This Republican Ass-Whupping

blzrul

And to think, George W was worried about his legacy. Well, here it is. Democrats now own the House, the Senate and the

White House. And, who knows how many gubernatorial seats.

Thanks Bush, you incompetent nitwit. I really mean that - I am grateful to you for !@#$ing things up so wholeheartedly. Of course your rich friends got richer, and many brave Americans and innocent Iraqis are dead but...the important thing is that history recognizes the pivotal role you played in sweeping your party out of power so convincingly.

I look forward to the GOP cleansing itself of wingnut losers so that Americans can once again all work together to raise this country back up to the greatness in the world that we once enjoyed.

Yes, we can.

And to think, George W was worried about his legacy. Well, here it is. Democrats now own the House, the Senate and the

White House. And, who knows how many gubernatorial seats.

Thanks Bush, you incompetent nitwit. I really mean that - I am grateful to you for !@#$ing things up so wholeheartedly. Of course your rich friends got richer, and many brave Americans and innocent Iraqis are dead but...the important thing is that history recognizes the pivotal role you played in sweeping your party out of power so convincingly.

I look forward to the GOP cleansing itself of wingnut losers so that Americans can once again all work together to raise this country back up to the greatness in the world that we once enjoyed.

Yes, we can.

This is one embarrassing post. All of the republicans that I know wish President elect Obama nothing but the best and want him to succeed. Most people don't even consider Bush or most of his cabinet republicans at all. McCain showed class in his gracious concession speech, its time the democrats do so as well. We are americans, not democrats and republicans

This is one embarrassing post. All of the republicans that I know wish President elect Obama nothing but the best and want him to succeed. Most people don't even consider Bush or most of his cabinet republicans at all. McCain showed class in his gracious concession speech, its time the democrats do so as well. We are americans, not democrats and republicans

I think we are in agreement here - that was my point. The Republican party has NOT been in charge. A lunatic fringe, calling themselves Republicans, have been. And as a result, the Republican party got its tail kicked.

I've said it many times: we ALL want the same things. We don't always agree how to get there - but if we can work together, we can do it.

Bush and his inept presidency were merely the catalyst that we needed to get back on track. And that will be his legacy. It sounds harsh but it's true. Everything happens for a reason, even George W. Bush. The Accidental President.

I think we are in agreement here - that was my point. The Republican party has NOT been in charge. A lunatic fringe, calling themselves Republicans, have been. And as a result, the Republican party got its tail kicked.

I've said it many times: we ALL want the same things. We don't always agree how to get there - but if we can work together, we can do it.

Bush and his inept presidency were merely the catalyst that we needed to get back on track. And that will be his legacy. It sounds harsh but it's true. Everything happens for a reason, even George W. Bush. The Accidental President.

Fair enough

Never before in the history of man has someone stated the obvious in more grandiose fashion.

Great Job! :censored::thumbdown::death:

What's next? Are you going to tell me The Surge worked? Cause that's just as obvious now too....just ask our new President-elect. What other staggering analysis can we hope for? I can't wait.....

I'm just playing around, but come on already...a whole thread about this????

Never before in the history of man has someone stated the obvious in more grandiose fashion.

Great Job! :censored::thumbdown::death:

What's next? Are you going to tell me The Surge worked? Cause that's just as obvious now too....just ask our new President-elect. What other staggering analysis can we hope for? I can't wait.....

I'm just playing around, but come on already...a whole thread about this????

I love the fact that Republicans hold up the Surge as some kind of grand success. Glad it only took 5 years to pull your heads out of your asses and put enough boots on the ground with enough ROE to get something done. That's some effective management there.

There has to be a reason that so many of you hold on to the tired idea that your party (Republican or Dem) doesn't suck. Though that's not nearly as bad as the continued aggrandizing of every minor success while ignoring the blatant overall failure of the entire system.

Enjoy your moment in the sun Dummycrats - but realize that it has virtually nothing to do with your own platform/leadership. You're ripe for the very same kind of ass whipping in the not too distant future, especially if the proposals already being discussed actually see the light of day.

Enjoy your moment in the sun Dummycrats - but realize that it has virtually nothing to do with your own platform/leadership. You're ripe for the very same kind of ass whipping in the not too distant future, especially if the proposals already being discussed actually see the light of day.
I think 2012 may be ripe for an Independant...Somebody mentioned Ventura/Barr in another post...We'll see how popular Obama remains in 4 years and I don't see any stellar Republican on the horizon.

I love the fact that Republicans hold up the Surge as some kind of grand success. Glad it only took 5 years to pull your heads out of your asses and put enough boots on the ground with enough ROE to get something done. That's some effective management there.

There has to be a reason that so many of you hold on to the tired idea that your party (Republican or Dem) doesn't suck. Though that's not nearly as bad as the continued aggrandizing of every minor success while ignoring the blatant overall failure of the entire system.

