Play Action and Josh Reed

The Big Cat

So evidently somebody cued the Bills coaching staff into this whole "play action thing." I think they ran PA more today than they have in the last three years COMBINED. And I'm note even kidding.

I've been saying for the last five weeks: Josh Reed is PROFOUNDLY critical to the offense. He gets first downs and sustains drives better than ANY other option we have lining up opposite LE.

And on a side note: Anyone notice Chris Ellis out there? It was nice seeing a DE get some penetration from time to time.

Leodis McKelvin is a monster!

Reason three: The Bills made a commitment to the running game. It made the PA effective.

Reason four: Zero interceptions, zero fumbles lost.

Reason four: Herm Edwards is possibly the worst coach in the league. KC didn't keep handing the ball to Larry Johnson and instead relied on the arm of Tyler Thigpen. Big Mistake.

Reason five: KC isn't very good.

Somebody told Schonert about bootlegs, too. <_<

Trent said that the game plan this week was dumbed down from last week. They took out a lot of the motions and looks they tried against the Browns and just ran "the base offense." Not sure how to reconcile that with the idea that he also said they put in boots, naked boots, and more play action, though. :devil:

The short fields against a garbage team didn't hurt anything... :flirt:

Reason three: The Bills made a commitment to the running game. It made the PA effective.

Reason four: Herm Edwards is possibly the worst coach in the league. KC didn't keep handing the ball to Larry Johnson and instead relied on the arm of Tyler Thigpen. Big Mistake.

I would say that your reason 3 is a chicken or egg scenario, to be honest.

Reason #5 is a big one - KC is just terrible. Without the penalties and turnovers they had I'm not sure who wins this game and I think most other teams ould have beat the Bills today with the way they started out.

Somebody told Schonert about bootlegs, too. <_<

Trent said that the game plan this week was dumbed down from last week. They took out a lot of the motions and looks they tried against the Browns and just ran "the base offense." Not sure how to reconcile that with the idea that he also said they put in boots, naked boots, and more play action, though. :devil:

The short fields against a garbage team didn't hurt anything... :flirt:

Garbage team or not, 54 points is 54 points, I feel very positive about this team and Edwards in general after what he

did today, so we struggle still against better teams, and are rarely losing to weak ones, sooner or later we will be beating the good ones too, so I see progress. Last couple of years we would play down to teams like KC, and others, we still would win our share of those, but it would be a struggle, progress, man, progress.

:devil:

I agree. Josh reed is important because there is very little depth on the offense. Basically, every time you flip GMs and coaches, the first thing they do is replace their depth. Then they get rid of good players that aren't "their guys" (see london flethcer).

It takes a while to get the depth you need to do well, let alone get your starters going at a good pace.

That's why there's NO WAY we should change coaches or administration. It would be stupid.

So evidently somebody cued the Bills coaching staff into this whole "play action thing." I think they ran PA more today than they have in the last three years COMBINED. And I'm note even kidding.

I've been saying for the last five weeks: Josh Reed is PROFOUNDLY critical to the offense. He gets first downs and sustains drives better than ANY other option we have lining up opposite LE.

And on a side note: Anyone notice Chris Ellis out there? It was nice seeing a DE get some penetration from time to time.

Leodis McKelvin is a monster!

Well, they did score in garbage time. (not to mention they had about 15 possessions)

I love these clowns that say "but they scored 30 on us" like they've never watched a blowout before...how many times did NE give up over 25 points last year when they poured it on a team early? The game has been played like that for as logn as I can remember.

I love these clowns that say "but they scored 30 on us" like they've never watched a blowout before...how many times did NE give up over 25 points last year when they poured it on a team early? The game has been played like that for as logn as I can remember.

The difference is NE will have their 3rd string in when the garbage points are scored. Buffalo on the other hand still had their 1st string in while getting torched for 30 plus. :devil:

At least nobody got hurt. This board would have imploded if Lynch would have gotten hurt on a garbage run in the 4th quarter.