Not one pass to Evans..... Any explanation?

AnthonyF

We know he was open during the game. He is our # 1 receiver and generally considered a good guy. Monday I have never seen anything like it.... Not a single pass in his direction and very little comment from anyone. We certainly know TO would have given an earful and a public display on the sidelines would certainly have been there for everyone to see.

What Edwards did Monday was inexcusable, and deserves an explanation from him. This follows the NE game where nothing was done and few throws in general toward Evans. Oh yea..... Losman threw a nice TD pass to him in week 5 and he had a good game vs. SD.....

We know he was open during the game. He is our # 1 receiver and generally considered a good guy. Monday I have never seen anything like it.... Not a single pass in his direction and very little comment from anyone. We certainly know TO would have given an earful and a public display on the sidelines would certainly have been there for everyone to see.

What Edwards did Monday was inexcusable, and deserves an explanation from him. This follows the NE game where nothing was done and few throws in general toward Evans. Oh yea..... Losman threw a nice TD pass to him in week 5 and he had a good game vs. SD.....

It's only explained by the fact that Trent Edwards is not the second coming of Jesus Christ as many here have believed for over a year now. It only took a few weeks and some basic film review for every team to figure out how to beat him and beat him badly.

Monday was his chance to lead this team to a win and turn this season around.

Instead he went on national TV and laid the biggest egg I think I've ever seen on a MNF game. He had an obscene amount of time in the pocket and numerous open receivers, there is no excuse for his performance.

He's just not the christ child people.

My take: He was scared to death to throw another interception on national tv and his confidence was shattered..

instead of throwing the ball on instinct he was looking to long to see if there were any browns in the area who would be able to intercept the ball. By the time he determined it was a safe pass it was too late, the timing was off, the defense had read his eyes and covered the play or else the rush was there and he had to dump the ball off. Or he did not have any confidence that the receiver would be where he was supposed to be and was afraid to let the ball fly early.

He did throw to him (according to Schonert) but the ball was tipped. Knowing that I cannot understand why Evans was ticked off after the game. :lol:

It's only explained by the fact that Trent Edwards is not the second coming of Jesus Christ as many here have believed for over a year now. It only took a few weeks and some basic film review for every team to figure out how to beat him and beat him badly.

Instead he went on national TV and laid the biggest egg I think I've ever seen on a MNF game. He had an obscene amount of time in the pocket and numerous open receivers, there is no excuse for his performance.

Say it is not so.... The time he had in the pocket was incredible.....

The secondary point is that if he could not pull the trigger because he was so shell shocked he should have been out of there at least for Monday night...... What were the coaches saying to him on the side lines? Did anyone see the interaction when he was off the field? Were they talking to him, reviewing the play book, pictures.....

Say it is not so.... The time he had in the pocket was incredible.....

The secondary point is that if he could not pull the trigger because he was so shell shocked he should have been out of there at least for Monday night...... What were the coaches saying to him on the side lines? Did anyone see the interaction when he was off the field? Were they talking to him, reviewing the play book, pictures.....

no everyone had little orphan annie eyes, wide open, seeing nothing...

Edwards cant see that far down the field :thumbsup: Maybe we need to get him some glasses just like in "Major League" :wallbash:

Relax. He is playing poorly right now but barely has played a full year.

My take: He was scared to death to throw another interception on national tv and his confidence was shattered..

instead of throwing the ball on instinct he was looking to long to see if there were any browns in the area who would be able to intercept the ball. By the time he determined it was a safe pass it was too late, the timing was off, the defense had read his eyes and covered the play or else the rush was there and he had to dump the ball off. Or he did not have any confidence that the receiver would be where he was supposed to be and was afraid to let the ball fly early.

Thats exactly what I think, too.

Edwards had a crappy day, and played like s#it.

Is this a serious question? Did you not watch the game?

Yes it is serious. He did not look at him the entire day. There was not one play call to just get him the ball. Did they talk when they were on the side lines (Edwards, coaches, Evans)? Kelly always made sure Reed got the ball, everyone forces a few to TO, Manning/Harrison...... You can not go a game without throwing to your #1 receiver.... Has Edwards explained it or been asked? This comes after a lousy week where he ignored Evans vs. NE. A very serious question.

Yes it is serious. He did not look at him the entire day. There was not one play call to just get him the ball. Did they talk when they were on the side lines (Edwards, coaches, Evans)? Kelly always made sure Reed got the ball, everyone forces a few to TO, Manning/Harrison...... You can not go a game without throwing to your #1 receiver.... Has Edwards explained it or been asked? This comes after a lousy week where he ignored Evans vs. NE. A very serious question.

Edwards addressing the issue.

Edwards addressing the issue.

1. Coaches' fault. Prepared for wrong D

2. Edwards is young, so wasn't prepared for different D

3. Edwards, apparently, is NOT able to adjust and think on the fly, if he hasn't prepared in advance.

1&2 are a summary of what Trent said, #3 is a conclusion if you take it at face value, IMO. Edwards repeatedly said "no excuses", which is good, but he also repeatedly mentioned that the scout team ran a totally different D.

I stick by my earlier, parsimonious explanation:

But, I'm sure we will continue to beat this horse until it's more dead.

1. Coaches' fault. Prepared for wrong D

2. Edwards is young, so wasn't prepared for different D

3. Edwards, apparently, is NOT able to adjust and think on the fly, if he hasn't prepared in advance.

1&2 are a summary of what Trent said, #3 is a conclusion if you take it at face value, IMO. Edwards repeatedly said "no excuses", which is good, but he also repeatedly mentioned that the scout team ran a totally different D.

I stick by my earlier, parsimonious explanation:

But, I'm sure we will continue to beat this horse until it's more dead.

Again unacceptable. The NE game was bad enough, but to explain it away that the Brown's D, who gave up 1,000 yards the prior 2 weeks was confusing is not an answer. To not make adjustments or do anything is ludicrous.

Tony, Tony, Tony. There were several play calls for Evans, even by Schonert's own admission and Edwards' as well. He was scared to pull the trigger on them though. He was doubled all night and QBs MUST have the confidence to throw into double coverage. TE did that plenty early in the year (remember when Evans was averaging 20 yds. a pop and Edwards had a gaudy YPA over 8?), but he was playing with confidence then. He isn't now. Hell, he had ALL DAY on some throws and you could tell he was thinking about pulling the trigger on longer routes but was gunshy. It happens to young QBs.

GO BILLS!!!

Again unacceptable. The NE game was bad enough, but to explain it away that the Brown's D, who gave up 1,000 yards the prior 2 weeks was confusing is not an answer. To not make adjustments or do anything is ludicrous.

It might be unacceptable, but it's what happened, which is what you asked.

Of course not making adjustments is ludicrous. But, plain and simple, the reason Evans didn't get the ball is because Trent didn't throw it to him. The adjustment that needs to be made is for Trent to throw it to him.

It might be unacceptable, but it's what happened, which is what you asked.

Of course not making adjustments is ludicrous. But, plain and simple, the reason Evans didn't get the ball is because Trent didn't throw it to him. The adjustment that needs to be made is for Trent to throw it to him.

And that adjustment better have been made after the NE game where your best player was a non-entity........

And that adjustment better have been made after the NE game where your best player was a non-entity........

Antony...Edwards flat out sucked. He had time to thow but he was unwilling to look down the field where his primary weapon could be found.

If that's not good enough for you then consider this...Edwards flat out sucked.

If you are still having trouble wrapping your brain around that then please consider this...Edwards flat out sucked.

Antony...Edwards flat out sucked. He had time to thow but he was unwilling to look down the field where his primary weapon could be found.

If that's not good enough for you then consider this...Edwards flat out sucked.

If you are still having trouble wrapping your brain around that then please consider this...Edwards flat out sucked.

Exactly. There is one big correction needed. Trent needs to throw the ball to Lee. The other stuff is window dressing.