Officially sick of Dick Jauron

I'm not on the Jauron is a moron bandwagon, but it does make me mad when he goes for it on 4th and 1 in FG range. Getting a FG gets us points. We sure could have used an extra 3 late in the game Sunday. And a team stopping you on 4th and 1 is a big momentum changer for the team doing the stopping. He did the same thing against NE in a game we were ahead in and had a chance to win 2 years ago. Unless you're down by 14 late in the 4th quarter, when your drive craps out in FG range, take the feakin' points for cryin' out loud.

You mention the Dallas game. Did anyone else feel deja vu all over again on that pick for a TD Sunday? If I had my bearing right on TV, it was in the same end of the field, on the same side, similar circumstance, with the same results. When that guy took off down the sidelines I had flashbacks to the Dallas game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you bothered watching the last few games? I'm asking in all seriousness, because frankly, it's a combination of coaching and personnel. 1-3 in the last four, two against division rivals, with one of those at home? Come now.

You can't say it's not the HC's fault. Because for the past three drafts and free agency periods when we've had options about who to get, it's been Dick Jauron leading the way. It's not out of the question to suspect this, because he had personnel control for a few seasons in Chicago. Is there anyone who thought that DJ didn't have major say on draft day when we have a DB shopping spree?

Either way, you cannot absolve DJ from this mess, whether it's just players or coaching. Something's got to give, and someone needs to take responsibility for an OL which hasn't successfully run blocked since DJ got here. We're seeing the penalty for throwing money at the OL in hopes of repairing it instead of drafting young talent. And we're seeing that devoting 7 picks in three drafts toward a secondary takes as much away from other areas of the team.

The Bills aren't cursed. They just haven't had a front office man who knows what he's doing since Butler. Not coincidentally, that's the last time we made the playoffs.

Ya I did watch the last 3 games. I didn't see Dick on the O-line getting blown up either, did you? Now you're going to blame our draft for the last 3 games?? Are you serious? Look, I realize that most casual fans get their panties all twisted when a team loses a few games and looks bad. that's cool. But the title of this thread is "Officially sick of Dick Jauron". I'm not sick of Dick Jauron, and I don't think it's his fault that our guys are getting donkey punched on both sides of the line. You say that someone needs to take responsibility for the OL, well I'm of the opinion that the OL needs to take responsibility for that. We're talking about 300+ lb ADULT vets (most anyways) who are getting beat down play after play. How is that anyone els's fault but theirs??? I didn't hear anyone complaining when we were 4-0...... and the team looked pretty damn prepared to me during that stretch..... Head Coach is an easy out, I get it, but he's not the problem with this team, just saying.....

Did Dickie J cry and scream for Ashton Youboty to come back? Because that would be something. But seriously, I haven't bothered to listen to him, because all I wanna hear is him lambasting his assistant coaches and their crappy game preparation pretty much 6 of the 8 games this season already. But he never will do such a thing, and frankly, who cares? Great players overcome mediocre game plans and playcalling with audibles. Our guys are skilled but obviously, the smarts are presently less than needed.

I'm not on the Jauron is a moron bandwagon, but it does make me mad when he goes for it on 4th and 1 in FG range. Getting a FG gets us points. We sure could have used an extra 3 late in the game Sunday. And a team stopping you on 4th and 1 is a big momentum changer for the team doing the stopping. He did the same thing against NE in a game we were ahead in and had a chance to win 2 years ago. Unless you're down by 14 late in the 4th quarter, when your drive craps out in FG range, take the feakin' points for cryin' out loud.

You mention the Dallas game. Did anyone else feel deja vu all over again on that pick for a TD Sunday? If I had my bearing right on TV, it was in the same end of the field, on the same side, similar circumstance, with the same results. When that guy took off down the sidelines I had flashbacks to the Dallas game.

while i completely agree that you take the points, it was THIS VERY BOARD that was all over Jauron for kicking the FG on the first drive against Miami instead of going for it on 4th down. i guess around here they call that "playing to not lose". where as, going for it and turning the ball over is somehow "playing to win"...

my point is, no matter what he does, when we win he is a genius, and when we lose he cant make one right decision. this is a great place to second guess someone when you already know the outcome.

Versus NY, it really irritated me that Abram Elam knew what was coming on the INT for a TD. He even said so after the game. More interesting, just 10 days ago Tony Sparano, first year HC in Miami plain out-coached DJ despite a roster which isn't that great. If you want to see how to coach without having big talent, check out guys like Sparano. Miami's 4-4 with nothing in the secondary, nothing at WR, and Chad Pennington QB'ing them.

I guess Abram watched the Dallas game last year. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it is a direct reflection of coaching when other teams know exactly what is coming a priori.

I guess Abram watched the Dallas game last year. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it is a direct reflection of coaching when other teams know exactly what is coming a priori.

You have to wonder what DJ's thinking with these gameplans. Eventually vanilla becomes predictable (after about the 1st game of the season)

It's no wonder that they skated by against those first four opponents, but eventually better HC's found those fatal flaws Buffalo has. These include, no pass rush, weak interior OL, soft zone pass coverage, etc.

Sisyphean, you and I both know this is what got DJ fired in Chicago, and as Yogi Berra once said, "it's deja vu all over again."

He hasn't won a game since the contract extension. I don't like his personality the way he speaks in interviews. I like a coach to be HONEST and not sugar coat or ignore obvious faults.

show me a coach who is honest in press conferences, and ill show you a coach so good at lying he has you fooled...

Everybody knows that Jauron was an exceedingly bad coach in Chicago. Why would he be any different here? The Bills have played the last two games at the same emotional level of the head coach. (Jauron could be the star of "Weekend at Bernie's") It's hard to picture a 90 year old man smoking crack,but when you consider the mid season 3 year contract extension.......................................................................

.......................................:devil:

I was torn to pieces here this past offseason for my brutal criticisms of Dick Jauron. Then the season came and I was truly amazed at the early successes and gave him a ton of credit for the team's 5-1 record. Losing to the Dolphins and the Jets has wiped that all away. THAT'S how bad those losses were. His only redemption for those losses is for the Bills to beat the Patriots at Foxboro. He put himself in this position with this team's total lack of enthusiasm playing against divisional rivals Dolphins and Jets. As I posted this past Monday, he needs to PROVE himself worthy of that extention this Sunday. He's begging to be fired if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

How quickly we forget our feelings. This is what the Maurader said about DJ in the middle of September:

"Cant take anyone lightly, and its great knowing we have a HC that can get the team prepared for what they are about to face. "

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...;hl=&st=250

And now here's another one:

"Jauron was not my first choice.....my first choice was Jim Fassel....LOL, i know i know.....but, Jauron has made a huge impression with me, i think hes the perfect fit here....."

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...hl=&st=1300

I'm not trying to hate on you man, because I think you bring up valid points on this board all the time. But I think this topic is stupid. I'm not sure that I'm all for DJ, I was a little concerned when we got him, but I've never ragged on the guy (other than call him Skeletor). I've also never praised him either, both of which you have apparently done, when it seems advantageous to your cause for the day.

Just because he plays nice to the media doesn't mean he doesn't lay down the law to the players. Remember when we said how vindictive the Bills were when they IR'd Crowell? It was ultimately not DJ's decision, it was our front office, but DJ still played a significant role.

Everyone seems to forget too that both Fewell and Schonert are the same mold as DJ. Fewell (say what you want about him) screams at his players (usually explicative laden) when they do something wrong. So just because DJ keeps an even keel at least publicly, that doesn't mean he tells his assistant coaches to follow the same path. He gets his message across, even if it is indirectly.

My point is to keep the banter down about the guy, AT LEAST til we have a losing record. Everyone wanted him to be coach of the year 4 weeks ago, now you're calling for his head? You all sound like Pats* fans with the bandwagon attitude. And believe me, I would assume being called a Pats* fan would be the worst honor bestowed in sports.