box score from last time a Bills QB threw 3 INTs in 1st quarter ...

dave mcbride

Note the large number of passes to the team's deep threat after the INTs occurred:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...99110210buf.htm

Sigh....that's what you get when you don't have half-retarded chimpanzees calling the plays on the sidelines and a QB who let's INTs roll off him like water off a duck's back. JK was cool under pressure. TE wets his pants and starts sucking his thumb when things go wrong. Why? Because DJ insists he wear a diaper.

We need Dick Vermeil here to tell TE to take his diaper off (a la Larry Johnson).

Note the large number of passes to the team's deep threat after the INTs occurred:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...99110210buf.htm

Don't even need to look...Saw it live...Remember it like yesterday cause My buddies were giving Me SUCH a hard time early on in that Game...Man it was fun to get the last laugh...Those were the days after all... :thumbsup:

Sigh....that's what you get when you don't have half-retarded chimpanzees calling the plays on the sidelines and a QB who let's INTs roll off him like water off a duck's back. JK was cool under pressure. TE wets his pants and starts sucking his thumb when things go wrong. Why? Because DJ insists he wear a diaper.

We need Dick Vermeil here to tell TE to take his diaper off (a la Larry Johnson).

In fairness to Trent Edwards, Jim Kelly was also 31 years old, in his 6th year in the league and was coming off of a Pro Bowl season AND a Super Bowl appearance. Kelly was a veteran, established QB at the peak of a Hall of Fame career. Edwards is 6 years younger than Kelly was and made only his 19th NFL start last night.

Edwards deserves plenty of blame for last night and the last few weeks, but this is not a fair comparison at all.

In fairness to Trent Edwards, Jim Kelly was also 31 years old, in his 6th year in the league and was coming off of a Pro Bowl season AND a Super Bowl appearance. Kelly was a veteran, established QB at the peak of a Hall of Fame career. Edwards is 6 years younger than Kelly was and made only his 19th NFL start last night.

Edwards deserves plenty of blame for last night and the last few weeks, but this is not a fair comparison at all.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I know, but still ...

Last night was disheartening to watch. And I've been a huge fan of Edwards. I still am because I think he'll be pretty good down the line, but I'm starting to have some reservations. The Bills need a 20+-TD pass QB in the worst way, and I fear that his game won't lead to that.

On the other hand, I don't ever recall Kelly being afraid to throw it beyond Pete Metzelaars' range. Even after he got kicked in the head or got on the wrong end of Marty Lyons' business.

On the other hand, I don't ever recall Kelly being afraid to throw it beyond Pete Metzelaars' range. Even after he got kicked in the head or got on the wrong end of Marty Lyons' business.

That's certainly true. I'm not defending Edwards except to say that there was a very significant difference in the level of experience and achievement between the two at these respective points in their careers.