Folks blaming Jauron are way off the mark

The Big Cat

The thing is that while our defense is good it isn't good enough to win "play not to lose" games......

They just dont shut down like that......if you had a relentless pass rush with just your down linemen and lock down cover guys that forced the other teams offense to go into a shell then you can afford to be conservative on your own offense and grind it out.......

We dont have the horses for our HC's plan of attack......

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cash to cap" is an accounting concept, nothing more. Essentially, all it means is the Bills will no longer use "future" cap space to pay for players now.

As we saw under the "old" system, that kind of accounting carries its own pros and cons, and can financially hinder a team in the long run.

IIRC, the Bills were not the only team switching to that type of accounting.

Older veteran players are still being cast off other teams. The Bills had those types of players, but the FO got rid of them. Fletcher-Baker ring a bell?

And Jauron is responsible. It was his decision to get rid of them.

You want different DEs. Go ask Jauron why we still have these guys. After 3 years, he must like them. Heck, they gave Kelsay a new contract.

We are year 3 into a rebuild. For all intents and purposes, these guys are here because Jauron wanted/is satisfied with them being here.

Is that so? Was Dwight Freeney available and I missed it? Did Gaines drop to us, and we took McKelvin instead- you only have access to what is available to you. Just because a player is available you don't just take them- they may be worse that what you have. You don't change on the whim of the fans, or you end up sitting with them.

As far as another post about not benching the QB- I applaud that move- sometimes you have to allow a young QB to work through their problems. They didn't allow Losman that latitude, but apparently they have learned from past mistakes.

Is that so? Was Dwight Freeney available and I missed it? Did Gaines drop to us, and we took McKelvin instead- you only have access to what is available to you. Just because a player is available you don't just take them- they may be worse that what you have. You don't change on the whim of the fans, or you end up sitting with them.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, you got firm grasp of the discussion. B-)

In case you missed it, the poster I responded to named players like Art Still, James Lofton, and Joe Horn. Older players that were past their prime, and released, but still could be productive in the short term. They were brought in for depth, as a complement, or as a short term solution while the new team developed a younger player. They are valued for their experience, and possible leadership.

Last time I checked, Dwight Freeney was not past his prime, and was not purged from the Colts.