Like Jax was last year for JP, this is Trent's "statement&quo

VOR

Sorry if that gets some of your panties in a bunch, but it's true. Trent's had 2 straight bad, really bad, games, against division rivals no less. A third bad game likely puts the Bills at the bottom of the division, as I see the Jets and Dols winning today. Since the playoffs are still within reach, if he has a bad first half, I say bench him for JP.

But hopefully it doesn't come to that. JP is gone at the end of the year, and the Bills not knowing if Trent is truly the guy screws them down the line.

Sorry if that gets some of your panties in a bunch, but it's true. Trent's had 2 straight bad, really bad, games, against division rivals no less. A third bad game likely puts the Bills at the bottom of the division, as I see the Jets and Dols winning today. Since the playoffs are still within reach, if he has a bad first half, I say bench him for JP.

But hopefully it doesn't come to that. JP is gone at the end of the year, and the Bills not knowing if Trent is truly the guy screws them down the line.

Not a chance. JP was in his fourth year...Edwards is in his 2nd. What is he, 10-7 as a starter? You can't pull the plug on the guy so quickly. That's why we have had a carousel of quarterbacks for the better part of the last 10-15 years.

I know that I have 50 posts and he has 1000 or something, but can we ban this guy??????

No, a thousand times no. I'm not a huge JP detractor and I think he'll make a decent starting QB for a different team, but you never take your starter (and future of the team) out after a bad half. Now, if he's thrown for 40 yards and 3 interceptions or something ridiculous like that, then you consider it. But if he's just struggling like he struggled against the Jets and Dolphins, you leave him in there and let him work it out. If you take Trent out at half time, you introduce a quarterback controversy into the mix of a team that is already struggling. That's basically ASKING not to make the playoffs.

No, a thousand times no. I'm not a huge JP detractor and I think he'll make a decent starting QB for a different team, but you never take your starter (and future of the team) out after a bad half. Now, if he's thrown for 40 yards and 3 interceptions or something ridiculous like that, then you consider it. But if he's just struggling like he struggled against the Jets and Dolphins, you leave him in there and let him work it out. If you take Trent out at half time, you introduce a quarterback controversy into the mix of a team that is already struggling. That's basically ASKING not to make the playoffs.

The thing is, it won't have been just a half (assuming he plays a bad first half, which again I hope doesn't happen). And if the Bills drop 3 straight games and Trent is a major reason, there's a QB controversy whether you like it or not. Hence the reason the backup QB is the most popular guy on any team.

The thing is, it won't have been just a half (assuming he plays a bad first half, which again I hope doesn't happen). And if the Bills drop 3 straight games and Trent is a major reason, there's a QB controversy whether you like it or not. Hence the reason the backup QB is the most popular guy on any team.

I'm not sure how you can say that Trent Edwards is the biggest reason for the losses though...a reason? Definitely. A mojor reason? I'd say so. But you can't really let the line, coaching, and defensive line off and throw it all on the shoulders of Trent can you? The one play I've been seeing all week is the Dockery whiff that lead to the pick 6. Has he played poorly in the losses? Yes, but the major reason? That's a stretch.

What a fu-king retard.

What a fu-king retard.

agreed. Trent's had a couple bad turnovers, but we've moved the ball very well through the air, without the benefit of a running game. In the NFL it takes a good quarterback to do that. Trent is a good QB in the NFL and only in his 2nd season. JP was in and out of the lineup for years before last year's jags game. That game he had time to throw, and a running game and still threw it into triple coverage when the game was on the line.

I know that I have 50 posts and he has 1000 or something, but can we ban this guy??????

Why? Because his opinion differs from yours? If you do not like what he has to say, TSW has this neat little feature called 'ignore user'.

To access it, you click on the 'offending' user's name, and click 'view members profile'. When the window finishes opening, click on profile options, and then "Ignore User".

After that, the big bad meanie will disappear.

Or, you could just man up, admit to yourself you disagree with the OP on this particular topic, but you may end up agreeing with him on other topics.

Your choice.

And for the record, no, I do not agree with VOR. Benching TE because of a bad half would be pretty stupid.

TE has been declared the starter. You play him, good or bad, all year.

agreed. Trent's had a couple bad turnovers, but we've moved the ball very well through the air, without the benefit of a running game. In the NFL it takes a good quarterback to do that. Trent is a good QB in the NFL and only in his 2nd season. JP was in and out of the lineup for years before last year's jags game. That game he had time to throw, and a running game and still threw it into triple coverage when the game was on the line.

yeah, JP had a running game to the tune of Anthony Thomas, 15 carries for 46 yards. It's one thing to dislike a player, and it's another thing to make up stuff to try and validate yourself.

in any case, no, this game isn't like the jax game last year for JP - Edwards is just scratching the surface. Losman was in his 4th(5th?) year.

yeah, JP had a running game to the tune of Anthony Thomas, 15 carries for 46 yards. It's one thing to dislike a player, and it's another thing to make up stuff to try and validate yourself.

in any case, no, this game isn't like the jax game last year for JP - Edwards is just scratching the surface. Losman was in his 4th(5th?) year.

N.E. qb looks good for beeing his first year as a starter since highschool.And they have they're fourth string rb starting.Edwards is scratching the surface and he is not getting better ,he is getting worst.Is he able to change the play at the line .Because when you see seven in the box ,why are we still trying to run it?Shouldn't he change it to a pass?

My mistake. He should have been pulled after the 3rd quarter.

In favor of who....a guy who has had 4 years to figure it out and still hasn't? Don't even talk about Hamdan, who can't play unless BOTH Trent and JP get hurt.

Trent is going through growing pains. That's it. Nothing more to it, really.

We're all justifiably pi$$ed off because they started 5-1 and looked like they were on the road to the playoffs and we've now dropped 3 bad ones to division opponents. At this point, I don't want to miss the playoffs, but I'm expecting that they will as Trent works out the bugs. That said, the sooner he does, the better the chances they will squeak in (o-line and defensive problems aside).