Nah, you aren't even close to characterizing what I think properly. Party? I don't have one, unless you count me looking out for the Army and those in it.

I only talk about the surge as a singular issue, primarily because I was in favor of it: hell I was saying it before there was a surge, partly because I actually know something about how to plan a war, and partly because I kept seeing posts here that stood against all reason and military logic. We never committed our Army fully in Viet Nam. We did in Iraq, and you see the results. Once and for all: You simply cannot half-ass a war. All that does is get more people killed, and history is filled with examples that underscore this truth. Iraq was made right, after being initially a failure, same as the Civil War, by using almost the exact same tactics.

But mostly I supported the surge because: I want to win the f'ing war??? Is that so hard to believe? I hate losing, and I really hate my country losing, in anything? That's the beginning and end of why I talk about the surge.

I threatened the idiots here that there would be significant political consequences if they didn't get on board, and especially recognize the reality of it working: and what do you know? Even Obama said: "It was worked beyond all expectation".

So that's it. I use The Surge to remind some of the less-than-able thinkers here of their inability to see reason/reality due to their endless need to attach politics to everything, and the fact that they apparently would rather have our soldiers die, or lose a war, than ever end up "being wrong".

So you sir, like I said, have me 180 out.

Nah, you aren't even close to characterizing what I think properly. Party? I don't have one, unless you count me looking out for the Army and those in it.

I only talk about the surge as a singular issue, primarily because I was in favor of it: hell I was saying it before there was a surge, partly because I actually know something about how to plan a war, and partly because I kept seeing posts here that stood against all reason and military logic. We never committed our Army fully in Viet Nam. We did in Iraq, and you see the results. Once and for all: You simply cannot half-ass a war. All that does is get more people killed, and history is filled with examples that underscore this truth. Iraq was made right, after being initially a failure, same as the Civil War, by using almost the exact same tactics.

But mostly I supported the surge because: I want to win the f'ing war??? Is that so hard to believe? I hate losing, and I really hate my country losing, in anything? That's the beginning and end of why I talk about the surge.

I threatened the idiots here that there would be significant political consequences if they didn't get on board, and especially recognize the reality of it working: and what do you know? Even Obama said: "It was worked beyond all expectation".

So that's it. I use The Surge to remind some of the less-than-able thinkers here of their inability to see reason/reality due to their endless need to attach politics to everything, and the fact that they apparently would rather have our soldiers die, or lose a war, than ever end up "being wrong".

So you sir, like I said, have me 180 out.

I didn't say "OC holds up the surge", did I?

The only thing that has been "fully committed" in Iraq is the U.S. taxpayer.

Agree completely. Dems could have put Gary Coleman up there and painted him up like a great leader this year.

I really fear for the future if some of this campaign fodder comes to fruition as well.

Funny thing AD, I was thinking about what you said many moons ago when the repubs had a huge majority, almost a mandate. You said then that they would screw it all up and I was hesitant to believe you. Well, how did that turn out? :thumbdown: The best part of this election imo was watching McCain get trounced in his heighboring state, New Mexico, after having authored the Amnesty Bill which ushered in illegls, including gang members. He didn't even do so well in his home state. Where was the love?

McCain, with his embrace of illegals, gave up his base, and Sarah couldn't win it back for him, although I do dare say that he would have been beaten that much worse without her.

I pray that Obama will do a good job leading this great country. What do I expect? Tax increase after tax increase, and a flood of illegal aliens crossing the border so I can buy them food and medical care. Ya know what....the same thing would have happened with McCain, if not worse.

Actually, I am glad McCain lost. Perhaps now the repubs will learn a lesson, however brief. The party needs to rid itself of the likes of McCain and Schmuckabee. These people are liberal, big spending, anti-drilling dems in tired repub clothing.

To those who supported Obama, my congrats go out. To those who supported McCain, worry not; you got the same product. They just look different.

Funny thing AD, I was thinking about what you said many moons ago when the repubs had a huge majority, almost a mandate. You said then that they would screw it all up and I was hesitant to believe you. Well, how did that turn out? :thumbdown: The best part of this election imo was watching McCain get trounced in his heighboring state, New Mexico, after having authored the Amnesty Bill which ushered in illegls, including gang members. He didn't even do so well in his home state. Where was the love?

McCain, with his embrace of illegals, gave up his base, and Sarah couldn't win it back for him, although I do dare say that he would have been beaten that much worse without her.

I pray that Obama will do a good job leading this great country. What do I expect? Tax increase after tax increase, and a flood of illegal aliens crossing the border so I can buy them food and medical care. Ya know what....the same thing would have happened with McCain, if not worse.

Actually, I am glad McCain lost. Perhaps now the repubs will learn a lesson, however brief. The party needs to rid itself of the likes of McCain and Schmuckabee. These people are liberal, big spending, anti-drilling dems in tired repub clothing.

To those who supported Obama, my congrats go out. To those who supported McCain, worry not; you got the same product. They just look different.

Uhm, Bill. The mass voting of hispanics for Dems because of the GOP's stand on the immigration issue sealed the vote. It's not that hard. Nothing like alienating a generation of conservative leaning voters. No matter what you think of the illegal issue, US citizens of Hispanic origin represent the fastest growing demographic in the fastest growing states. If GOP continues demonizing illegal Hispanics, it will ensure its position as the minority party.

If GOP continues demonizing illegal Hispanics, it will ensure its position as the minority party.

McCain wrote the Amnesty Bill, and you think that he had a weak showing at home because repubs "demonized" illegal Hispanics? Sorry, I disagree.

Do you think that the people in Arizona are pissed about Mexican soldiers coming into their state and shooting people? This is something that really might not bother rich whites like McCain, who because of their wealth are insulated from this stuff.

No, I contend that he alienated his base, and it cost him. Whether McCain or anyone else likes it or not, it was the people speaking out that defeated the Amnesty Bill. McCain disregarded them, and was so irate that he got vulgar about it on the Senate floor.

Obama is MUCH smarter than McCain. He denied knowing that his aunt was illegal, and all but called for her deportation after this kind old lady was mailing him 5 dollar checks from a housing project. Again, I am not at all sad that he was defeated and embarrassed. Now, he can spend a few more months in the senate and worry about this, and the compelling issue of steroids in baseball, which is also way up high on his agenda of idiocy.

Btw, do you find it ironic that you used the words "demonizing" and "illegal" in the same sentence?

Btw, do you find it ironic that you used the words "demonizing" and "illegal" in the same sentence?

Not at all, as it was intentional. The reason there's an illegal immigration problem is because no was has been willing to address the real issue that there is a huge need for low cost, low skilled labor. I think we've been over this topic before, so there's no need to rehash it again, other than to reiterate that the backlash against current Hispanics is the same as the one over the last two centuries, when the growing need was filled by the dirty, immoral, godless immigrants from Europe. Nothing's changed, except the surname of the targets and the fact that immigration laws were relaxed during previous periods of employment shortages.

I don't buy the Mexican army inside Arizona borders, because that one is brought to you courtesy of the war on drugs. There is absolutely no evidence that Mexican military is being used to help transport workers into the US, but mounds of evidence that the drug cartels have infiltrated all rungs of Mexican military & police, as well as US enforcement to run drugs.

So, if you really want to talk about the issue, bring up the reality that GOP refuses to deal with the drug trade and is perfectly willing to demonize the common workers while continue funding the albatross that is the war on drugs.

Not at all, as it was intentional. The reason there's an illegal immigration problem is because no was has been willing to address the real issue that there is a huge need for low cost, low skilled labor. I think we've been over this topic before, so there's no need to rehash it again, other than to reiterate that the backlash against current Hispanics is the same as the one over the last two centuries, when the growing need was filled by the dirty, immoral, godless immigrants from Europe. Nothing's changed, except the surname of the targets and the fact that immigration laws were relaxed during previous periods of employment shortages.

I don't buy the Mexican army inside Arizona borders, because that one is brought to you courtesy of the war on drugs. There is absolutely no evidence that Mexican military is being used to help transport workers into the US, but mounds of evidence that the drug cartels have infiltrated all rungs of Mexican military & police, as well as US enforcement to run drugs.

So, if you really want to talk about the issue, bring up the reality that GOP refuses to deal with the drug trade and is perfectly willing to demonize the common workers while continue funding the albatross that is the war on drugs.

Nicely said, GG.

Not at all, as it was intentional. The reason there's an illegal immigration problem is because no was has been willing to address the real issue that there is a huge need for low cost, low skilled labor.

>>>>Several states, including New York, California and Texas, not only allow illegal aliens to enroll in colleges funded by public taxation, but also allow them to pay in-state tuition. A bill introduced by Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) grants in-state tuition costs for illegals. It gives legal status to teenagers who have been in the United States at least five years, have graduated from high school, and who have no criminal record. What a conservative claim to fame that is!

Crime is another big, costly problem for U.S. taxpayers. According to the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), in Los Angeles 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total about 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.<<<<<

Are you happy about this stuff?

Crime is another big, costly problem for U.S. taxpayers. According to the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), in Los Angeles 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total about 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.<<<<<

Are you happy about this stuff?

Please stop with these email statistics, which have been refuted countless times. No one denies that there's crime among the illegals. What no one has been able to show is that the crime rates are higher than the general population, and it still comes nowhere near addressing the real issues.