i want YOUR thoughts?

A friend of mine and I were arguing on Sunday about the following:

I said that there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would have traded for Roy Williams, giving up what Dallas gave up.

And...

He claims that Lee Evans is not a Top-Flight WR in the NFL. He says Evans is not worthy of a #1 spot, and that all he can do is go deep. No jukes or spin moves, no ups for jump balls...etc. My friend said Lee Evans is NO WHERE near as good as Santana Moss, Laverneus Coles or Steve Smith. He then went on to say, he would rather have Randy Moss RIGHT NOW, on the Bills roster, instead of Lee Evans.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Would you have traded a 1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th for WR Roy Williams?

And...

Is Lee Evans skilled enough to be a legit #1...is he as good as Santana Moss and Steve Smith? (Other studs, his size).

And...

Who would you rather have on the Bills, RIGHT NOW...Lee Evans or Randy Moss?

Your friend sounds delusional. Considering the personnel on the team right now, I wouldn't give up a 1st alone for Roy. And Evans is easily a top flight WR. Easily better than Coles, on par with Moss, but Steve Smith is a top 2-3 WR. Evans or Moss? You can't deny his talent when he has a QB like Culpepper or Brady throwing to him but I'll take Evans on this team.

This is very serious. You need to act quickly and have your friend get tested. He may be legally retarded.

1. Dallas overpaid for Roy.

2. Lee is a full blown #1 WR, he can do it all. He had HoF talent and ability, him and Trent will shred defenses for years to come.

3. I love Lee but Randy is the best WR in football. In his first year with Tom he caught 23 TDs. Randy is one of the best ever IMO.

I said that there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would have traded for Roy Williams, giving up what Dallas gave up.

And...

He claims that Lee Evans is not a Top-Flight WR in the NFL. He says Evans is not worthy of a #1 spot, and that all he can do is go deep. No jukes or spin moves, no ups for jump balls...etc. My friend said Lee Evans is NO WHERE near as good as Santana Moss, Laverneus Coles or Steve Smith. He then went on to say, he would rather have Randy Moss RIGHT NOW, on the Bills roster, instead of Lee Evans.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

And...

Is Lee Evans skilled enough to be a legit #1...is he as good as Santana Moss and Steve Smith? (Other studs, his size).

And...

I agree with YOU. Your friend doesnt know nuthin...You dont trade 4 picks for Roy Williams or any WR exc maybe Jerry Rice.Lee Evans is way better than he says. No way would Randy Moss be better on the Bills than Evans.At this stage of their careers they are about equal in skill.And RM is going downhill fast. Evans has 5 more good years in him.

This is very serious. You need to act quickly and have your friend get tested. He may be legally retarded.

1. Dallas overpaid for Roy.

2. Lee is a full blown #1 WR, he can do it all. He had HoF talent and ability, him and Trent will shred defenses for years to come.

3. I love Lee but Randy is the best WR in football. In his first year with Tom he caught 23 TDs. Randy is one of the best ever IMO.

Randy is on the downhill slide.YES he is one of the best ever to play....but remember he also stunk in Oakland--quit on the team.

1. Not that it matters much, but the Cowboys received the 7th rounder from Detroit, not the other way around. So they gave up a 1, 3 & 6 for Roy & 7. In my opinion, you can cancel out the Dallas 6 (low) and the Detroit 7 (high) which basically leaves you with Roy for a 1 & 3. So to answer your question, yes, I would most likely make that trade. I think Roy is a stud.

2. He's a legit #1 and he is getting better. True, he has built a reputation as a one-trick pony, but things are changing rapidly. He has also gone from a complete waste of a warm body in the blocking department to a very willing, and decently effective blocker. The more he and Trent work together, the better he will get. He's not on Stevie's level, but he could get there.

3. Randy is the far better WR right now and it's not even close. But he is a strange cat and I don't trust him. I also like the idea of a 27 y.o. Evans vs. a 31 y.o. Moss. This one is a toss-up, but I'd stick with Lee.

Is Lee Evans skilled enough to be a legit #1...

IMO this is the most important question. If he is then who cares if someone else is a bit better or worse.

LE so far this season(7 games) = 31-637-3(projects out to 71-1456-7)

LE last 2 games = 15-205-1(projects out to 120-1640-8)

LE over 6 TE games = 29-537-2(projects out to 77-1432-5)

No matter which way you look at it, LE is producing at a #1 WR level.

FWIW, his stats are extremely similar to Smiths & S.Moss

As far as Lee Evans being considered as good as Santana Moss, L. Coles or Steve Smith...

Lets be real folks...

Steve Smith is a Top 3 wideout, point blank PERIOD! So take him out of the equation

As far as S. Moss, i think he brings a lot more to the table than Lee. I find he's a playermaker. He can return punts and take them all the way to the house. He can do the same with a reverse, he does a lot with screen plays. I just like the way the skins use him, he's a TOTAL threat. Whereas lee, beats you with the same play every week and you gotta give him credit for that.

But the thing that separates Lee from these two wideouts, is their ability to consistently take a 5,10,15,20 yard pass to the house. How often have you seen lee do that?? Lee will beat you going deep, thats a given! But steve and moss can beat you deep just as well as Lee can, but they do those things that you gotta admire with slants and hitch routes and its fun to watch.

Coles is just meh...doesn't really impress me. I'd take Lee over him anyday..

And moss of lee? lol is that even a serious question...obvious randy in a heartbeat

And...

