Wide Recievers

Bills Fan888

Stats for the game

What is up with our wide receivers? We need to get a good #2 receiver now. 10 passes to Lynch and only 6 to the people who should be catching the ball. C'mon.

Jaws said several times that Edwards was missing guys open...just not willing to pull the trigger...

Without game film we will never know....but I'm willing to bet they were getting open, Trent was just not getting it out there...

Jaws said several times that Edwards was missing guys open...just not willing to pull the trigger...

Without game film we will never know....but I'm willing to bet they were getting open, Trent was just not getting it out there...

But for the whole game??? If Trent never saw Evans open the whole game than there's something wrong.

I thought that I was watching the football version of "Top Gun". I'm gonna start calling Edwards "Maverick".

"I'm sorry Ice, it doesn't look good, I can't take the shot".

That's not an extact quote but you get the picture.

Did Lee Evans dress tonight???

Edwards just wouldn't throw the ball deep. We could of had Jerry Rice and it still wouldn't make a difference.

I thought we drafted a 6'6' guy to throw the fade to when in the red zone, oh well guess we were mistaken.

Exactly. When we had to settle for that FG the shot that Edwards took was to Roscoe, the smallest WR we got! Give me a break!

I saw a couple of replays where guys were open and Edwards just did not throw it. I think after the interceptions he just went into a funk, refusing to pull the trigger unless the player was standing wide open BEFORE he threw it. He would not throw it on the receiver's break, or before the break.

His last pass to Royal was his best of the game, I think. It was like he knew the game was on the line and he was willing to take a chance.

Then Turk and Jauron decide to let the air out of the ball.

I saw a couple of replays where guys were open and Edwards just did not throw it. I think after the interceptions he just went into a funk, refusing to pull the trigger unless the player was standing wide open BEFORE he threw it. He would not throw it on the receiver's break, or before the break.

His last pass to Royal was his best of the game, I think. It was like he knew the game was on the line and he was willing to take a chance.

Then Turk and Jauron decide to let the air out of the ball.

At times he looked like a frigthened child out there. What happend to all the "poise"?

If the QB won't get the ball to them, why not go HEAVY and just run it all night? Seriously, if the QB is afraid to throw it, why use them?

Pretty sure all we did was run the ball or throw screen passes (basically run equivalent). The one time we should have passed was the last play before the field goal..

I thought when reading the title of the post "wide recievers" that I was gonna see the next sentence as...."do we have them?"

Yeah we have them but we don't have a QB - YET! Lets hope he develops but the WR's are not the problem as those who either attend the game or can watch tape and see the WHOLE field have complained the past few games about how Trent is missing open receivers and not pulling the trigger; thank god we have Jaws who will actually break down a game! Honestly if we had a decent QB this team would be at least 7-3! The D is not as far of as some think as it least it has a solid foundation and just needs to get back a few missing pieces and another passrusher. On offense until we establish an identity and either develop or acquire a consistent QB then we will always be reaching year after year!