The Obama infomercial

I'm kind a bummed. I sat there the whole time thinking I'd get an extra set of steak knives if I ordered right now.

Damn man, I got my Mr Wonderful, Obama....... SHAM WOW..... in the mail yesterday.

Next week they'll be giving out coupons for free house's, gas, pre-paid credit cards,

and every sunday from noon to three get what ever you need at Wal-Mart with my new Obama issued get it free your pre approved card....... What's not to like about Mr. Wonderful............Woooo Whoooo America, land of everything Free and Garanteeeed Baby,,,YAAAAA!!!!!!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn man, I got my Mr Wonderful, Obama....... SHAM WOW..... in the mail yesterday.

Next week they'll be giving out coupons for free house's, gas, pre-paid credit cards,

and every sunday from noon to three get what ever you need at Wal-Mart with my new Obama issued get it free your pre approved card....... What's not to like about Mr. Wonderful............Woooo Whoooo America, land of everything Free and Garanteeeed Baby,,,YAAAAA!!!!!!

Quite frankly, my lazy ass is straight up ready for some hand outs.

NO detail on anything . Another liar . I am going to lay it out for you ? What did he lay out . He uses the I word alot .I am , i will I , I , IIIIIIII

I liked Chris Matthews after , I think he would have gotten down on his knees and gave him a blow job right on TV . I think he would have swallowed .

It was a waste of money. You don't hype something that much and deliver so little. It was 30 minutes of...hey, look at this poor guy over here...hey, look at that poor guy over there...vote for me. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What the hell did you think it was going to be? The Obama-Biden variety show? It was an INFOMERCIAL!

So, the Right Wing apologists on this board hated it or claimed it was boring, but they all watched at least some of it. That means leaners, Indys and the undecided watched it, too. I'd say that's a pretty solid win for the Obama campaign this close to Election day. He also won another news cycle and effectively got his message across. Most notably though, was he ran a 30 minute ad that was overwhelmingly positive and issue-driven. The McCain campaign ran a one minute rebuttal ad on the station I was watching, and it was yet another listless attack on Obama's character and experience. Which of those two campaign ads resonated better with the American people?

CALVIN WOODWARD is a right wing hack and has been for over 30 years. Breitbart is also a neo Nazi KKK loving fish wrap that doesn't have any clue as to what they're talking about. If you look at the real details Obama talked about, it is without question the right direction for this Country to go.

<cum guzlling bleeding heart Kool aide drinking left wing liberal wanker>

So, the Right Wing apologists on this board hated it or claimed it was boring, but they all watched at least some of it. That means leaners, Indys and the undecided watched it, too. I'd say that's a pretty solid win for the Obama campaign this close to Election day. He also won another news cycle and effectively got his message across. Most notably though, was he ran a 30 minute ad that was overwhelmingly positive and issue-driven. The McCain campaign ran a one minute rebuttal ad on the station I was watching, and it was yet another listless attack on Obama's character and experience. Which of those two campaign ads resonated better with the American people?

"The American democratic experiment will succeed until the people realize they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. Then it will collapse."

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

- Alexis de Tocqueville.

"The American democratic experiment will succeed until the people realize they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. Then it will collapse."

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

- Alexis de Tocqueville.

Ya, so? We are still here going strong

He also won another news cycle and effectively got his message across.

I missed it. Which message did he get across? The one about the tax cuts for people earning less than $250K? Or the one about the tax cuts for people earning less than $200K? Or the one about the tax cuts for people earning less than $150K? Or the one about the guaranteed generated international crisis that is going to hit in one of five ways before the end of June? Did his message explain what that's going to be? I live in a large city, so I'd like to know if we're a target. Did his message talk about what we should all do to prepare ourselves for this crisis? Is there an exit strategy, or do we simply wait for the shiiiit to hit the fan and then accept the fact that what he'll do in response to the crisis simply won't make sense to anyone at first?

That means leaners, Indys and the undecided watched it, too. I'd say that's a pretty solid win for the Obama campaign this close to Election day.

Did you know that 51 years ago this very month -- on October 13, 1957 -- CBS created a new variety show aimed squarely at promoting a product. It featured Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, to name a few, and it was so wildly popular that it ultimately took over the Sunday night spot previously held by the ridiculously popular Ed Sullivan Show. Everyone watched it. Everyone.

Know the name of the show?

The Edsel Show.

Remember the Edsel?

Exactly.

There's your guy. The 2008 Edsel.

I missed it. Which message did he get across? The one about the tax cuts for people earning less than $250K? Or the one about the tax cuts for people earning less than $200K? Or the one about the tax cuts for people earning less than $150K? Or the one about the guaranteed generated international crisis that is going to hit in one of five ways before the end of June? Did his message explain what that's going to be? I live in a large city, so I'd like to know if we're a target. Did his message talk about what we should all do to prepare ourselves for this crisis? Is there an exit strategy, or do we simply wait for the shiiiit to hit the fan and then accept the fact that what he'll do in response to the crisis simply won't make sense to anyone at first?

Did you know that 51 years ago this very month -- on October 13, 1957 -- CBS created a new variety show aimed squarely at promoting a product. It featured Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, to name a few, and it was so wildly popular that it ultimately took over the Sunday night spot previously held by the ridiculously popular Ed Sullivan Show. Everyone watched it. Everyone.

Know the name of the show?

The Edsel Show.

Remember the Edsel?

Exactly.

There's your guy. The 2008 Edsel.

Yesterday, on my way to lunch, I passed a homeless guy sitting on the sidewalk, holding a sign that read, "Vote for Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

The waiter in the restaurant was wearing an "Obama ‘08" campaign button. “Yet another Obama supporter,” I thought. “I guess I’m outnumbered!”

After I finished eating and the bill came, I decided not to tip the server. I explained to him that I was exploring Obama’s “redistribution of wealth” concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need - the homeless guy outside. The waiter angrily stormed away.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $5, and told him to thank the waiter inside for his support of Obama’s principles. The homeless guy was pleased.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he hadn’t earned, but the waiter was most definitely angry that I gave away the money he felt he had earned - even though the end recipient was more in need of the cash.

Perhaps this “redistribution of wealth” thing is easier to swallow in concept than in practical application.

If you vote for Obama, are you sure you’ll always be on the receiving end of his scheme?

I find it funny that so many of you have such a difficult time grasping the concept that the people getting tax increases are families who make over 250K and individuals who make over 200K. You guys are smart, so why is there such difficulty understanding this simple concept?

I find it funny that so many of you have such a difficult time grasping the concept that the people getting tax increases are families who make over 250K and individuals who make over 200K. You guys are smart, so why is there such difficulty understanding this simple concept?

I find it funny that you actually believe a word that comes out of Obama's mouth. He's lying to you. If he sticks by that tax "plan" he is going to skyrocket the national debt. He's going to raise taxes on the middleclass once he's elected. If not his first year, he most certainly will the final three. You need to get your head out of the clouds and come the realization Obama's completely full of s**t.

Are we having a hard time grasping it or is Obama having a hard time selling it? They came out in the beginning and said, point blank, people making under $250,000 will get a tax cut. That's not the case. Now it's people making under $200,000 will get a tax cut. Biden's comment just make the story more difficult to understand.

They screwed up the message. Which was the point of my previous comment. WHICH message did he deliver? Because they strayed from consistency and it's starting to hurt them.

Are we having a hard time grasping it or is Obama having a hard time selling it? They came out in the beginning and said, point blank, people making under $250,000 will get a tax cut. That's not the case. Now it's people making under $200,000 will get a tax cut. Biden's comment just make the story more difficult to understand.

They screwed up the message. Which was the point of my previous comment. WHICH message did he deliver? Because they strayed from consistency and it's starting to hurt them.

Yeah, Obama is clearly on the ropes.

:blink: