Next year's first round pick - it's obvious to me.

Not to denigrate your opinion at all, but I'm not sure where that information is coming from. Tyson Jackson is NOT a 3-4 hybrid player. In fact, he splits his reps at LSU between DE and DT, since he weighs close to 290 lbs.

The best Buffalo could hope for is for Brian Orakpo from Texas to be on the board. He is a lighter, quicker 4-3 DE that gets sacks and is not a liability against the run. He also tends to excel against the toughest competition, as he's had great games against first-rate tackles like Phil Loadholdt and Russell Okung of Oklahoma, Michael Oher of Ole Miss, and Ciron Black of LSU.

Sorry for not clarifying what I meant. I didn't mean a 3-4 hybrid. Like a tweener olb type guy. I mean a guy who's either a 3-4 dend of maybe a 4-3 complimentary end/under tackle, because of his size. Orakpo would be a great fit. He has a perfect blend of power/speed to be a good one. I didnt mention him cause I figure he'll be gone as will george selvie, and michael johnson by the time we draft

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what sucks HIGH MOTOR, all the good one's will be gone top 15, and we'll probably be around 20 or so. What's a brother gonna do???? :unsure:

Hope some dend with obvious talent slips under the radar, due to being underweight at the time of the draft. Ala Justin Tuck in 05. Take another chance on a college pass rusher who slips to a later rd. As bad as we need a pass rusher. I also wouldn't be against pulling what the jags did this past draft, in trading up for derrick harvey. Trade up to early rd 1, if selvie or johnson start slipping. In the meantime, hope the bleeding that is kelsay/denney can be contained somewhat. :blink:

Hope some dend with obvious talent slips under the radar, due to being underweight at the time of the draft. Ala Justin Tuck in 05. Take another chance on a college pass rusher who slips to a later rd. As bad as we need a pass rusher. I also wouldn't be against pulling what the jags did this past draft, in trading up for derrick harvey. Trade up to early rd 1, if selvie or johnson start slipping. In the meantime, hope the bleeding that is kelsay/denney can be contained somewhat. :oops:

Keep an eye out for this kid if he gets lost in the post-season wash.

http://www.bengals.com/team/player.asp?player_id=111

I wouldn't mind getting that tight end from Wisconsin. That kid can play!

Travis Beckum broke his fibula last month. Great hands, more of a hybrid H-Back.

Pettigrew and Gresham are the best TE candidates 5 months out. At this point, I'd like to see what Fine can do. He has better size than Schouman, better hands than Royal, and not going TE early opens up more space for DL and OL.

Sorry for not clarifying what I meant. I didn't mean a 3-4 hybrid. Like a tweener olb type guy. I mean a guy who's either a 3-4 dend of maybe a 4-3 complimentary end/under tackle, because of his size. Orakpo would be a great fit. He has a perfect blend of power/speed to be a good one. I didnt mention him cause I figure he'll be gone as will george selvie, and michael johnson by the time we draft

ah, I see. In that case, I completely agree. Also, good analysis on Selvie and Johnson; great, great pass rushers.

Yes this team has several key needs - LB, DT, Center, Guard, TE.

But there is one position in particular that I'm now 100% convinced needs to, and will be, the top priority in the draft: defensive end. Our non-Schobel DEs have THREE TACKLES this season? Not to mention their failure to generate any consistent rush. And while you can find quality interior offensive linemen later on in the draft, you usually can't find a stud DE after the first half of the second round. And, something tells me that they'll be content enough with Williams, Stroud and Johnson not to target DT with their first pick.

I'm willing to bet that we go DE number one next year.

YEP -- 100% agree -- a strong pass-rushing DE is top need right now

But there is one position in particular that I'm now 100% convinced needs to, and will be, the top priority in the draft: defensive end. Our non-Schobel DEs have THREE TACKLES this season? Not to mention their failure to generate any consistent rush. And while you can find quality interior offensive linemen later on in the draft, you usually can't find a stud DE after the first half of the second round. And, something tells me that they'll be content enough with Williams, Stroud and Johnson not to target DT with their first pick.

The OL needs to be upgraded. No pass blocking, no blitz pickup, no run blocking. Trade Fewell.

Aren't you stating the obvious??? We have the worst passrush in football.--Lets go for someone in free agency while we are at it...problem is-- our FA track record with the tub of lards on our O line ain't too good. Stroud thankfully was a decent pick up.

FA...-get a guy with a few years left in the tank.....ala Stroud but at DE.

the only legit free agent de's who offer upgrades are peppers and suggs. Past that you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Some nice free agent dt's though.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/fr...n=DL&y=2009

Really? People were willing to bet the Bills would go with a DT to fill an obvious need in 2006.

They sure fooled everyone then and they might do it again! My suggestion: keep your money in an interest bearing, FDIC insured account rather than betting it on the Bills front office displaying common sense on draft day :oops:

I think it all depends on where Bills pick..if they actually make it to the playoffs this season it could put them at to high of a pick to get a 1st round DE...also ,like said earlier, It depends on what the Bills do in FA.....I like my sig, even tho I play arround with it a lot and change it up some :unsure:

They'l just draft another small defensive back that they will not resign in 4 years, I am confident. I don't get the love of small def backs that we have. Give me a big LB like Mitchell, an Off lineman to run behind or a def pass rusher. That is my 3 picks in order and a 4th being a pass catching , fast tight end.

I doubt it will be OL as we need an interior lineman and you usually don't use a #1 pick on inside lineman. So I agree also likely either DE or OLB

It's extemely early, but Alex Mack is one of the best center prospects in years, and probably is as good as Mangold was two years ago.

The success rate with centers and guards in the first round excellent. Here are some of the names drafted in the top 35 who played interior C: Mangold, Chris Spencer, Jeff Faine, and Damien Woody.

Tony Ugoh was drafted a guard, along with Ben Grubbs, Davin Joseph, Deuce Luttui, Logan Mankins, Vernon Carey, Chris Snee, Eric Steinbach, Andre Gurode, Steve Hutchinson, and Alan Faneca.

It's not a stretch to take a solid prospect if you need it. Of course that'll depend on a whole lot between now and April 25th.

Mack definatly is a OC every team would want to grab..but I think this year is a good year to take OC...I'd be happy with any of these OC in the draft:

1. Alex Mack California 6-4 316 5.10

2. Jonathan Luigs Arkansas 6-4 314 4.95

3. Eric Wood Louisville 6-4 309 5.15

4. Max Unger Oregon 6-5 300 5.25

5. Antoine Caldwell Alabama 6-3 292 5.10

We'll be picking somewhere around 14 - 20 if things continue the way they have. We have a serious creampuff schedule the rest of the way except in the division. At that level, the really good DEs are usually gone.

As usual, we will look at who's available, their percieved value, our needs, and do a balancing act.