Santonio Holmes charged with pot possession

SKOOBY

Yes...legalize marijuana because it would save athletes from social scrutiny. Shall we also allow gay marriage to save Billie Jean King from social scrutiny? Or should we legalize murder so Ray Lewis and OJ could be saved the social scrutiny?

umm, yes we should legalize gay marriage, do you have a problem with Billie Jean King and women like her?

And yes, we should legalize marijuana...not to save athletes from scrutiny though. IMO if alcohol is legal, why shouldn't mary jane be legal? After all, alcohol tends to make people do stupid stuff. Pot just makes you lazy. You don't hear about too many high drivers, or people getting into fights because they were both high.

Legalize it!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one ever goes to jail for having a small amount of pot, it's just ties up the courts. If it was legal, it would be like cigarette's you can get on every corner and no one would have a reason to have alot if it.

Yes...legalize marijuana because it would save athletes from social scrutiny. Shall we also allow gay marriage to save Billie Jean King from social scrutiny? Or should we legalize murder so Ray Lewis and OJ could be saved the social scrutiny?

We should legalize marijuana because it makes sense to do so, socially and economically. When as many people are regularly doing something that harms no one, but is breaking the law, the law needs to change. Right now, the underground economy in marijuana is costing the taxpayers millions, and the stupid "war on drugs" is costing billions. The prohibition against pot is as futile as the one against alcohol, in the 1920's. Plus, it forces otherwise law abiding citizens to deal with criminals to purchase a product they should be able to buy from a legal source. Regulate it, for sure. Tax it, of course. But LEGALIZE IT!

As for gay marriage, it should be allowed simply because, to disallow it, is nothing but bigotry. Don't like same sex marriage? Don't marry some one that is the same sex as you. Yes, it really IS that simple.

No one ever goes to jail for having a small amount of pot, it's just ties up the courts. If it was legal, it would be like cigarette's you can get on every corner and no one would have a reason to have alot if it.

Oh, really?

We should legalize marijuana because it makes sense to do so, socially and economically. When as many people are regularly doing something that harms no one, but is breaking the law, the law needs to change. Right now, the underground economy in marijuana is costing the taxpayers millions, and the stupid "war on drugs" is costing billions. The prohibition against pot is as futile as the one against alcohol, in the 1920's. Plus, it forces otherwise law abiding citizens to deal with criminals to purchase a product they should be able to buy from a legal source. Regulate it, for sure. Tax it, of course. But LEGALIZE IT!

As for gay marriage, it should be allowed simply because, to disallow it, is nothing but bigotry. Don't like same sex marriage? Don't marry some one that is the same sex as you. Yes, it really IS that simple.

Dean, you're spot on as far as your comments about marijauna in the U.S. goes. The prohibition reference is an interesting comparison. I had never thought along those lines before, but it def. seems to make sense. As far as gay marriage goes, most of that comes down to many people in this country having a problem with same sex couples receiving the same benifits as heterosexual couples when married. Right or wrong, this is the main argument against it aside from the religious issues of course.

Which is why I think decriminalization is the answer instead. I don't mind paying a ticket, it's the whole jail thing I'm trying to avoid.

Legalization make more sense, IMO. It can be regulated and taxed. Decriminalization puts it in "no man's land". It still keeps its distribution in the shadows and doesn't take advantage of it, economically.

Legalization make more sense, IMO. It can be regulated and taxed. Decriminalization puts it in "no man's land". It still keeps its distribution in the shadows and doesn't take advantage of it, economically.

I understand and agree to an extent about taking it out of the shadows but I think it will be outrageously taxed and make it twice as expensive IMO, therefore leading to homegrowers which I'm sure will be outlawed and thus re-entering it into the shadows.

I understand and agree to an extent about taking it out of the shadows but I think it will be outrageously taxed and make it twice as expensive IMO, therefore leading to homegrowers which I'm sure will be outlawed and thus re-entering it into the shadows.

Pot is pretty cheap to grow, actually. I think the price would be cheaper, or at worst about the same, even after taxes. Quality would be more consistent. Now, I'm thinking it may not be da kine (like the stuff I used to get from the Sonoma growers...Blueberry, Train Wreck, Bubblegum and the like), but it will likely be decent quality, and you will know what you are getting. Put Americans to work, cut the deficit...Legalize it!

Pot is pretty cheap to grow, actually. I think the price would be cheaper, or at worst about the same, even after taxes. Quality would be more consistent. Now, I'm thinking it may not be da kine (like the stuff I used to get from the Sonoma growers...Blueberry, Train Wreck, Bubblegum and the like), but it will likely be decent quality, and you will know what you are getting. Put Americans to work, cut the deficit...Legalize it!

I love that you know it's "Kine" and not "Kind". You're my new hero. I got some Widow now :)

So this is what logic and common sense sound like?

let me restate my stance,

while the possession of the female cannabis plant is illegal, no one should be free from scrutiny if busted. you knowingly break the law as an adult, you deserve to be scrutinized.

the point of my post was that while the wacky tobaccy is used by millions, the feds are losing out on tax dollars for an item that is "healthier" for you than tobacco, alcohol or 99% of rx drugs.

please dont read between the lines on this post too.

I've seen it do no good for anybody that has used it, and more times than not leads to dependency, severe paranoia, moodiness, loss of memory, lack of motivation, and the gateway to harder drugs. Users can argue all you want, but I really see no argument. If you want to cpmpare it to cigarettes, I agree cigarettes have no benefits, but people can smoke and still go to work as a normal human being, not a smoked outm cherry eyed retard.

umm, yes we should legalize gay marriage, do you have a problem with Billie Jean King and women like her?

And yes, we should legalize marijuana...not to save athletes from scrutiny though. IMO if alcohol is legal, why shouldn't mary jane be legal? After all, alcohol tends to make people do stupid stuff. Pot just makes you lazy. You don't hear about too many high drivers, or people getting into fights because they were both high.

Legalize it!

Skip ahead to 3:55