Jeff Fisher Proves That Staying With A HC For A Long Time

Steely Dan

Didn't he get inducted the same year as Thurm? I dunno; we left the ceremony early.

No. I think the new Kotite wing is still under construction. The next time I talk with Joe Horrigan, I will find out when construction is scheduled to be complete.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that this point is always overlooked? As you said, continuity is great if the guy is capable of doing the job, but keeping the same guy who clearly can't get the job done while expecting him to suddenly get better = insanity.

It amazes me that some of the same people who decided after a handful of games that JP wasn't the answer are willing to give Dick three, four more seasons to figure it all out.

You nailed it brotha! B-)

Forget these three lackluster seasons with Buffalo, Jauron had a lousy four out of five seasons in Chicago before he ever got here!!

JP Losman receives nothing but venum, ridicule and hatred here, while Dick Jauron is still viable and relevant for some insane reason. What exactly is up with this double standard? It is amazing.

Jeff Fisher is a good example of sticking with a HC. Fisher is in his 14th year as a HC of the Houston/Tennessee franchise.

Here's his record:

1994 1-5

1995 7-9

1996 8-8

1997 8-8

1998 8-8

1999 13-3

2000 13-3

2001 7-9

2002 11-5

2003 12-4

2004 5-11

2005 4-12

2006 8-8

2007 10-6

2008 so far undefeated.

Be careful about calling for someone's head too soon.

I know, I know Jauron sucked in Chicago but compare his first three years here with Fishers.

My point?

WE'RE NOT DOOMED!!

Jeff, shows alot of emotion on the sidelines. Have you ever seen him walk out to the field when a player gets hurt. DJ on the other hand pick his nose.

Jeff, shows alot of emotion on the sidelines. Have you ever seen him walk out to the field when a player gets hurt. DJ on the other hand pick his nose.

DJ picking his nose would provide at least a bit of excitement. He's a bore and he has cast a shadow of boredom on the team.

.....yawn

Time for a nap.

Jeff Fisher is a good example of sticking with a HC. Fisher is in his 14th year as a HC of the Houston/Tennessee franchise.

WE'RE NOT DOOMED!!

its easy to say that when you are talking about a good head coach which Jauron is not

That would be assuming that everything's fine and dandy with Dick's game planning and game day decisions. You're surely not suggesting that are you? It sucks to say it, but he's a failure and he's ours for another three freaking years. That's downright depressing. :wallbash:

If only it were just a GM thing. Like you said before, at least we still have a team to root for. Gotta dig down deep after three straight divisional losses.

Yes, and Roscoe Parrish is a Wes Welker waiting to happen (which is NOT related to what you said). Dick Jauron is a good coach- maybe not a good personnel guy, but the coach shouldn't be the personnel guy, and if he is, then that tells you all you need to know about the franchise. The Bills have gone through coaches and QB's like water since the end of Kelly/Levy and haven't really addressed the offensive or defensive lines. Sure, we had our share of guys like Craafts, Panos and Walker, but where are the guys that the Jets and Dolphins are getting?

We aren't a coach away from being a playoff team- we are a new coach away from doing something different and sucking at doing it. The decline in our offensive line started the day that Polian was left go, and we made the Superbowl the following year. The we built up the defensive line and made a playoff run until that was blown up when Gregg Williams decided that the number one defense in the league didn't meet his standards. I think Williams has potential as a head coach, but never was allowed to learn from his mistakes in Buffalo.

If you want Jauron gone, be careful what you wish for- you aren't getting an A+ coach to come to Buffalo- its a death knell for a coaches career and an economic pit.

Dick Jauron is a good organizer and a good delegator. He is predictable- and while fans think that is bad, it doesn't make it so. It is good when the players know what to expect. The fact is when you always have to pass on 3rd or 4th and one because I can block better than the o-line, you have a major problem. When your owner fires a head coach and doesn't want to pay him, you have a problem. The Bills are the laughingstock of the league

Yes, and Roscoe Parrish is a Wes Welker waiting to happen (which is NOT related to what you said). Dick Jauron is a good coach- maybe not a good personnel guy, but the coach shouldn't be the personnel guy, and if he is, then that tells you all you need to know about the franchise. The Bills have gone through coaches and QB's like water since the end of Kelly/Levy and haven't really addressed the offensive or defensive lines. Sure, we had our share of guys like Craafts, Panos and Walker, but where are the guys that the Jets and Dolphins are getting?

We aren't a coach away from being a playoff team- we are a new coach away from doing something different and sucking at doing it. The decline in our offensive line started the day that Polian was left go, and we made the Superbowl the following year. The we built up the defensive line and made a playoff run until that was blown up when Gregg Williams decided that the number one defense in the league didn't meet his standards. I think Williams has potential as a head coach, but never was allowed to learn from his mistakes in Buffalo.

If you want Jauron gone, be careful what you wish for- you aren't getting an A+ coach to come to Buffalo- its a death knell for a coaches career and an economic pit.

Dick Jauron is a good organizer and a good delegator. He is predictable- and while fans think that is bad, it doesn't make it so. It is good when the players know what to expect. The fact is when you always have to pass on 3rd or 4th and one because I can block better than the o-line, you have a major problem. When your owner fires a head coach and doesn't want to pay him, you have a problem. The Bills are the laughingstock of the league

Mort takes a ton of heat on this board, but you aren't really that far away from what he contends about this franchise. I don't agree with Mort that everything was hunky-dory under Donahoe; but, his contention that Ralph wasn't an upgrade as President/part of the GM-hydra is not altogether wrong either. How much energy can a 90 year old really put in to competing with guys that could be his grandsons or great-grandsons? The days of Mom-and-Pop AFL football operations are long gone, and while Ralph hasn't lost his mind completely like dear Uncle Al in Oakland, his decisions to minimize the number of football men in the top decision making posts, while it may be out of the box, hasn't paid any dividends.

Yes, and Roscoe Parrish is a Wes Welker waiting to happen (which is NOT related to what you said).

Put Roscoe Parrish on a lot of other teams in this league and he'd be lighting things up and people would be wondering where the hell he came from. I really believe the Bills have never found a proper use for him in an offense.

Your premise is that if the Bills stay with a head coach they will eventually achieve a very good record and the premise is based on a sample of 1 coach. I'm not sold on your conclusion or Jauron. Apparently the Bills front office buys both since they game him an extension.

I'm sure we're all waiting for your scientific survey of every coach in NFL history. Will we have to wait a long time?

Thought so.

His conclusion was that we are not doomed. With that kind of conclusion, you don't need any more than one contrary example. Get it? He didn't guarantee success? Just said it was possible even with a record that didn't improve immediately.

its easy to say that when you are talking about a good head coach which Jauron is not

The point, which you seem to have missed, is that it was NOT easy to say it about Fisher in his first few years. You had to have faith. And the GM had to get him excellent players.

Put Roscoe Parrish on a lot of other teams in this league and he'd be lighting things up and people would be wondering where the hell he came from. I really believe the Bills have never found a proper use for him in an offense.

Roscoe will give you a play every now and then on offense. He is a punt returner, and one of the best- he didn't impress me as a college WR, much less an NFL receiver. Welker? Please, I'd be happy if he could be half the WR Jericho Cotchery is for the Jets.

I'm sure we're all waiting for your scientific survey of every coach in NFL history. Will we have to wait a long time?

Thought so.

His conclusion was that we are not doomed. With that kind of conclusion, you don't need any more than one contrary example. Get it? He didn't guarantee success? Just said it was possible even with a record that didn't improve immediately.

Yeah, but in choosing his examples, he chooses to ignore the obvious. It is interesting how he has Bill Parcells listed more than once. Yet, nobody really questions if Parcells is, was, or would be a good coach.

The Bills are Jauron's second stop. Does he list Jauron twice? Of course not. You want to know what Jauron's record in Chicago was after 41 games?

18-23. This stat is far more relevant than any comparison to any other coach. That's because it is a a direct reflection of our present HC.

And how did his tenure in Chicago work out?

Great piece. I don't agree with some of the other stuff but that's dead on. :wallbash:

Thought so.

You are my favorite new poster because you think before you post. :wacko:

Gee, Tom Landry must have sucked.

As I said above. :D

The point, which you seem to have missed, is that it was NOT easy to say it about Fisher in his first few years. You had to have faith. And the GM had to get him excellent players.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, but in choosing his examples, he chooses to ignore the obvious. It is interesting how he has Bill Parcells listed more than once. Yet, nobody really questions if Parcells is, was, or would be a good coach.

The Bills are Jauron's second stop. Does he list Jauron twice? Of course not. You want to know what Jauron's record in Chicago was after 41 games?

18-23. This stat is far more relevant than any comparison to any other coach. That's because it is a a direct reflection of our present HC.

And how did his tenure in Chicago work out?

See Levy, Marv Kansas City.

Mike Smith

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaches?coaType=head&team=ATL

John Harbaugh

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaches?coaType=head&team=BAL

Tony Sparano

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaches?coaType=head&team=MIA

Jim Zorn

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaches?coaType=head&team=WAS

ALL rookie head coaches that have turned around losing teams. Two of them with rookie QBs! It's time for the Bills (and you) to WAKE UP and realize that a man who has had 7 out of 8 losing seasons as a head coach will NEVER become a good head coach. DICK JAURONS SUCKS MONKEY BALLS!!!!

When will you ever get this? :wallbash: