California

Do you wear a scarf, gloves and wool hat on a sunny day in August just on the chance that it might snow, because that's the argument you people are making here. And snow in southern California in August has the same chance of happening as "the gays" springing some agenda on kindergartners because homosexuals have the right to call their union a "marriage."

You are with out a doubt, the biggest retard on the planet tonight. The man who stood next to me at my wedding almost 20 years ago is gay, and I love him. He is one of my oldest and dearest friends you !@#$ing moron. Here I share it it with a zelot left wing radical idiot who thinks he knows whats best for my children while he has no idea what he's talking about with regard to being a parent. Come back in a few years, coli, when you know what the !@#$ you're talking about.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the discussion is about. What should I assume from you asking me if I'm going to have kids and telling me things will be different when I do, in a thread discussing gay marriage and whether kids should hear about it?

There's your problem. You have more, but we'll just concentrate on that one.

You are with out a doubt, the biggest retard on the planet tonight. The man who stood next to me at my wedding almost 20 years ago is gay, and I love him. He is one of my oldest and dearest friends you !@#$ing moron. Here I share it it with a zelot left wing radical idiot who thinks he knows whats best for my children while he has no idea what he's talking about with regard to being a parent. Come back in a few years, coli, when you know what the !@#$ you're talking about.

What was the point of asking me (and already knowing) whether I had kids? Why ask it? Does my not having children yet make any of my points less relevant? And I'm not insulting you, how you raised your kids, nor have I asked a single personal question of you.

Now you are missing the point yet again. The discussion is not about shielding kids, its about a parent's right to explain things to their children when they choose without government interference.

He has no children. He has no I-!@#$ing-dea what the !@#$ he's talking about.

The brow beating over this issue is juvenile. This issue has been decided by the voters in 30 states. In all 30 states, the outcome has been the same. Clearly, this is a personal issue that has broad support from every region of the country.

What was the point of asking me (and already knowing) whether I had kids? Why ask it? Does my not having children yet make any of my points less relevant? And I'm not insulting you, how you raised your kids, nor have I asked a single personal question of you.

After further review. I'm sorry I got involved in this thread. Its obvious that having a discussion about what kids learn in public schools with someone who has no children is like talking economic strategies with Peggy.

Congrats on your candidate on winning the election.

The brow beating over this issue is juvenile. This issue has been decided by the voters in 30 states. In all 30 states, the outcome has been the same. Clearly, this is a personal issue that has broad support from every region of the country.

I think the legal issues that will be debated over this example will go on for a long time. This is not the same as other states that imposed a ban in a state that already didn't have gay marriage. In this case you have an entire group of citizens that currently have a specific right, that are about to have it taken away by the whim of the people. I happen to think it's a very provocative legal discussion.

After further review. I'm sorry I got involved in this thread. Its obvious that having a discussion about what kids learn in public schools with someone who has no children is like talking economic strategies with Peggy.

Congrats on your candidate on winning the election.

Do you have any other specific rules as to who can discuss policy, or is it just limited to excluding people who don't have children from discussing public school issues?

So, you were willing to cast a vote for a ban that would invalidate the marriage of thousands of couples, tying it up in the courts for years, destroying families and costing millions of dollars in the process (and ultimately failing because you can't deny something to someone that they have already been granted) all because you were worried or squeamish about the improbable chance that some time in the next 12 months or so, however unlikely, that your child might come home from school with "My two Dads" or ask you why her friend has two moms? How long do you think you'll be able to shield you kid from "the gays"?

Wow I did all that with my little ole vote? And here I was just thinking about MY kids.

And cement head like I said from the beginning....I am not trying to deny anyone anything, I dont care what gay couples due, if they have the same rights as a marriage between a man or a woman then fine....no problem....you hear that NO PROBLEM....let me say it again N.O. P.R.O.B.L.E.M.

I just dont want gay marriage being brought up to my kids in school before I have a chance to talk to them about it becuase ITS MY JOB NOT THE SCHOOLS.

(Now you will probably ignore what I said again and come back at me with some kind of ignorant retort that totally ignores what I just said)

And its not shielding....its parenting. DO YOU HAVE KIDS

So you DONT have kids...and yes....it makes what you say less relevent

I think the problem, legally, will be in the wording of the actual amendment, to whit "Provides that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California." That right there would invalidate the current marriages,

How on earth are they going to possibly enforce that? My marriage certificate has no mention of either party's sex.

Do you have any other specific rules as to who can discuss policy, or is it just limited to excluding people who don't have children from discussing public school issues?

No. I'm sorry. Continue with you idiocy with regard to being a parent. I'm done, you've proved your point. Myself, John, LA and now even bill_fan have no idea what best for our children, thanks for the lesson.

You're actually stating that I have no idea what I'm talking about because I don't have kids, and you're calling me a retard?

Coli, though I wouldn't call you names. Actually retard pisses me off, too many family members with neuro disorders including my son. That being said, I have to agree that what is taught in schools at times should be left to the Parents whether they do anything with that power or not.

I have seen and had too many teachers on both sides of the aisle that insist on being the authority on something instead of encouraging students to seek their own understanding. Kids will learn on their own with or without their parents consent and because of the personal nature of the institution of marriage, I believe it should be left up to a child's family, just as I believe that Religion except as historical notes or as a comparative elective should not be taught in K-12.

I have enough explaining to do with my boys than to have to fight some teacher over their opinion on this issue one way or another.

No kids = you dont know what the @uck you are talking about. Walk a mile in our shoes first.

This is true but..

What is there now to prevent an elementary school teacher from teaching kids that "For four months, back in 2008, it was legal for same-sex couples to get married...until your daddy took away their rights!"

This is true but..

What is there now to prevent an elementary school teacher from teaching kids that "For four months, back in 2008, it was legal for same-sex couples to get married...until your daddy took away their rights!"

I didn't realize I had so much power.....this same issue has been voted down over the entire country so I am not alone.

By the way....when my kid told me that I would demand that teacher be suspended.

Coli, though I wouldn't call you names. Actually retard pisses me off, too many family members with neuro disorders including my son. That being said, I have to agree that what is taught in schools at times should be left to the Parents whether they do anything with that power or not.

I have seen and had too many teachers on both sides of the aisle that insist on being the authority on something instead of encouraging students to seek their own understanding. Kids will learn on their own with or without their parents consent and because of the personal nature of the institution of marriage, I believe it should be left up to a child's family, just as I believe that Religion except as historical notes or as a comparative elective should not be taught in K-12.

I have enough explaining to do with my boys than to have to fight some teacher over their opinion on this issue one way or another.

OK. I'll work on not using that term anymore. I cant promise anything, but I'll try. Its so difficult with some of the resident...well.. you know.. well maybe you dont know, being one of them sometimes.

I kid, I'll try :unsure: