How Long do we Give Trent a Free Pass?

H2o

JP lead us back in the Meadowlands after Trent had a dreadful first half.....

and he also did it back a couple years ago vs KC, replacing Holcomb.....

Having said that he is out of here at seasons end...this is Edwards team now...and we have to live with the ups and downs of a young QB

You neglected to mention that the starting QB in both of the above games got injured and didn't return to the game (Trent vs Jets in 2007, Holcomb vs KC in 2005).

JP "lead the Bills back" by throwing his signature bomb to Evans both times. If that's the reason to start JP over Edwards, kiss the season goodbye right now.

I'd change the game plan for Edwards right now, let him air it out see what he really has. I mean the season is lost, you may as well find out if he really is the QB.

Just curious. Is it your contention that the way to find out if a player "really is" a QB is to simply let him air it out? I agree that may be a good way to find a passer. But we need a QB. Passing is just a part of being a good QB. Not saying it isn't important, but the greatest 'passer' in the world can still be a sh*t QB if he doesn't possess the other elements critical to the position.

GO BILLS!!!

I think it's obvious that TrINT has played like a kid scared that the Boogeyman is chasing after him as of late. I bet he has nightmares about Adrian Wilson. He doesn't really set his feet and he's not reading the defense. He's playing a man's game with a child's backyard mentality. You can't be successful in the NFL "waiting" for your guy to get open. You must read and react to what the defense is giving you and it's not always a check down.

For Losman:

Potential? The 2006 season. 62.5% completion rate, 3,051 yards, 19 TD's vs. 14 INT's

4th Quarter comebacks? Houston (Pass to Price w/ 15 seconds left), Jax (Aided by Parrish's catch) in 2006

Losman has a problem with fumbles at times, yes. The "deer in the headlights" look at times, yes. Does Trent offer us a better chance to win? I say no. Has Trent shown us anything different than JP? No. Well, yes if you count the ability to throw meaningless 2 yard passes. Trent has 10 INT's on the season vs. 8 TD's, 7 of those INT's being in the last 3 games. He's lost 4 fumbles. He's completing 66.5%, yes, but half of the completions are check downs to RB's. Marshawn and Fred can't do it all. Neither can our line keep holding defenders off for 5 seconds so Trent can throw that check down. Like I said, I'm not an avid Losman supporter, but you guys keep throwing him under the bus in favor of TrINT :unsure: Edwards.

I haven't heard one commentator, writer or analyst lobby for JP to replace Edwards. JP has never shown NFL quality game management skills. He takes sack after sack after sack, rather than throw the ball away. He's a one dimensional (OK, two dimensional if you count his running ability) QB that keeps waiting for receivers to get open 20+ yards downfield. Edwards was rated in the top 5 QB's at the beginning of the year. JP ever done that? Edwards has the potential, and is in a slump. It's that simple.

I've had enough. I'm tired of the idiot posts questioning a guy who doesn't even have 2 years under his belt. It is just moronic. It is stupid. It is beyond retarded. It is not even a consideration, especially since he single-handedly kept the Bills in the first 3 out of 4 games this year.

Think before you post. People can't be this fuggin stupid.

Everyone talks about how many games he's started, but how many is he allowed to start before we should see the results of "experience" on the field? The guy needs to start showing progression, not digression. People keep saying, "It's a new offense and he's young so give him time to develope." How much time is enough? WE HAD OUR BEST SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS IN 10 YEARS and he's gaffed that away with his poor performances coupled with untimely TO's. When do we say enough is enough, after 2 more years of Jauron and TE doing crap like this? We already had Losman's head on a platter after this amount of time. I'm not an avid Losman supporter, but Trent hasn't looked much better than what we had with JP. Atleast the defense had to respect the deep routes with him starting.

Stupid post. Get real.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. To answer this question just ask yourself what a great head coach like Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher would do.

I'd have to think that Edwards would have been pulled sometime during that Browns game if they were the head coaches. The season was on the line and the starting QB was seriously regressing. It would not mean that he is no longer the future of the team, just that his development is not above the 2008 Bills' team goal of winning and trying to make the playoffs. These two coaches would not have just left his entire team high and dry like Jauron has. I'm sure the locker room is very much divided on the subject right about now. I'm sure a good majority are not yet in the "wait till next year" mode. Would you be if you were busting your butt????

These fans here who want Edwards to play no matter what are crazy if you'd think you'd feel the same way if you were one of the players that still believed you could get the wild card if you went on a winning streak. I say let him start the KC game and pull him quickly if he throws an interception and clearly looks like he's shaky. This isn't about JP Losman, it's about doing something, anything to save the season. Once the Bills are out for the count then Edwards could be put back in, this is of course if he's been pulled in the KC game.

I've had enough. I'm tired of the idiot posts questioning a guy who doesn't even have 2 years under his belt. It is just moronic. It is stupid. It is beyond retarded. It is not even a consideration, especially since he single-handedly kept the Bills in the first 3 out of 4 games this year.

