I always wanted my vote to matter

BillsNYC

Like they do in Ohio and Florida....

BUT...part of me is happy that I was able to walk in and vote in 10 min just now in Brooklyn, and not wait for 5 hours in a hot and humid parking lot in Virginia like they are showing on tv. Imagine?

My wife used to vote in Staten Island where they had electronic machines. She went into the old school pull handle one and had no idea what to do, ha!

BUT...part of me is happy that I was able to walk in and vote in 10 min just now in Brooklyn, and not wait for 5 hours in a hot and humid parking lot in Virginia like they are showing on tv. Imagine?

My wife used to vote in Staten Island where they had electronic machines. She went into the old school pull handle one and had no idea what to do, ha!

Same here - voting took ten minutes. (Rochester NY)

I voted in Virginia

It's not hot nor humid. It's actually a tad chilly and raining off and on. And I was out the door in about 20 minutes

So when did "voting lines" become a huge story, not to mention an insinuation that something was wrong?

Idiots on the radio this morning were reporting on the 'long lines' at polling places.....at 8 AM! I didn't realize the constitution guaranteed everyone the right to be in and out of the voting hall in five minutes.

I've seen four hour lines to buy lotto tickets, but if someone has to wait 30 minutes to vote it's national news??

My town used to have the old voting booths with the select-down levers. They switched to the optical scan 2 years ago.

I much preferred the booths. There was a real sense of 'What I'm doing and where I am is exactly how they did it 80 years ago.' It seemed special. Now, you put your ballot in a thing that really looks like a paper-shredder and you hope that's not what it is, but quietly suspect this is so.

Took me about 15 minutes to vote this morning...IN OHIO.

Only issue that I ran into was that there were no open booths in my place, so I just stood in the middle of the room w/ a clip board and filled out my ballot.

However, the lady in front of me couldn't get her ballot to scan into the machine (think a crumpled dollar in a vending machine), so they let me vote twice. :thumbsup::unsure:

(j/k)

Took me about 15 minutes to vote this morning...IN OHIO.

Only issue that I ran into was that there were no open booths in my place, so I just stood in the middle of the room w/ a clip board and filled out my ballot.

However, the lady in front of me couldn't get her ballot to scan into the machine (think a crumpled dollar in a vending machine), so they let me vote twice. :thumbsup::unsure:

(j/k)

3 minutes in line on OH. 3 minutes coloring in the rectangles on the scan ballot (I already knew and learned about about the ballot amendment issues). That three minutes would have been reduced to one, back in the old days when people knew how to accurately punch a hole in a piece of paper.

My town used to have the old voting booths with the select-down levers. They switched to the optical scan 2 years ago.

I much preferred the booths. There was a real sense of 'What I'm doing and where I am is exactly how they did it 80 years ago.' It seemed special. Now, you put your ballot in a thing that really looks like a paper-shredder and you hope that's not what it is, but quietly suspect this is so.

We still have the old machines in NY. Took my 3 year old son into the voting booth this morning, he got a kick out of pulling the lever.

So when did "voting lines" become a huge story, not to mention an insinuation that something was wrong?

Idiots on the radio this morning were reporting on the 'long lines' at polling places.....at 8 AM! I didn't realize the constitution guaranteed everyone the right to be in and out of the voting hall in five minutes.

I've seen four hour lines to buy lotto tickets, but if someone has to wait 30 minutes to vote it's national news??

amen sister :thumbsup:

FWIW, 45 minutes down here in GA, where we also have a senator race that is worth tracking between incumbent Republican Saxby Chambliss and Dem Jim Martin. I am so liberal, I voted for Chambliss :unsure:

Just voted in Mississippi... talk about a vote not counting. It took us about 10minutes. They had pretty snazzy electronic machines; you put in a card, then it walked you through the voted, then printed your ballot after it was cast. Much fancier than I would have thought.

Just voted in Mississippi... talk about a vote not counting. It took us about 10minutes. They had pretty snazzy electronic machines; you put in a card, then it walked you through the voted, then printed your ballot after it was cast. Much fancier than I would have thought.

So Mississippi finally got electricity? What's next, cable TV? :thumbsup: