Brandon Marshall "near incident"

i have never seen lott play live -- only on tape. i know lott was a tremendous player. lott was a great leader too. i think troy is that type of guy. his skills are top shelf -- i'm telling you, his speed, hitting, coverage and overall angle to the ball is the best i have ever seen. i suppose lott had that too. i would like for a lott fan or San fran fan to chime in....

better than ronnie lott? no way

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is hilarious...if Marshall was to flash some sort of "support the troops" thing, nobody, NFL included, would have a problem, they/we would be praising him...but make a symbolic gesture toward racial harmony, and that is offensive? It really has nothing to do with him being selfish and wanting the spotlight, but everything, it seems, to do with the message. Talk about much adieu about nothing...I think a lot of NFL fans are not the most fair, or open minded people out there...this thread confirms that.

Your take is hilarious. It doesn't matter what "statement" he was trying to make. That was NOT the platform to make a statement. If he really wants to promote unity, do something in the community. Doing an act with the game on the line is totally inappropriate. What if he pulled the glove out and the Browns got the ball at the fifty with 1:30 left? You think that's much adieu about nothing?

Your take is hilarious. It doesn't matter what "statement" he was trying to make. That was NOT the platform to make a statement. If he really wants to promote unity, do something in the community. Doing an act with the game on the line is totally inappropriate. What if he pulled the glove out and the Browns got the ball at the fifty with 1:30 left? You think that's much adieu about nothing?

Maybe I am stating it poorly...if Marshall had pulled out an American flag and made some statement about "supporting the troops", I am betting there would have been no penalty...and even if there was, nobody would be condemning him, but patting him on the back, for taking the opportunity to show his support for a patriotic cause. If he had been flagged, this thread would likely have started out with a message, to the effect that the NFL was a bunch of d-bags for penalizing him for bringing attention to such a noble cause...I jsut think it is odd the things that people get offended by, and the way they pick and choose...the Whitner example is a perfect one.

i have never seen lott play live -- only on tape. i know lott was a tremendous player. lott was a great leader too. i think troy is that type of guy. his skills are top shelf -- i'm telling you, his speed, hitting, coverage and overall angle to the ball is the best i have ever seen. i suppose lott had that too. i would like for a lott fan or San fran fan to chime in....

In my opinion Lott is the best safety to ever play the game...but then again its also a fact :w00t:

Maybe I am stating it poorly...if Marshall had pulled out an American flag and made some statement about "supporting the troops", I am betting there would have been no penalty...and even if there was, nobody would be condemning him, but patting him on the back, for taking the opportunity to show his support for a patriotic cause. If he had been flagged, this thread would likely have started out with a message, to the effect that the NFL was a bunch of d-bags for penalizing him for bringing attention to such a noble cause...I jsut think it is odd the things that people get offended by, and the way they pick and choose...the Whitner example is a perfect one.

:w00t:

Not singling out you buftex, i just think this thread got slightly derailed, the only people who should have a problem if he did anything and got penalized at that point in the game would be his teammates.... they fought to get back and take the lead and to give the Browns a free 15 yards for a stupid move, as a teammate they should be furious. It's a good thing he has some level-headed teammates that kept him from doing it

Here's a question. If Marshall wanted to make this statement, why didn't he just wear the black/white glove during the entire game and then explain his reasoning afterward?

And here's an answer. Marshall cares less about his statement than he does about himself. That's why it was meant as an endzone stunt. He came really really close to letting his team down.

Here's a question. If Marshall wanted to make this statement, why didn't he just wear the black/white glove during the entire game and then explain his reasoning afterward?

And here's an answer. Marshall cares less about his statement than he does about himself. That's why it was meant as an endzone stunt. He came really really close to letting his team down.

That is the best defense I have heard yet...thanks! :w00t:

I don't know that I agree with the rest...