Against 3 of the worst teams in the NFL, "stupid". :unsure:

What free pass are you talking about? This board is FULL of criticisms of his play. JP has proven he sucked. Trent is playing poorly but at this point, we might as well see if he can return to good form. If he can't, it's time to scrap the QB position and rebuild. Again.

JP and Trent are both talented and have proven that the coaches are teaching and deploying a substandard offensive scheme. Focus on coaching upgrades. That's the only way these Bills will realize their potential.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

JP had more chances, and in the games we won it was more about Edwards than the run game. JP isn't a good QB. He's good for a few good bombs but he is what he is and he's not capable of leading a team. JP is 10-31 as a starter. Let's say we start him and he goes 3-3 and we miss the playoffs and he leaves.

That accomplishes what? Anyone who wants JP dare to tell me he's going to go 5-1 right now? Anyone put that on the line? If so prove your case. Show that JP can go 5-1 as a starter.

Everyone talks about how many games he's started, but how many is he allowed to start before we should see the results of "experience" on the field? The guy needs to start showing progression, not digression. People keep saying, "It's a new offense and he's young so give him time to develope." How much time is enough? WE HAD OUR BEST SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS IN 10 YEARS and he's gaffed that away with his poor performances coupled with untimely TO's. When do we say enough is enough, after 2 more years of Jauron and TE doing crap like this? We already had Losman's head on a platter after this amount of time. I'm not an avid Losman supporter, but Trent hasn't looked much better than what we had with JP. Atleast the defense had to respect the deep routes with him starting.

We have to keep giving him a free pass until he snaps out of it.

Or until we find a better atlternative.

Right now we don't have anyone else to put in there.

So we have no choice but to stay with Edwards.

Would you have written this post after the San Diego game. C'mon guys, this guy played terrific 4 straight games, showing the accuracy and check downs we didn't see with JP, then got a concussion in game 5 which is a serious injury, had a fair game against SD, then had problems. Ever think that maybe he's still injured? The Bills staff has shown that they will play players who haven't fully recovered from injury (McGee against the Fish) even when it hurts the team. The problems TE is having sound just like what happens to someone still recovering from a concussion. I have a neighbor who had a serious concussion and she took months to recover, and decision making under stress was difficult for her. Sound familiar?

I think there's more to this than just a young QB struggling. You don't just regress like that on your own.

If you are afraid to put in JP just because he is going to leave at the end of the season, then why is he still on the team even as a backup? You can't have a team with players you are afraid to put in just because they will be gone as a FA at seasons end. I still don't know if trent is the answer, and have not seen in him what most people had seen in him since last year. Yes he was consistent and he kept drives going, but the majority of those drives ended in FG's instead of TD's. Wearing the clock down is great, and having a QB that can do that is a plus, if the end result is 7, or unless your defence is one of the best in the league and can keep teams from putting up more then 10-15 points a game. I would compare Edwards with Kelly Holcomb right now more then any other QB, he has his greatest success when he "dinks and Dunks". As for JP, yes he is done and will never be the starter again in Buffalo, unless he is in a visitors uniform, but I still wouldn't call him a complete bust. With his athletisim, he could always be a threat to toss a TD, but with that, he was also very likely to be reckless and turn the ball over. He is more suited for playing in a gunslinger offence. One where they have a couple of top notch WR's and they allow him to throw 30-40 times a game. he won'tbe a cerebral Qb like pennington that will win a game on his brains, he will win a game by using his arm and having the talent to just let him go deep often to some skilled WR's. Something like a Mike Martz "greatest show on Turf" offence.

As for Hamdan, why is everyone so down on this guy? What have they seen from him that would make them so eager to proclaim he is nothing more then a scrub that should never see the field? The guy was big in NFL Europe, so he has to have some skill. I'm not saying he is going to be a starter in the league, but who says he couldn't be a great #2? Fred jackson, and Kurt Warriner had success in other leagues before they came tothe NFL and impressed. Why not Hamdan?

I think there's more to this than just a young QB struggling. You don't just regress like that on your own.

It's much simpler. Teams blitzed a lot in those first few games because Trent is young and that's what you do to young QBs. Trent showed an awesome ability to make the quick read out of the blitz situations.

With a few games of tape on him, teams realized that he struggles against 7-8 in coverage and now no one blitzes. This is a problem. If he doesn't overcome it (like JP never learned how to deal with pressure), he'll be gone. This season is over: I say give him a shot to make the adjustment. If he doesn't adjust, he competes with some vet for starting QB next year.

Hey Johnny Jackass, guess what your boy has singlehandedly done to our once stellar season in the last four games?

Cleveland - 3 interceptions

New England - 2 interceptions

New York - 2 interceptions, 1 fumble

Miami - 1 interception, 1 fumble

You sir, are the moron if you don't see the need for Trent to be benched if he starts peeing badly in his pants in KC just like he did on Monday night.