Dr. Z's Power Rankings

Realist

Its not important where they're ranked, 23 by the way, but he sums up the last drive perfectly.

Dr Z's Power Rankings

Buffalo Bills (5-5)

They chose to make camp on the 29-yard line, which meant the winning kick would have to be 47 yards, into a swirling wind. The kick was wide right. The Bills lost to the Browns by two points. They could have moved the ball closer, if they hadn't run three times into a mob. There was time. A dink pass or two by Trent Edwards and the chances of winning would go up immeasurably. Choosing to make 47 yards their kick of choice was just nuts. Except...except...maybe their confidence in Edwards was so abysmally low, after the miserable game he'd had, that they didn't trust him to throw even one safe short pass without the danger of mishap. He had spent practically the whole fourth quarter frozen in the pocket, even with time, unable to pull the trigger, finally dumping one off to Marshawn Lynch time and again and praying that he make something happen. But then on the critical final drive, guess what? He drilled one down the seam to tight end Robert Royal, zzzzip, 22 yards. Maybe now the kid had his confidence back, maybe now they were in business. For what? Five yards on three runs and wide right. It's just so abysmally sad when they are not given a chance to win.

Its not important where they're ranked, 23 by the way, but he sums up the last drive perfectly.

Dr Z's Power Rankings

Buffalo Bills (5-5)

They chose to make camp on the 29-yard line, which meant the winning kick would have to be 47 yards, into a swirling wind. The kick was wide right. The Bills lost to the Browns by two points. They could have moved the ball closer, if they hadn't run three times into a mob. There was time. A dink pass or two by Trent Edwards and the chances of winning would go up immeasurably. Choosing to make 47 yards their kick of choice was just nuts. Except...except...maybe their confidence in Edwards was so abysmally low, after the miserable game he'd had, that they didn't trust him to throw even one safe short pass without the danger of mishap. He had spent practically the whole fourth quarter frozen in the pocket, even with time, unable to pull the trigger, finally dumping one off to Marshawn Lynch time and again and praying that he make something happen. But then on the critical final drive, guess what? He drilled one down the seam to tight end Robert Royal, zzzzip, 22 yards. Maybe now the kid had his confidence back, maybe now they were in business. For what? Five yards on three runs and wide right. It's just so abysmally sad when they are not given a chance to win.

Don't have to be a genius to know that the Bills have an anti-genius at the helm.

Dr Z's Power Rankings

Buffalo Bills (5-5)

Yeah, there's nothing powerful about the Bills or the end of that game. They looked like a neutered kitten. Embarrassing!

Obviously if it goes in, everything is great, but it was an unnecessary risk and it cost them the ballgame.

This dude lost all cedibility when I read the part about kicking with the swirling winds. Anyone who was at the game seen that when Dawson kicked & Lindell kicked that the flags on the goal posts were not moving. There was NO WIND! At that point and time in the 4th quarter the wind was a NON Factor!

This dude lost all cedibility when I read the part about kicking with the swirling winds. Anyone who was at the game seen that when Dawson kicked & Lindell kicked that the flags on the goal posts were not moving. There was NO WIND! At that point and time in the 4th quarter the wind was a NON Factor!

You can't judge the wind sitting in your seat. You have no idea what's its like in the open area which is the middle of the stadium. I have a time agreeing "he lost all credibility" after making such a subtle point.

So the kickers dont go by the flags on the goal posts? When they are not moving I would assume there is no wind......

A swirling wind can do funny things. Watching the flags is not representative of the wind's condition everywhere on the field. Have you ever played golf?

Don't have to be a genius to know that the Bills have an anti-genius at the helm.

There was a lot of good said when DJ's young 06 and 07 teams struggled and he kept a calm demeanor. I can't believe that in the midst of a four game losing streak, that we act the same way on the sidelines.

When you're not doing well and acting calm, it tells me you don't care or are just trying to ignore those problems. I think in this case it's the latter.

There was a lot of good said when DJ's young 06 and 07 teams struggled and he kept a calm demeanor. I can't believe that in the midst of a four game losing streak, that we act the same way on the sidelines.

When you're not doing well and acting calm, it tells me you don't care or are just trying to ignore those problems. I think in this case it's the latter.

Well I might agree, but between the red flag screw ups and the last drive of the browns game its become very obvious that Dick has F'd up in some major ways.

Well I might agree, but between the red flag screw ups and the last drive of the browns game its become very obvious that Dick has F'd up in some major ways.

He's a placeholder, nothing more....I'd say a majority of this board's posters could perform better gametime with a little training. In JR's case, it's hopeless.

So the kickers dont go by the flags on the goal posts? When they are not moving I would assume there is no wind......

I wouldn't care if it was inside a dome. To settle for a 47 yard field goal try is never preferable to one inside 40. 47 is no gimme under any conditions.

Dr Z's Power Rankings

Buffalo Bills (5-5)

The chorus is deafening now:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...=77061&st=0

Well, that assumption won't get you far, at The Ralph. Even most every dopey TV analyst knows that, and points it out.

Dr. Z's assessment is near perfect, actually. Irrespective of the amount of wind, no attempt to pick up more yards was a bad strategy.

True, there was no wind. Z was wrong about that, but he was otherwise correct. The correct percentage play was to throw the ball again on first down to set up another first down opportunity and hopefully not only kick that shorter field goal, but also run the clock out. Had the Bills made that kick, the Browns still had better than a half minute and a great kick returner to get the ball back in position for a kicker who just nailed one that would have been good if it had been launched from the 45 yard line instead of the 38.

Jauron is what he is folks. I have been advocating a return to Jauron's play-not-to-lose style and after getting burned for 3 turnovers in the passing game they did finally return to Dickball and almost won. That's what you get, but it was worlds better than the fruitless attempt at chuck and duck football they've put on the previous 3 weeks. Had they run the ball regardless of big gains in those AFC East matchups, I think they come out with 2 wins and at least salvage some dignity in NE. They aren't very good, their coach sucks and they can't withstand turnovers. It's a crying shame that they blew almost a month of the season without being adamant about running the ball because after a 5-1 start, Dickball would have gotten them to the playoffs and been something to really build on.

Well, that assumption won't get you far, at The Ralph. Even most every dopey TV analyst knows that, and points it out.

Dr. Z's assessment is near perfect, actually. Irrespective of the amount of wind, no attempt to pick up more yards was a bad strategy.

Actually, if you want a good general assessment, there is almost without fail less wind at night in western NY. Night brings calm, and just like the Dallas game last year there was no wind. The flags were right, and when it is swirling they are usually moving a lot more than they were.