The bone-heads that want to dump Trent

I have been hearing a lot of calls to bench Trent and even talk that he is not out future QB. It's only his second year for goodness sake. Despite throwing 3 INTS we still had chance to win in the end. Bad play calling on the last three plays cost us this game. How many QBS do you know of in their second year play flawless football? Everyone seems to forget that we are finally starting to turn the corner from being horrible the past 8 years. We have had a huge meltdown the past month but we would not even be .500 right now if we got rid of Trent or played Losman. We need to start buliding the line on both sides. That's the key. All great teams of today have sured up their offensive and defensive lines. That's our problem. We are only a few big guys away from ending these missed playoff seasons.

Would you rather be a 5-5 team or a 3-7 team like the last decade? People expect too much. YOu can't win all the time. We are heading in the right direction but it takes time. Teams take 3 to 4 years to rebuild. We are only in the second year of that process. I promise you, be patient. We are finally forming into a team that is capable of winning a SB in the next couple years.

or 10.

If we're lucky...I think with Team Brandon and Co - we'll need another 5... I am not saying this to be mean or anything, but until Ralph craoks or relinquishes control fo the franchise to someone coherent - we will not reach the playoffs again...

I have been hearing a lot of calls to bench Trent and even talk that he is not out future QB. It's only his second year for goodness sake. Despite throwing 3 INTS we still had chance to win in the end. Bad play calling on the last three plays cost us this game. How many QBS do you know of in their second year play flawless football? Everyone seems to forget that we are finally starting to turn the corner from being horrible the past 8 years. We have had a huge meltdown the past month but we would not even be .500 right now if we got rid of Trent or played Losman. We need to start buliding the line on both sides. That's the key. All great teams of today have sured up their offensive and defensive lines. That's our problem. We are only a few big guys away from ending these missed playoff seasons.

Would you rather be a 5-5 team or a 3-7 team like the last decade? People expect too much. YOu can't win all the time. We are heading in the right direction but it takes time. Teams take 3 to 4 years to rebuild. We are only in the second year of that process. I promise you, be patient. We are finally forming into a team that is capable of winning a SB in the next couple years.

I agree, I just would like the coaches to call plays like they believe it. And please get us some pass rushers. Our defensive scheme needs pressure without having to blitz to work. GO BUFFALO!

Trent's season:

Sea - Played ok against what turns out to be a horrible team. Had to rely on special teams scoring

Jax - Played pretty bad against what turns out to be a bad team. Puts together a VERY clutch drive at the end

Oak - Tried and failed to throw away the game early. Came through barely against a pathetic team. At home

St Louis - Worst team in football. Cruises once defense puts him ahead. Nice "comeback"

Ariz - Injured...can't hold it against him. He couldn't have won it anyway. Defense got used.

Mia - Blew the game with Turnovers

NYG - Blew the game with pick 6

NE - Set the tone with bad pick in 1Q. Plenty of blame but he gets his share.

Clev. Three picks, attempted fumble in 1st half. Dug the team a hole which eventually cost them. Let down guys coming back with injuries to help the team.

Defend him all you want but he is THE problem right now. Maybe he will grow, maybe he won't. It is hard for fans to judge that. Based on his lack of a complete set of skills, such as an arm, and his overblown "smarts", I would say the odds are against him.

The love for this guy has got to stop. I remember a rookie QB playing well in his first game, at home against a sub par team throwing for two tds, yet when he goes on the road to play against one of the leagues best defense, he is told if he doesnt play well he will be benched. Needless to say he was benched. AFTER HIS SECOND GAME. Edwards has cost us any chance at a playoff run with his play over the last four weeks. High Fives all around. He's our guy.

Trent's season:

Sea - Played ok against what turns out to be a horrible team. Had to rely on special teams scoring

Jax - Played pretty bad against what turns out to be a bad team. Puts together a VERY clutch drive at the end

Oak - Tried and failed to throw away the game early. Came through barely against a pathetic team. At home

St Louis - Worst team in football. Cruises once defense puts him ahead. Nice "comeback"

Ariz - Injured...can't hold it against him. He couldn't have won it anyway. Defense got used.

Mia - Blew the game with Turnovers

NYG - Blew the game with pick 6

NE - Set the tone with bad pick in 1Q. Plenty of blame but he gets his share.

Clev. Three picks, attempted fumble in 1st half. Dug the team a hole which eventually cost them. Let down guys coming back with injuries to help the team.

Defend him all you want but he is THE problem right now. Maybe he will grow, maybe he won't. It is hard for fans to judge that. Based on his lack of a complete set of skills, such as an arm, and his overblown "smarts", I would say the odds are against him.

Jaws said it - You can't hide your QB. There would have been nothing wrong with sitting your QB - no matter how much he is a part of your future (see VY in Tenn.) when he is (way) off his game. The object is to win games. That or you risk losing your team.

A rookie (with all *his* growing pains) outplayed him tonight. I thought everyone else played well. Was encouraged by the Oline and the play of Steven Johnson. The D wasn't perfect but good enough to win.

Yet, our QB stunk up the joint and cost us the game. Plain and simple. He needs to sit. Temporarily.

C

I have been hearing a lot of calls to bench Trent and even talk that he is not out future QB. It's only his second year for goodness sake. Despite throwing 3 INTS we still had chance to win in the end. Bad play calling on the last three plays cost us this game. How many QBS do you know of in their second year play flawless football? Everyone seems to forget that we are finally starting to turn the corner from being horrible the past 8 years. We have had a huge meltdown the past month but we would not even be .500 right now if we got rid of Trent or played Losman. We need to start buliding the line on both sides. That's the key. All great teams of today have sured up their offensive and defensive lines. That's our problem. We are only a few big guys away from ending these missed playoff seasons. Would you rather be a 5-5 team or a 3-7 team like the last decade? People expect too much. YOu can't win all the time. We are heading in the right direction but it takes time. Teams take 3 to 4 years to rebuild. We are only in the second year of that process. I promise you, be patient. We are finally forming into a team that is capable of winning a SB in the next couple years.
Yer joking right? And all this time I thought Gringo Starr was the resident idiot here.

Look im all for this kid going out there and winning and hes played well more often than not. My problem with him lately is he is playing scared and it is costing us the playoffs after a 5-1 start. 16 completions 10 were to lynch within 5 yards of the LOS. Evans barely got a look tonight and that is unacceptable. Are the browns really that good? Really?

Trent should have been pulled when it was clear his confidence was gone. After his thrid pick in 6 throws he was ineffective. !@#$ his feelings this is a game we needed to win and Trent didnt give us a chance and hasnt for 4 weeks

Jaws said it - You can't hide your QB. There would have been nothing wrong with sitting your QB - no matter how much he is a part of your future (see VY in Tenn.) when he is (way) off his game. The object is to win games. That or you risk losing your team.

A rookie (with all *his* growing pains) outplayed him tonight. I thought everyone else played well. Was encouraged by the Oline and the play of Steven Johnson. The D wasn't perfect but good enough to win.

Yet, our QB stunk up the joint and cost us the game. Plain and simple. He needs to sit. Temporarily.

C

Oh Yeah, Brady Quinn really outplayed Edwards tonight - to the tune of 14 for 36 (39%) for 185 yards! He tried to bring his team back, and couldn't get them any closer than a miracle 56 yard field goal.

Yes, Edwards was pretty bad tonight - but he fought through it, and he made the throw to get us into field goal range, and I'm absolutely convinced he would have made the next throw if only it had been called.....

JDG

Oh Yeah, Brady Quinn really outplayed Edwards tonight - to the tune of 14 for 36 (39%) for 185 yards! He tried to bring his team back, and couldn't get them any closer than a miracle 56 yard field goal.

Yes, Edwards was pretty bad tonight - but he fought through it, and he made the throw to get us into field goal range, and I'm absolutely convinced he would have made the next throw if only it had been called.....

JDG

How many ridiculously stupid interceptions did Quinn throw? I must have been taking a nap. Also, did he ever throw more than 5 yards downfield?

C

I agree as long as by temporarily you mean permanently. He's done.

Cleveland at home. That's all I have to say. It should have never come down to a desperate field goal. Edwards was a bum out there. He is not the answer at qb. Stop with all the excuses. He played scared while jauron coached scared. They both should be thrown to the wolves.

No question, no doubt, Edwards was awful last night...it may sound like an excuse, but I really think that he is not done with that concussion. Losman should have been in the game after the third pick. The line actually protected fairly well last night, and from what I am hearing, receivers were getting open. For whatever complaints people have had about Trent's game, slow at reading defenses was never one of them. He is frozen out there the last few weeks...I really think he shouldn't be playing. It is sometimes hard to distinguish the blurry line between bad play, and bad coaching, but I think we are seeing both right now.

JDG

How many balls were DROPPED by Browns receivers? Stats can LIE. Anyone that watched that game with clear eyes KNOWS Brady with much less experience than Trent, CLEARLY outplayed Trent last night & is a BETTER QB.

C

Let's keep our facts straight and our perspective--Quinn is also a second year QB, just like TE, but one chosen in the first round and a projected Top 10 pick at one point. The jury is still out on him as well, but I'd have to say that notwithstanding last night, TE has had a better career than Brady Quinn simply based on the fact that he's actually played 16 or so more NFL games than Quinn. If that will continue into the future, who knows. I, too, don't like what I saw from TE last night, but I'm not so sure throwing him under the bus and starting over somehow is the answer here. Like it or not, he's got the rest of the season to show us what he's got. If, based on that, he looks like he's regressed, then the front office has its work cut out for them going into the offseason. If he makes progress, then we're back where I expected us to be in 2008--anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 and one year away (and 3-4 key additions--DE, C/G, OLB and TE) from making a serious run at the AFCE. We all got a little too excited by our early start, but it's time to come down to reality, folks.....