it's all well and good to say he should have made it, but the fact is that that is a very tough kick, and any kicker, any kicker, will miss a percentage of those.

That's certainly true. People tend to associate kickers with being "clutch" or "unclutch", but statistics show that a kicker's FG percentage is about the least relieable statistic from year to year, probably because of sample size. Lindell is no less clutch than any other kicker in this situation, he just fell victim to probability. For the last two games, he is 6/7 kicking field goals, a very respectable rate. Too bad for him the one he missed is the one everybody will remember.