ESPN did their homework..

otisly00

I'm not an ESPN hater, but I must say the first 5 minutes of MNF football is outrageous:

1) Merryl Hodge talks about the Bills 5 game winning streak to start the season

2) Suzy Kolber reports and talks about Edwards concussion in week 7 and the possible after effects causing the 3 game losing streak

3) whomever talking about Brady Quinn being happy to finally being home, playing in Cleveland tonight.

Really?

Actually Michelle Tafoya had something semi-interesting to say on one of the earlier 'Teams at 20' updates. She said the Bills have been working all week on a "walking defense," with guys moving around pre-snap, to disguise whose coming and hopefully generate some pass rush.

Whether that just means we'll be using the creep more often as we were earlier in the season, or something different, we'll see. At least they're trying something.

At least they're trying something.

that's really the main thing I'm looking for from guys like Turk and Perry. Adjustments to fix what isn't working. Our defense too often seems vanilla and we don't adjust and keep getting beat by the same stuff. Our offense needs better playcalling to make it much more unpredictable - I don't care if we go shotgun the whole game if we run out of it as well as pass out of it so the defense doesn't know what's coming - shotgun pass, under center bunch run, shotgun pass is WAY too predictable against NFL defenses.

that's really the main thing I'm looking for from guys like Turk and Perry. Adjustments to fix what isn't working. Our defense too often seems vanilla and we don't adjust and keep getting beat by the same stuff. Our offense needs better playcalling to make it much more unpredictable - I don't care if we go shotgun the whole game if we run out of it as well as pass out of it so the defense doesn't know what's coming - shotgun pass, under center bunch run, shotgun pass is WAY too predictable against NFL defenses.

I gotta blame the O (or lack of) for all of our losses except Arizona. I mean not 100% of blame on the offense, but a good majority of it.

Actually Michelle Tafoya had something semi-interesting to say on one of the earlier 'Teams at 20' updates. She said the Bills have been working all week on a "walking defense," with guys moving around pre-snap, to disguise whose coming and hopefully generate some pass rush.

Whether that just means we'll be using the creep more often as we were earlier in the season, or something different, we'll see. At least they're trying something.

No I think it means they plan to walk instead of run during the game and try to conserve energy. It's our new scheme.

I still fully expect ESPN to spend more than half of the MNF Countdown show talking about Favre, Manning and the Titans. Most discussion of the game will center on Quinn.

Don't fool yourself...at least half of the time will be dedicated to the Cowgirls...

Greeaat.... they lead off the damn show talkin about the cowboys. How! Why?

I'm suddenly reminded of why I never watch ESPN anymore.

I understand your frustration at ESPN but I don't let it piss me off. ESPN is in the business of making money just like everybody else. It's a national station and more people want to hear about the Cowboys than the Bills. If they show the Cowboys content, they get higher ratings. If they get higher ratings, companies pay more for advertising. Plain and simple.

They did that a lot against the Raiders. They tend to do it against young quarterbacks.

OK.. half way through this MNF Countdown thing and I think there's been all of 5 minutes on the game (and I'm being extremely liberal with that assessment). If this were a good game.. .say Dallas at the Pats* would they talk about the game or would they still talk about everything but the Monday night game? So much for getting the primetime spotlight.