Brandon Marshall "near incident"

I know that nothing should be shocking at this point, but I have to say that what happened at the end of the Broncos/Browns game is pretty much unfathomable to me.

The Broncos battle back to take a lead with 1:30 left, and Brandon Marshall is honestly so selfish that he wanted to perform an end zone stunt after his score, knowing full well his team would be penalized? He's so stupid that his teammates were forced to intervene to stop it? I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

I'm not some curmudgeon that preaches sportsmanship and honor; in fact, I enjoy the wacky celebrations. But attempting to pull a stunt and jeopardzing the outcome after your team fought to take the late lead pushes the envelope.

I know we have a lot to be frustrated about with our Bills, but I'm pretty sure no one on our team would do this. I am thankful for that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that nothing should be shocking at this point, but I have to say that what happened at the end of the Broncos/Browns game is pretty much unfathomable to me.

The Broncos battle back to take a lead with 1:30 left, and Brandon Marshall is honestly so selfish that he wanted to perform an end zone stunt after his score, knowing full well his team would be penalized? He's so stupid that his teammates were forced to intervene to stop it? I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

I'm not some curmudgeon that preaches sportsmanship and honor; in fact, I enjoy the wacky celebrations. But attempting to pull a stunt and jeopardzing the outcome after your team fought to take the late lead pushes the envelope.

I know we have a lot to be frustrated about with our Bills, but I'm pretty sure no one on our team would do this. I am thankful for that.

Add Brandon Marshall to the list of extremely talented, yet stupid/selfish wide receivers. Moss, Owens, Johnson, Marshall, Steve Smith. Of course, the media is fascinated with those guys, while equally talented receivers such as Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne, Lee Evans, Santana Moss, and Donald Driver get no love from said media. And why is that? Because they don't do idiotic endzone dances.

Here's my question. When a QB throws a perfect pass to a WR in the end zone, why is it the WR that gets to celebrate and act like he just made the most amazing play of all time, while the QB is relegated to a classy fist pump then a celebration with his teammates on the sidelines? In the words of Marv, "Act like you've been there before." If a WR catches a TD, politely tosses the ball to the referee and quietly returns to the sidelines, that shows a lot more about him as a player.

I guess he said in the post game that it was a glove that was half white, half black that he was going to pull out and attempt to raise his fist much like the Olympians in Seoule back in the 60's in honor of Obama's win.

Seriously.

Yup. In fact, he damn near broke down while talking about it.

Wouldn't have been the brightest move, assuming it would have drawn the requisite penalty ... but it might make some people rethink the "selfish" tag.

Add me to the disbelief congregation. When your teammates have to stop you from hurting the team in a crucial point of the game you should be fined on principle - for even pondering something that stupid.

That looked like more of a shove than the "offensive PI" vs Miami last week that negated a 60yd TD.

Yes it did.

I guess he said in the post game that it was a glove that was half white, half black that he was going to pull out and attempt to raise his fist much like the Olympians in Seoule back in the 60's in honor of Obama's win.

Seriously.

Wow.

As a huge Obama supporter, do you think Barack would ever care about that? Isn't the whole message to be not put yourself ahead of others? Marshall is an idiot and he is one of the softest receivers in the league. Did you see attempt to block??? That said, he is a beast when he gets the ball.

O_o

Something about multi-million dollar athletes trying to make a "We shall overcome" statement because a black president achieved the highest office in this country...um...huh?

I'm not an Obama supporter and didn't vote for the guy, but I don't think he wants things like this done in his name, honestly.

Something about multi-million dollar athletes trying to make a "We shall overcome" statement because a black president achieved the highest office in this country...um...huh?

I'm not an Obama supporter and didn't vote for the guy, but I don't think he wants things like this done in his name, honestly.

Once again.. the dude is not black, he is bi-racial.

Not to bust your balls but it was Mexico City 1968, Seoul was in 1988.

Seriously.

Once again.. the dude is not black, he is bi-racial.

According to Marshall - the glove was half black, and half white, and was meant to signify unity. Not exactly a bad message, but maybe not the right forum.

Add Brandon Marshall to the list of extremely talented, yet stupid/selfish wide receivers. Moss, Owens, Johnson, Marshall, Steve Smith. Of course, the media is fascinated with those guys, while equally talented receivers such as Torry Holt, Reggie Wayne, Lee Evans, Santana Moss, and Donald Driver get no love from said media. And why is that? Because they don't do idiotic endzone dances.

If the TV crews would stop showing the idiotic Chad Johnson-like celebrations, we wouldn't have unsportsmanlike penalties and we wouldn't have idiots like Marshall doing stuff like this.

Here's my question. When a QB throws a perfect pass to a WR in the end zone, why is it the WR that gets to celebrate and act like he just made the most amazing play of all time, while the QB is relegated to a classy fist pump then a celebration with his teammates on the sidelines? In the words of Marv, "Act like you've been there before." If a WR catches a TD, politely tosses the ball to the referee and quietly returns to the sidelines, that shows a lot more about him as a player.

Again, in this age of ESPN and "it's all about me" coverage, the camera is on the WR when he scores, so he gets all of the attention.