How long until we experience a cyber 'Pearl Harbor'?

SD Jarhead

This is a subject I have followed for some time that I think we don't pay near enough attention to but is a very real threat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...e-US-power.html

China has mapped our electric grid across the country and knows how to turn it off at will (they're responsible for two major outages). They've also penetrated our military network system numerous times over. And I'm not just talking about our non-secure network. They've hacked the Secretary of Commerce's computer. We only vaguely know how many major corporations have been compromised because they don't let it out publicly because of the embarassment.

I want to believe we're doing the same thing to them, but they seem to be stealing our secrets at will.

This is a subject I have followed for some time that I think we don't pay near enough attention to but is a very real threat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...e-US-power.html

China has mapped our electric grid across the country and knows how to turn it off at will (they're responsible for two major outages). They've also penetrated our military network system numerous times over. And I'm not just talking about our non-secure network. They've hacked the Secretary of Commerce's computer. We only vaguely know how many major corporations have been compromised because they don't let it out publicly because of the embarassment.

I want to believe we're doing the same thing to them, but they seem to be stealing our secrets at will.

Your concern is valid.

But, are you suggesting the Chinese Gov't is responsible for two major US power outages, or that some hacker located in China was the culprit?

Disconcerting at best. Damn right they should worry about an America with protectionist leanings. Ironic that all these patriotic American companies that sent their jobs to China over the years would be unwitting ebablers. I've been saying for years now that Communists with money is very dangerous. Communists with money largely generated by American corporations makes my blood boil.

I say we fight fire with fire. Send a link to this message board to every Chinese person with internet access. That'll teach those yellow bastards!

We are rookies, they would clean our clocks. Their (non-gov) hacker groups regularly mix it up with other countries every time there are international tensions. Like gang wars. We don't have anything similar at the grass roots.

We are rookies, they would clean our clocks. Their (non-gov) hacker groups regularly mix it up with other countries every time there are international tensions. Like gang wars. We don't have anything similar at the grass roots.

One week tops reading this board their heads would explode. We're ammune due to years of use.

Hey Jarhead, did you remember to remove your thumb drive :rolleyes:

The funnt thing is I read that on the net but didn't know what was up until someone told me today that there was an article on Fox about why. I'm telling you, those Communist bastards are up to no good. How deeply they've penetrated is what concerns me the most.

I honestly hope we have a similar capability and are doing the same thing to them. It seems like they're laying a giant snare and we're about to step in it.

The funnt thing is I read that on the net but didn't know what was up until someone told me today that there was an article on Fox about why. I'm telling you, those Communist bastards are up to no good. How deeply they've penetrated is what concerns me the most.

I honestly hope we have a similar capability and are doing the same thing to them. It seems like they're laying a giant snare and we're about to step in it.

Don't you read your NMCI User Communications :rolleyes: