Whitner named mid-season All-Pro

scribo

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...am_N.htm?csp=34

SS — Donte Whitner, Bills: No questions now about whether Buffalo reached to draft him eighth overall in 2006.

Congrats, Donte! No question, indeed.

This can't be right. I've been reading, on this very board, that Whitner sucks, he was a reach and he doesn't make any plays.

Mr. Winfield and Mr. Fletcher also made the list. Good for both of them.

Whitner, Winfield and Fletcher, all deserved. None will get the credit they deserve, though, from many on this Wall.

I like how 2 former Bills are on te list...London Fletcher and A. Winfield :devil:

Winfield, Fletcher and Pat Williams are three former Bills I didn't want to part with. I understand why they were let go but, they were and still are, great players, IMO.

Winfield, Fletcher and Pat Williams are three former Bills I didn't want to part with. I understand why they were let go but, they were and still are, great players, IMO.

I object when fans say that Fletcher always made tackles down field. It was easy to think this, because Fletcher didn't look like a classic LB. It's just ironic to me that many fans did not realize how weak the Bills were at DT for 2006. IMO, that shortcoming translated into the LB's and DB's having to make more tackles, many of which were downfield. I think the Bills yielded 140 rypg in 06, and that figure didn't change much in 07.

Before he was injured last season, Posluszny made a bunch of tackles, though very few made mention that they were downfield as well. Both Poz and LF made tackles sp far off the line because the front four could not control the LOS either year.

Fletcher is a quality player whose durability is never in question. He's not a game changer, although he made plenty of TFL's in his time as a Bill. I realize the front office wanted a total rebuild and their own guys, but IMO it was a mistake to let go an experienced MLB who could play the C2.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...am_N.htm?csp=34

SS — Donte Whitner, Bills: No questions now about whether Buffalo reached to draft him eighth overall in 2006.

Congrats, Donte! No question, indeed.

No he sux...no INT's or PD's

hes awful...

I can't wait for dumbasses to start picking this article apart.

He doesn't make any plays. The media is biased.

See above.

This can't be right. I've been reading, on this very board, that Whitner sucks, he was a reach and he doesn't make any plays.

See above above

Bullsh!t, he has no INTs and that is the only thing DBs should be graded on.

See above above above

Whitner, Winfield and Fletcher, all deserved. None will get the credit they deserve, though, from many on this Wall.

See above above above above.

And say what? No one is anti-Whitner, we want him to make plays that mean something, not get torched in the secondary without doing anything.

"But a reporter said it!!!" And if Jerry Sullivan says it does it make it any more of a reality? London Fletcher all-pro not Patrick Willis?