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

And...

And...

You could have saved all of us a lot of time by just saying you're friends with VABills.

Randy Moss had more talent then any WR to ever play the game, if he had the desire to match he'd have broken every receiving record.

Can't argue that at all. Size, speed, quickness, leaping ability, great hands, excellent route runner, and could have been an ALL Pro return man if used that way as well. From a physical standpoint, I don't recall anyone having as much as Moss at WR. But that 10 cent heart gets in the way far too often.

GO BILLS!!!

I think that Evans is definitley in the top five reciever category, and he is the consumate team player, which is

really important on a team like Buffalo, where they are trying to establish themselves as contenders now, and into the

future. He has adjusted nicely to Trent, and has become the go to guy, he now runs slants and crossing patterns, and

he can almost be considered a possession type reciever, maybe not quite a Coles, but not too far from that, and with speed to burn, and the best hands in the business. He (Evans) can no longer be considered a one-trick pony. He is a stud, and a future HOFmer. I would take him right now, with youth on his side, over any other receiver in the NFL.

As far as Williams goes, he would have been a nice compliment to Lee, doubt he would have wanted to come to Buffalo,

not a knock, just plain fact, gives a couple of years, and everybody will want to come to Buffalo. But Williams may not work

out for Dallas, and he may not of here, funny things have a way of happening, there are a lot of big f&%ing egos on that Dallas squad, and sooner or later, they will rear their ugly heads, ala, "that's my quarterback". He goes from that, to the

third game of the season throwing his "quarterback" under the proverbial bus. Dallas can keep him, he is a T.O. in training.

Eh, Lee can make a lot of plays that a lot of top wideouts couldn't. Wasn't there some play against the phins where trent was being hit, and underthrew, and lee instantly read it and made the clutch catch instead of just running the route like a jamoke? That's why we pay him the big bucks... if he had a better corps of receivers to work with, I'm sure he'd put up great numbers for the stat-tards out there.

And...

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

And...

And...

Tell her you can't be her friend anymore.

Id take Roy Williams on my team, however not at that cost. That will come back to bite Dallas in the butt. As for Lee he's a # 1. He would be top flight if we had a legit #2 guy. But right now we dont and yet Lee is still having a solid year. Trust me, when teams face Buffalo the #1 plan, HOW DO WE COVER LEE EVANS!

I think that Evans is definitley in the top five reciever category, and he is the consumate team player, which is

really important on a team like Buffalo, where they are trying to establish themselves as contenders now, and into the

future. He has adjusted nicely to Trent, and has become the go to guy, he now runs slants and crossing patterns, and

he can almost be considered a possession type reciever, maybe not quite a Coles, but not too far from that, and with speed to burn, and the best hands in the business. He (Evans) can no longer be considered a one-trick pony. He is a stud, and a future HOFmer. I would take him right now, with youth on his side, over any other receiver in the NFL.

As far as Williams goes, he would have been a nice compliment to Lee, doubt he would have wanted to come to Buffalo,

not a knock, just plain fact, gives a couple of years, and everybody will want to come to Buffalo. But Williams may not work

out for Dallas, and he may not of here, funny things have a way of happening, there are a lot of big f&%ing egos on that Dallas squad, and sooner or later, they will rear their ugly heads, ala, "that's my quarterback". He goes from that, to the

third game of the season throwing his "quarterback" under the proverbial bus. Dallas can keep him, he is a T.O. in training.

Would have been my EXACT thoughts on EVERYTHING!

Nice post.

I guess our argument is FINALLY SETTLED!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...l-insider_N.htm

*Kind of funny that this article comes out just days after we were talking about this.

...my friend's uncle is "Mr. NFL" on the Bob Matthews show. He is a Jets fan. A complete "Doosh."

The Dallas Cowboys really over paid for Roy Williams considering few things. Granted he played for Detroit but his stats this year. 5 games 17 catches 232 yds and one TD. That one TD came this last week for Dallas.Roy is the 55th rated receiver in fantasy points so far this year, Arnaz Battle is ahead of him and even he thinks it was a bad deal.

Another thought is that both Dallas and Philly also wanted him before this years draft but couldn't get a deal done at that time. Jones really wanted Williams for some reason and wouldn't let it go.Pretty sure Philly is happy with Desean Jackson instead of Williams.

Last point is the collage draft.since the collective bargaining agreement is ending and things will soon change and have an impact on how much money rookies will make I'm hearing more and more players will want to get into the 2009 draft class. Which would make having extra draft picks a bonus. This is what you get with an owner that plays GM.

Lee Evens is the 23 ranked WR in Yahoo fantasy board to start the season, and in actual fans points he is rated 9th at this point in time

Santana Moss- Larry Fitzgerald-Roddy White-Andre Johnson-Greg Jennings-Calvin Johnson-Steve Smith-Anquan Bolden are ahead of him. Lee Evens value will rise as Trent Edwards progresses.

Matt Ryan has suddenly turned Roddy White into a top ten receiver in fantasy leagues,that said I think its safe to say that a lot of how a well a receiver does is based on how that teams QB plays

The Buffalo Bills thought enough of Lee Evens to lock him up with a huge contract. My take is Lee Evens is one of top receiver's in the NFL and his rating will always be tied to how well the Bills QB plays.

And...

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

And...

And...

I Suppose your friend never saw that one handed shoulder catch by Evens in the SD game.