Santonio Holmes charged with pot possession

SKOOBY

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I think decriminalization is the answer instead. I don't mind paying a ticket, it's the whole jail thing I'm trying to avoid.

Marijuana is already decriminalized in a lot of states like Texas, California, and Washington. These are the only 3 of I know for sure, but I know there are also a lot of others.

The real benefits to society would come from legalization. That way, law abiding citizens would no longer have to deal with criminals to get their weed. This would prevent a lot of innocents like school girls killed by a stray bullet from drug lord drive by shooting. It could be regulated and taxed the way alcohol is. When was the last time the Coors and Genny Cream Ale man got into a shootout over a dispute over turf? Take the criminals out of it and we'd all be a lot safer.

Marijuana is already decriminalized in a lot of states like Texas, California, and Washington. These are the only 3 of I know for sure, but I know there are also a lot of others.

The real benefits to society would come from legalization. That way, law abiding citizens would no longer have to deal with criminals to get their weed. This would prevent a lot of innocents like school girls killed by a stray bullet from drug lord drive by shooting. It could be regulated and taxed the way alcohol is. When was the last time the Coors and Genny Cream Ale man got into a shootout over a dispute over turf? Take the criminals out of it and we'd all be a lot safer.

What would all these criminals do now? Work at Walmart?

I've seen it do no good for anybody that has used it, and more times than not leads to dependency, severe paranoia, moodiness, loss of memory, lack of motivation, and the gateway to harder drugs. Users can argue all you want, but I really see no argument. If you want to cpmpare it to cigarettes, I agree cigarettes have no benefits, but people can smoke and still go to work as a normal human being, not a smoked outm cherry eyed retard.

Yea, gateway to the promise land. Love, joy, happiness.

Visine...miracle worker.

guys it is not going to happen here. too much money has been spent on the war on drugs for politicians to do a 180 and legalize it. if you want it to be legal move to cali. for the guy whoposted that it is legal in Texas-it is not and there are much more severe penalties for possession on southern states as well as the midwest bible belt.

alcohol is the drug that should be illegal, not herb. yes, if i was in a car with someone who drank a bunch of alcohol being behind the wheel i would feel way more unsafe than if the driver had toked up.

guys it is not going to happen here. too much money has been spent on the war on drugs for politicians to do a 180 and legalize it. if you want it to be legal move to cali. for the guy whoposted that it is legal in Texas-it is not and there are much more severe penalties for possession on southern states as well as the midwest bible belt.

alcohol is the drug that should be illegal, not herb. yes, if i was in a car with someone who drank a bunch of alcohol being behind the wheel i would feel way more unsafe than if the driver had toked up.

I agree. Too many people are making scads and scads of ca$h off of the "War on Drugs" for it to end. Plus any politician who brings it up is imediately dismissed out of hand as some kind of cherry eyed pot freak.

I didn't say weed was legal in California, Washington, and Texas. I said it was decriminalized in those states. There is a huge difference.

is it decriminalized in tx? that is hard to believe

i meant to say that if you were going to make alcohol or weed illegal and had to choose one it would be alcohol,, i am not saying it should be illegal, it should be legal as should herb

If The Ralph stopped serving beer for one game, and instead let everyone smoke up, there would be 0 arrests for fighting or improper conduct etc.

... Of course, the 12th Man wouldn't be quite as loud ... :D

Very very true! :D

As for the story, does it really matter what a pro athlete does at his house on a off day? Stuff is getting ridiculous.

Hah I knew it would only be a matter of time before I saw this thread here. How come everytime someone is against weed they make it seem they believe people who use mj use it all day every day? Are people really that gullible? Doctors, lawyers, politicians, teachers, cops firemen and many others are among my friends that use mj as well as many other professionals. Guess what none of them smoke at or before work. On the other side of the coin I also know losers who burn out their whole day but I don't consider them friends.

Reality is many people from all walks of life use mj and continue to be contributing members of society. It doesnt take much work to find the facts that prove that Alcohol and Rx drug abuse are far more detrimental and fatal than the use of mj. Heck text messaging has proven more fatal than mj use. Its really time for the propaganda of the past to be put to rest wake up folks its the 21st century. When was the last time you heard of someone pullin a few rips and beating their wife to a pulp?

I could go on and on about this subject but the weekend is here for me so its time to hang with my friends Kens grandaddy and sour dies.

Yea, gateway to the promise land. Love, joy, happiness.

Visine...miracle worker.

LOL...I should state my opinions are based on my own experiences with weed, and observing family members and friends who are regular users. Guess what? the regular users turned out to be full time losers. I agree with Dean's points that the peopel who get hooked were bound to get hooked on something, but why not get hooked on something more constructive. In addition I had a father who was an occasional (probably frequent user) and I can speak from when i was younger, I hated what it did to him. I don't judge him for what he did, but feel he is a weak person for being a grown adult and still "abusing" the drug. I'm in the camp of criminalizing cigs, but I know it will never happen. I have two grandmothers who are suffered from emphysema, and two grandfather who died of heart disease, all of them smokers. To each his own though, I kind of feel like legalizing Mary jane would have more negative effects than positive.