Defend these players to me

Virgil

Tell me why these players deserve to be on this team.

Royal - The man makes maybe one good play once every 5 games, but disappears for every other game. Then, he always finds a way to make that big drop, penalty, or fumble. I'm still mad at him for missing the touchdown pass against the Titans a fews years back.

McKelvin - The only saving grace he gets is because he is a rookie. However, DB is probably one of the quickest transition from college to the NFL. The coaches would rather have McGee come back early from injury than let McKelvin start again. He got absolutely abused last week against the Chargers and hasn't done a thing on Kick Returns. As of right now, he is an absolute bust.

I really want to hear someone defend these two, especially Royal

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKelvin is a rookie. C'mon.

Royal is a chump.

Agreed. Royal is establishing a nice record of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

McKelvin is rookie. Come on, that's all you need to say. Besides he wasn't the one making Ginn look like Randy Moss all day.

Tell me why these players deserve to be on this team.

Royal - The man makes maybe one good play once every 5 games, but disappears for every other game. Then, he always finds a way to make that big drop, penalty, or fumble. I'm still mad at him for missing the touchdown pass against the Titans a fews years back.

McKelvin - The only saving grace he gets is because he is a rookie. However, DB is probably one of the quickest transition from college to the NFL. The coaches would rather have McGee come back early from injury than let McKelvin start again. He got absolutely abused last week against the Chargers and hasn't done a thing on Kick Returns. As of right now, he is an absolute bust.

I really want to hear someone defend these two, especially Royal

We needed McKelvin at CB today. Gin 175 yards on 7 catches.....ughhh

Royal is our worst player, but McKelvin does really need to stop returning kicks. That's not something that you gradually get better at, its something you normally have your fastest rookie or second year player do because they're fast and it comes naturally. Clearly he is an awful KR, so put someone else back there.

As far as calling him a DB bust, I agree, that is ridiculous.

Once again, AS OF RIGHT NOW, what is he doing? He can't even hold on to the nickel spot and hasn't done a thing on Special Teams.

Let me put it to you this way. If he wasn't on the team, would we miss him at all?

Royal, we would be better without him

Once again, AS OF RIGHT NOW, what is he doing? He can't even hold on to the nickel spot and hasn't done a thing on Special Teams.

Let me put it to you this way. If he wasn't on the team, would we miss him at all?

Just sit back and think for a minute of how !@#$ed up and stupid this logic is. He's 7 games into his NFL career and because he hasn't stood out he's a bust?

I don't have to backup what I'm saying because your opinion is so stupid it doesn't really dignify a response. The whole board is laughing at you, don't you realize?

feel free to read the other threads on this board being discussed right now and you'll see all the people wanting to know why McKelvin is still returning kicks or why the team felt the urge to start a hurt McGee over McKelvin.

see, these are points. you should try them

The Bills went away from their draft plan under Levy of going with safe, intelligent, character guys....and went after athleticism. It is now biting them in the a$$ because of injuries to guys like McGee, Reed, Schobel, etc. As a whole, this group of rookies has been a non-starter. It doesn't mean they won't improve with time....but I do agree that I would have expected much more from a #11 pick with world class speed than what we have seen.

The Bills went away from their draft plan under Levy of going with safe, intelligent, character guys....and went after athleticism. It is now biting them in the a$$ because of injuries to guys like McGee, Reed, Schobel, etc. As a whole, this group of rookies has been a non-starter. It doesn't mean they won't improve with time....but I do agree that I would have expected much more from a #11 pick with world class speed than what we have seen.

I have to agree with this 100%. We have to play a gimpy corner because our staff can't trust McKelvin to cover Ted Ginn. Ted Ginn! Hardy has made ONE play in seven games, can't catch on the run and has alligator arms. Ellis, he was active for the first time all season today, right? What for? I didn't see his number called much if at all.

I'm not expecting these guys to light up the league. I am asking them to make a play here and there. Hardy's TD is basically the sum total of this draft class's contributions so far. 20 years ago, that would have been fine. Not in today's NFL.

You have to throw in Whitner in the secondary. A good FS is around the ball trying to make a play on it. Simpson hasn't been that guy, and now Whitner isn't either. I think the reason we have Scott at SS is to fix finding a ballhawk. Whitner isn't a hawk. He looked horrible on some plays. (Cue in Dean to tell me I'm wrong, but I watched the game again and he got owned on several big occasions for big gains).

I know McGee was hurt, but the FS should have been there to make some plays.

We need a real FS and we don't have one. If you want to see what they do to a game, watch Ed Reed. Now not everyone can be him, but a real FS plays the ball and makes plays on the ball. We don't have one.