Key Plays by the Men in Black and White

The game started out with that totally horrid call on Ko Simpson, and went downhill from there. Is it really up to Jauron to challenge that play where the guy was out of bounds on the sideline catch? (Yes, he had plenty of time to challenge). But how about getting it right when it happened?

There was an illegal motion call on us when it was 3rd and 3, and their guy jumped offside. Maybe I am blind, or my t.v. froze, but on the replay I did not see one guy even flinch on our line. That ruined a drive.

The defensive holding call. I've only seen that called on a rare occasion, the biggest one was in the Music City Miracle game, when they called it against us on a missed field goal by the Titans, respotted it, and the Titans rekicked and made the field goal. Today it should've been 4th down, field goal, 3 minutes left and the Bills have a chance.

The onside kick. I think that should've been reviewed. No way does one of those dinosaurs see what happened. Booth review.\

The Pats own the league. There was a game this year v. rams where they were not called for ANY penalties. how is that even possible?

The game started out with that totally horrid call on Ko Simpson, and went downhill from there. Is it really up to Jauron to challenge that play where the guy was out of bounds on the sideline catch? (Yes, he had plenty of time to challenge). But how about getting it right when it happened?

There was an illegal motion call on us when it was 3rd and 3, and their guy jumped offside. Maybe I am blind, or my t.v. froze, but on the replay I did not see one guy even flinch on our line. That ruined a drive.

The defensive holding call. I've only seen that called on a rare occasion, the biggest one was in the Music City Miracle game, when they called it against us on a missed field goal by the Titans, respotted it, and the Titans rekicked and made the field goal. Today it should've been 4th down, field goal, 3 minutes left and the Bills have a chance.

The onside kick. I think that should've been reviewed. No way does one of those dinosaurs see what happened. Booth review.\

The Pats own the league. There was a game this year v. rams where they were not called for ANY penalties. how is that even possible?

The catch out of bounds is on Jauron and his lame challenge.

The illegal motion call was Jason Peters rocking on his heels - pretty obvious.

I will say, I don't like to b*tch about refs but when they allow, say Sam Aiken to make contact with our punt returner who is trying to make a fair catch, it might give the Pats an invitation to do anything. That's what angers me about stuff like that. It gives them carte blanche. Esp. when you are throwing ticky tack flags on us like the Simpson hit.

The catch out of bounds is on Jauron and his lame challenge.

The illegal motion call was Jason Peters rocking on his heels - pretty obvious.

I've read some other posts, and I am not alone in not seeing Peters move a muscle. Therefore, I don't see it as fairly obvious. I thought it was a bad call live, and on replay I didn't see him move.

From an article on ESPN, they claim Jauron threw the challenge flag, and 3 coaches were screaming at a ref, and the ref ignored them. That's ridiculous.

I will say, I don't like to b*tch about refs but when they allow, say Sam Aiken to make contact with our punt returner who is trying to make a fair catch, it might give the Pats an invitation to do anything. That's what angers me about stuff like that. It gives them carte blanche. Esp. when you are throwing ticky tack flags on us like the Simpson hit.

Good call. That was another obvious one that was missed.

The thing that got me the most was not reviewing the onsides kick. Maybe a Bills player did touch it first, but how is that not close enough to review? It was clear that the refs just wanted to get the game done with.

Did they really though? I dont feel the refs had a huge part in the loss........

Yeah Wes Welker was outta bounds, but what the hell was he doing running down field with no defender within 10 yards? Yeah the call with Simpson was lame, but....its at full speed the hit could have looked different.....

Buffalo Bills lost the game not the refs.

I agree, the bills got outplayed and would've lost even with fair officiating. I don't think anyone will argue that. However, I also think that these were some of the most suspicious calls I've ever seen. That shoulder to shoulder hit by Ko Simpson was a ticky tack call if I've ever see one. I'll see if I can find a replay to verify, but I also didn't see peters flinch in live action or on the replay on that illegal motion call. That defensive holding on stroud was just absurd, and has been bothering me, it isn't like Hochuli blowing the call in San Diego in a split second decision, this was a ref going out of his way to make a very questionable call on a very routine play, complete insanity. And Wilfork also hit duke preston square in the back 10 yards away from the play on that interception with no flag. The no call on aiken, the no review on the onside kick, and the "catch" by welker all might be excusable if they were isolated incidents, but to see all of them happen it becomes a pattern. Once agian, no excuse for getting thoroughly outplayed and out coached, but I can't remember the last time I've seen so many questionable calls go the same way in one game. The '98 game in NE was a different situation because the Bills actually deserved to win that one and the refs took it away from them, but I think the officiating in this game was much more suspect. No conspiracy theories or anything, but I'm definitely scratching my head

The onside kick while too little too late had me shaking my head...... The Bills are awarded the ball, somehow they then change their mind and there is not even a booth review in the last 2 minutes..... Almost unheard of.... offensive line holding too??? That said we lost the game and frankly did not deserve a win, but fishy nonetheless....

Why didn't Jauron run on the field and throw the challenge flag near where the play took place? He blew that. It is the coaches responsibility to do whatever it takes to throw the flag. He did nothing to get the refs attention. The man is a dead coach. No emotion in a very emotional type game. The refs did not cost us this game. The Simpson penalty was terrible, but it was on the first series of the game.

We stink. We have played three division opponents and had no chance to win any of the games in the 4th qtr. That is pathetic, and should get our entire coaching staff fired except for Bobby April.

Why didn't Jauron run on the field and throw the challenge flag near where the play took place? He blew that. It is the coaches responsibility to do whatever it takes to throw the flag. He did nothing to get the refs attention.

I agree 100%

The refs did not cost us this game.

I don't think anyone is saying that they did, but the officiating was very very suspect in this game and people are talking about it, nothing more nothing less. If I saw officiating this bad in the Pitt/Indy game I would've started a thread about it, it was just that crazy.

We have played three division opponents and had no chance to win any of the games in the 4th qtr.

LOL So, after Jabari's touchdown in the 4th against the Jets and when we were up nine against the dolphins in the 4th we had NO CHANCE to win? I also think this team looks extremely mediocre right now, but take it easy on the revisionist history.

Why didn't Jauron run on the field and throw the challenge flag near where the play took place? He blew that. It is the coaches responsibility to do whatever it takes to throw the flag. He did nothing to get the refs attention. The man is a dead coach. No emotion in a very emotional type game. The refs did not cost us this game. The Simpson penalty was terrible, but it was on the first series of the game.

We stink. We have played three division opponents and had no chance to win any of the games in the 4th qtr. That is pathetic, and should get our entire coaching staff fired except for Bobby April.

Yea a call on the first series against a player that's not been playing for awhile.

I don't suppose that would set a tone for anything :w00t: .

And in any stadium and any game I believe holding can be called however it is never called

on the pats and unless they changed the rule of what constitutes holding I saw plenty of it going on.? Pick play legal or not, Faulk runs right across your cb and welker crosses right behind him

We never got the ball back against the Jets until we were down by 9. When I say we did not have a chance to win in the 4th qtr, I mean that we did not have the ball with a chance to win late in the game. Sure we were only down 23-17, but we were not on offense.

Same against the Fish. When we got the ball late we were down by two scores.