Folks blaming Jauron are way off the mark

The Big Cat

Dick most certainly is the problem. He is the head coach, when the game is on the line it is his DUTY to make sure we run some plays that put us in position to win, not lose. He has not made adjustments. He has not done sh*t. He is partially responsible for his assistants being hired, and their schemes. Fire Dick and get a coach with Balls

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need serious help.

Dick Jauron made the most CHICKEN SH-- decision I have EVER SEEN as a Bills fan when WITH A MINUTE TO GO he ran the ball three times into the middle of the line in the HOPES his kicker would make a 47 yard field goal on a cold Buffalo night in November! Dick Jauron is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEERRRR!!!!

How you can be a Bills fan and STILL defend this man is beyond belief.

You know I have been critical of you in the past however unfortunately you were dead on in your analysis of Dickie J & it is starting to look like your concerns with Edwards are correct also. This team is no closer to competing now then it was three years ago when Jauron walked in the building.

hey there jackhole... just wondering if its a good coaching decision to go to the empty backfield shotgun formation 3rd and 1 at your own 9 after edwards has already thrown 2 picks and the run got 4 then 5 yards the last 2 plays... THEN call timeout before the 3rd and 1, then go back out in the same formation they had before the timeout and still pass and get intercepted for the 3rd time. a queerbait like u will say , o well the QB has to execute that pass but u dont show your formation, call the timeout for the other team and then run the same thing with a QB thats obviously struggling. even if u dont pick up the 1st down with a run u still arent giving them the ball at your 10yard line. thats all coaching moron, so go change your font and make even BOLDER sentences u tool. u know nothing and to support Jauron means u probably are related to him or dating him

Completely unneccesary. :thumbsup:

The simple truth is that Jauron is the type of coach who likes his chances settling for a 47-yard field goal into the wind with the game on the line. I can't believe that that type of coach finds employment in the NFL, but here we are.

Yeah.. but, if Lindell is true on the kick, we're all celebrating and the play calling doesn't come under scrutiny. There was still plenty of time and incomplete passes would allow even more time for Cleveland to counter. The running game <now this IS a twist> was working very well -186 yrds, I think- so eating the clock down to nothing while trying to get closer not only makes sense, it's been Jauron's mantra with a game on the line. We got the Raiders coach fired by outcoaching him with this method. I think we'd all agree it has worked well in the past.

Thank God someone gets it. How the hell can anyone think that a 47 yard field goal in to the wind at the ralph is a gimme. You have to be out of your damn mind. I have to say that was the worst series of calls I have ever seen. This is with consideration to all of the surrounding circumstances. Dick Jauron has demonstrated his ineptitude on monday night for the entire football world to see. This is as clear as it gets. DICK JURON is an absolute disappointment. What the hell are we the fans supposed to think when a series of calls are made that are so obvious. Feel free to review my past posts, I have never written a disparaging post about a player or a coach. This is just beyond anything I have witnessed. :thumbsup:

Amen. I was a Jauron supporter. I thought a calm, intelligent and even tempered guy was going to be good for this team. But there's more to it than that. I get that now. I think he's probably a very good human being. But he has no business being HC. That's apparent to me now. There are not many Jeff Fishers and Belichiks in this world. But I am willing to bet there are some above average coaches in the league and presently out of a job that can take the same players and have a 7-8 win record. To think we had a chance at Tom Coughlin and John Fox. OMFG.

I think our next HC *has* to be a proven guy. Someone who has won the big one in some capacity either as HC or an assistant. Not a retread either. Just someone who was in a bad situation. Maybe Mooch. Maybe we need some Marty Ball. I don't know. But if I am Russ Brandon, I'm building a short list. And if Bobby April isn't in the top 5, someone needs to slap him silly.

C

Yeah.. but, if Lindell is true on the kick, we're all celebrating and the play calling doesn't come under scrutiny. There was still plenty of time and incomplete passes would allow even more time for Cleveland to counter. The running game <now this IS a twist> was working very well -186 yrds, I think- so eating the clock down to nothing while trying to get closer not only makes sense, it's been Jauron's mantra with a game on the line. We got the Raiders coach fired by outcoaching him with this method. I think we'd all agree it has worked well in the past.

If we had won that game, I would have still been furious. There's a catalog of all the things Jauron did wrong here. The lame ass time outs. The not sitting the QB. Not being aggressive etc. etc.

The only good thing about the loss is that we are not glazing over the pathetic game management which IMO ultimately cost us the game. True Lindell gets paid to make those kicks. But it never should have come down to that. Our D was bringing it. Ultimately our thin secondary got burned.

You have to put your players in a position to win - not dig them a hole.

C

Buffalo starts a second year quarterback that won't throw a pass longer than 20 yards. That quarterback has to throw from the shot gun. He doesn't throw passes under center and can't run play action because Buffalo also starts a center who gets ABUSED by 3-4 defenses. Their most reliable receiver has been injured, and as of last night their number two receiver is a rookie seventh rounder.

Who decided to go with that 2nd year QB as his starter?

I find it hilarious that people here think they can evaluate the TEAM by analyzing the sideline cams of our coach. This "playing not to lose" rhetoric is also hysterical. We blitz on defense, sometimes effectively. The linebacker corps has a HUGE drop off after KMitch and Poz, Crowell should be the first backup. The same can be said about the dropoff at DLine after Schobel, and like Crowell, Kelsay should be a backup. The defense is not the problem and takes its shots. There are no signs that the defense has employed this stupid "not-to-lose" philosophy.

That's nice. Crowell is on IR, and has not played a regular season game this year. If you are referring to Ellison, yes, he is a back up.

As for your complaint the Bills lack depth, why don't you ask yourself who is responsible for that? I'll give you a hint. His initials are DJ.

Dick Jauron is not the problem. And before you piss your pants and start firing non-substantiated "feelings" at me, please consider the scheme YOU'D develop around the crippling weaknesses we have at QB, C, LB, WR, and DE. Those are the areas where our players are just poor. On top of that, we're getting mediocre play from our DT's, G's, S's, and TE's to boot. It's not Jauron's job to be a cheerleader. It's the players' job to execute.

DJ is not a cheerleader, but he is certainly a HC. His job description does include player motivation, which this team lacks.

It amazes me that folks here profess to know the gameplan, profess to know the plays called by the sidelines, profess to know the audibles called by Edwards, profess to see the downfield routes that are and aren't being targetted, and profess to know the in and outs of our deepening personnel issues. Just because you don't see emotion from Jauron from network footage and press conferences, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And if you're blaming him for what you might perceive as emotionless play from the team last night, that's absurd. If you can't get up for a Monday Night home game, that's your own personal problem, and there's nothing a coach can do for you.

See above. Player motivation is the responsibility of the coaching staff. If the players do not feel compelled to go out on the field and play to their potential, it is the coaches job to figure out away to convince the players to do so.

You know I have been critical of you in the past however unfortunately you were dead on in your analysis of Dickie J & it is starting to look like your concerns with Edwards are correct also. This team is no closer to competing now then it was three years ago when Jauron walked in the building.

That's very big of you Gordio, thanks for the props. This past offseason I was one of the few who were in full fire Jauron mode and my fears have obviously come to fruition...DAMN that's not good! As for Edwards, the guy soooo looked like the real deal at the beginning of this season only to turn into one of the worst QBs to ever wear an NFL uniform these past four games. We are all at a loss as to why this happened and on what they should do in terms of the QB situation. Other than Jauron and Edwards' bad night, there were a few bright spots...offensive line came to play, Marshawn looked great, McKelvin looked great!

I hope the Bills fire Jauron and hire a new GM and head coach. I'm tired of looking at Jauron and his "thin", "high motor" players. I hope Edwards turns around his play in KC, and if he doesn't that Jauron has the balls to put in either Losman or Hamden to at least let the other players know that no one's job lasts forever. That you can't keep being the problem and still stay a starter. Hey, I thought that Losman was going to be something special and he never could overcome his deficiencies. Looks like Edwards also has some real doosies of deficiences with fear being the worst of them.

At least this disaster of a season will hopefully be enough to make Ralph do what they did down in Miami. This young team does have a chance to become something special the next few years but hard decisions have to be made in terms of who and what the Bills want to become. I would suggest they look at the Titans and Giants as the models to be striving for. We need to get bigger and more athletic on the defensive line, we need to get a center with a nasty disposition and we need to find a QB that can get'r done so to speak. In the mean time, let's both hope they can still turn it around somehow in '08.

Who decided to go with that 2nd year QB as his starter?

That's nice. Crowell is on IR, and has not played a regular season game this year. If you are referring to Ellison, yes, he is a back up.

As for your complaint the Bills lack depth, why don't you ask yourself who is responsible for that? I'll give you a hint. His initials are DJ.

DJ is not a cheerleader, but he is certainly a HC. His job description does include player motivation, which this team lacks.

See above. Player motivation is the responsibility of the coaching staff. If the players do not feel compelled to go out on the field and play to their potential, it is the coaches job to figure out away to convince the players to do so.

I believe the lack of depth is a result of RW's "cash to the cap" philosophy. This teams roster seems paper thin to me,and they don't sign many quality backups. A veteran LB,WR and some different DE's would be nice and I'm not sure that's Jaurons fault. I think back to the super bowl years when depth was a strength and guys like Art Still and James Lofton were brought in after being cast off by other teams.

I believe the lack of depth is a result of RW's "cash to the cap" philosophy. This teams roster seems paper thin to me,and they don't sign many quality backups. A veteran LB,WR and some different DE's would be nice and I'm not sure that's Jaurons fault. I think back to the super bowl years when depth was a strength and guys like Art Still and James Lofton were brought in after being cast off by other teams.

"Cash to cap" is an accounting concept, nothing more. Essentially, all it means is the Bills will no longer use "future" cap space to pay for players now.

As we saw under the "old" system, that kind of accounting carries its own pros and cons, and can financially hinder a team in the long run.

IIRC, the Bills were not the only team switching to that type of accounting.

Older veteran players are still being cast off other teams. The Bills had those types of players, but the FO got rid of them. Fletcher-Baker ring a bell?

And Jauron is responsible. It was his decision to get rid of them.

You want different DEs. Go ask Jauron why we still have these guys. After 3 years, he must like them. Heck, they gave Kelsay a new contract.

We are year 3 into a rebuild. For all intents and purposes, these guys are here because Jauron wanted/is satisfied with them being here.

This is "Jauron's" team.

Look it, like it, love it.

And last year he was Dick supreme when we dialed up the pass play in field goal range which resulted in the interception that just about cost us LAST year's MNF contest...

A bit of a different situation, I would contend. Protecting the ball and milking the clock when you have the lead and are driving is a bit different than milking the clock when you're behind and need a 47 yarder into the wind to win the game.

Im sorry I must dispute that because as I was watcing it being the arm chair coach that I am I am screaming at the TV what the hell are you doing and I knew after the three straight runs Lindell was going to miss it even if he made it it was a bone head call by jauron not to get his team closer to the endzone with a minute left on the clock!

Thank God someone gets it. How the hell can anyone think that a 47 yard field goal in to the wind at the ralph is a gimme. You have to be out of your damn mind. I have to say that was the worst series of calls I have ever seen. This is with consideration to all of the surrounding circumstances. Dick Jauron has demonstrated his ineptitude on monday night for the entire football world to see. This is as clear as it gets. DICK JURON is an absolute disappointment. What the hell are we the fans supposed to think when a series of calls are made that are so obvious. Feel free to review my past posts, I have never written a disparaging post about a player or a coach. This is just beyond anything I have witnessed. :wallbash:

What is so ironic about this, is that this isn't the first time he has done this. Any time he gets to around 45 yards, he starts to run it, thinking that it is a gimme.

Pathetic.

I would be willing to bet he does it again. As soon as we get to the 38ish, we start the two TE run sets to run clock and set up the kick. he is a Maroon (best BB voice)

Buffalo starts a second year quarterback that won't throw a pass longer than 20 yards. That quarterback has to throw from the shot gun. He doesn't throw passes under center and can't run play action because Buffalo also starts a center who gets ABUSED by 3-4 defenses. Their most reliable receiver has been injured, and as of last night their number two receiver is a rookie seventh rounder.

I find it hilarious that people here think they can evaluate the TEAM by analyzing the sideline cams of our coach. This "playing not to lose" rhetoric is also hysterical. We blitz on defense, sometimes effectively. The linebacker corps has a HUGE drop off after KMitch and Poz, Crowell should be the first backup. The same can be said about the dropoff at DLine after Schobel, and like Crowell, Kelsay should be a backup. The defense is not the problem and takes its shots. There are no signs that the defense has employed this stupid "not-to-lose" philosophy.

Dick Jauron is not the problem. And before you piss your pants and start firing non-substantiated "feelings" at me, please consider the scheme YOU'D develop around the crippling weaknesses we have at QB, C, LB, WR, and DE. Those are the areas where our players are just poor. On top of that, we're getting mediocre play from our DT's, G's, S's, and TE's to boot. It's not Jauron's job to be a cheerleader. It's the players' job to execute.

It amazes me that folks here profess to know the gameplan, profess to know the plays called by the sidelines, profess to know the audibles called by Edwards, profess to see the downfield routes that are and aren't being targetted, and profess to know the in and outs of our deepening personnel issues. Just because you don't see emotion from Jauron from network footage and press conferences, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And if you're blaming him for what you might perceive as emotionless play from the team last night, that's absurd. If you can't get up for a Monday Night home game, that's your own personal problem, and there's nothing a coach can do for you.

Even IF every deficiency in players you detail is true, that still doesn't excuse Jauron. He's quite simply a chickenshit coach no matter who's on the field. Saying it's not Jauron's fault because the players suck is as shallow an excuse as saying it's not the players' fault becuase Jauron sucks.

Because, you know, it could be both. :wallbash:

Wrong. Mental mistakes are much more preventable than execution in real time, where anything can happen. Bills played "Marty Ball" after getting to Browns 33 on final drive. The decision to stick Lindell with a kick of nearly 50 yards instead of trying for better field position was theirs and theirs alone.

I guarantee you I would not be willing to overlook the playcalling. I was fuming as Jauron was content to run the ball into the pile 3 times. The fact that the kick was no good just means it's more obvious to everyone how stupid a decision it was. But make no mistake, it was an idiotic decision no matter the result. Winning coaches do not play the end of a game that way.

"Cash to cap" is an accounting concept, nothing more. Essentially, all it means is the Bills will no longer use "future" cap space to pay for players now.

As we saw under the "old" system, that kind of accounting carries its own pros and cons, and can financially hinder a team in the long run.

IIRC, the Bills were not the only team switching to that type of accounting.

Older veteran players are still being cast off other teams. The Bills had those types of players, but the FO got rid of them. Fletcher-Baker ring a bell?

And Jauron is responsible. It was his decision to get rid of them.

You want different DEs. Go ask Jauron why we still have these guys. After 3 years, he must like them. Heck, they gave Kelsay a new contract.

We are year 3 into a rebuild. For all intents and purposes, these guys are here because Jauron wanted/is satisfied with them being here.

This is "Jauron's" team.

Look it, like it, love it.

We seem to agree that the FO is responsible for the lack of depth on this team. Where we differ is who's making those calls. I say it's Wilson not wanting to bring in these vets that may help cuz he doesn't want to spend the money. We have a pretty good first string,but no depth. Donnie Spragen is the kind of vet that could add needed depth,but he was let go. My opinion is that money was the issue there,not ability,and that's Wilsons call not Jaurons. If money wasn't an issue I'd think you'd see guys like KJB,Joe Horn,etc. brought in at least for a look. Maybe they could help,maybe not,but they're not even considered because RW won't spend the money. Jauron can only coach the players the FO will sign. Just my opinion.

I guarantee you I would not be willing to overlook the playcalling. I was fuming as Jauron was content to run the ball into the pile 3 times. The fact that the kick was no good just means it's more obvious to everyone how stupid a decision it was. But make no mistake, it was an idiotic decision no matter the result. Winning coaches do not play the end of a game that way.

Count me in the minority, but I think it was an okay decision. You have a QB who looks like crap all night; why risk a sack or another pick when you're in FG range? If Edwards was having a good game, then it's a different story. But I think Jauron had reason to not put the ball in Edwards' hands at the end of the game.

Count me in the minority, but I think it was an okay decision. You have a QB who looks like crap all night; why risk a sack or another pick when you're in FG range? If Edwards was having a good game, then it's a different story. But I think Jauron had reason to not put the ball in Edwards' hands at the end of the game.

A 47-yard field goal is in "kick if necessary" field goal range; it's not in "run out the clock and settle for a kick" field goal range. And again, if you have no confidence in Edwards, why have him in there? If you can't trust your QB to make plays when the game is on the line then get him out of there.

If TE had played anywhere near the level he did earlier in the season then I believe we would have beaten the Browns by a large margin. Even with all of our key injuries the team as a whole played a very good game. IMO we certainly have the talent to be a solid playoff team(depending on QB) but obviously need personnel improvements to get to the next level.

The thing is though......TE didn't play anywhere near his playing level from earlier in the season......and this then exposed DJs BIG weakness as a HC.