California

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the adults have to be in a loving relationship for it to be called marriage? That doesn't seem to me to meet the criteria known as this. Why can't the marriage be 100% for the recipt of government benefits, or simply a whim?

How does one prove a loving relationship to a church or government?

Rational thought from, crayonz?

I didn't vote for Obama, who for the record, is on your side with this issue.

And yes, the sooner you people would die, the better.

(In jest)

(kind of)

Well....I feel much better as I did vote for Obama and he agrees with me on this issue.

I am not dieing anytime soon.....if they dont put specific language into it that it will not be taught in school the next tiem around I will put my little ole vote to work again

John do we really need to bring up the loophole thing again.

Do you live in California?

THEY DON'T NEED PROP 8 TO TEACH GAY MARRIAGE NOW YOU NINNY!

No teacher even needs a loophole that currently doesn't even exist. The worst thing that happens to a teacher who mentions gay marriage in your kids school is that a few parents complain. And a few parents laud him. And your kids don't give a sh--. And life goes on.

But because you voted yes on Prop 8, lots of gays still are discriminated against for no good reason.

What does men having sex with men have to do with rationality? I don't arrive at my desire to sleep with women by some reasoned process.

Somehow, the literalist Bible folk live by the Bible when it's convenient and ignore it when it's not.

I agree with that statement. I never said I interpreted the Bible literally. I have a problem with the way your trying to prove someone a bigot when you are one yourself. The sad part is, you probably don't even know your a bigot. But you are.

If you have to build your case by putting someone else down, your case isn't very strong in the first place.

Dude....please dont bring religion into this nobody else is.

westside is. As did (maybe the big man). Ignore this part if you want, but you know that the reason this went down isn't because nonreligious people opposed it--it's because religious people were enraged by it.

THEY DON'T NEED PROP 8 TO TEACH GAY MARRIAGE NOW YOU NINNY!

No teacher even needs a loophole that currently doesn't even exist. The worst thing that happens to a teacher who mentions gay marriage in your kids school is that a few parents complain. And a few parents laud him. And your kids don't give a sh--. And life goes on.

But because you voted yes on Prop 8, lots of gays still are discriminated against for no good reason.

Along with people who are single and have no sexual partner at all. They might want to marry someone to receive benefits or not to be left out or seen as lesser by others. Right?

[/b]

I agree with that statement. I never said I interpreted the Bible literally. I have a problem with the way your trying to prove someone a bigot when you are one yourself. The sad part is, you probably don't even know your a bigot. But you are.

If you have to build your case by putting someone else down, your case isn't very strong in the first place.

I hate stupid closeminded people. Unfortunately, that's a choice.

When they make that particular brand of hate illegal, I'll be serving a life sentence.

Along with people who are single and have no sexual partner at all. They might want to marry someone to receive benefits or not to be left out or seen as lesser by others. Right?

I have ignored you. Post under your real name if you want to be taken seriously.

This argument is as reta...dumb as a hamster post. Straight people don't seem to abuse marriage this way. Why would gays somehow be more prone to do it?

You're probably smarter as crayonz.

I'm not going to get sucked into this debate again, but at least be clear on this - there are no good reasons that you agree with. Big difference.

I didn't vote for Obama, who for the record, is on your side with this issue.

And yes, the sooner you people would die, the better.

(In jest)

(kind of)

Nothing beats a dead lawyer joke. For a lawyer you're not to bright. <in jest, kind of>

The overall issue is obviously passed you tonight. Come back in ten years and argue you your case with your ACLU buddies. Right now Parents would like to have some influence on issues regarding gay/ lesbian/ idiot lawyers on their own.

JA, There IS a loophole that some have been using. It is in another law or regulation. This closes that loophole. Again, do you live in California????

I forgot , were you one of those who live in the east, but know for a fact that we don't have a humongous illegal alien problem?

I have ignored you. Post under your real name if you want to be taken seriously.

This argument is as reta...dumb as a hamster post. Straight people don't seem to abuse marriage this way. Why would gays somehow be more prone to do it?

You're probably smarter as crayonz.

Please link where I said gay people would abuse it because I didn't and do not think they would.

The law is about 15 words long. It never mentions schools. The school thing is a giant smokescreen set up by the bill's opponents so people could jump on and be against the bill.

oh agreed, but that is why you have to write the thing with so much specificity because there will always be someone to push the envelope and some judge who will say that it doesn't violate anything.

Why do the adults have to be in a loving relationship for it to be called marriage? That doesn't seem to me to meet the criteria known as this. Why can't the marriage be 100% for the receipt of government benefits, or simply a whim?

How does one prove a loving relationship to a church or government?

Answer: No amount of logic or reason will permit an answer, so this post will be ignored.

Or better yet why use the term marriage to convey government benefits for a domestic partnership and seriously why is necessary for the government to legitimize that partnership that you and your partner, whatever you call it. Of course I complied for the benefits, but not because I cared about the license. I was married the day I asked and my wife accepted under my belief in my God. The license and wedding were only a celebration of that fact and now I could claim those benefits under law. So what....

The brow beating over this issue is juvenile. This issue has been decided by the voters in 30 states. In all 30 states, the outcome has been the same. Clearly, this is a personal issue that has broad support from every region of the country.

That doesn't mean that the outcome is good(not saying it is or it isn't here)......just that a majority of the population views things in a similar manner. There has been many issues in history(again, not saying that this is one of them) that if given over to the general population to determine rather than those elected to govern, the 'wrong' decision would have been made.