BILLS - PHINS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you said. Also 24 here. I can fully understand the feelings of older bills fans who lived through the 0 for 70's, but it's time we caught up to the present. The Dolphins are a horrible team, who we've pretty much owned recently. The Jets are running on borrowed time. In a desperation move to boost revenue sales. That team is going nowhere. At least not with the Mangina coaching them The Pats are the echelon of who we will be measured up against now and in the future. Especially if Edwards continues to progress. Edwards vs Brady will be far more marketable from a league and fan perspective, then Edwards vs Pennington/Henne/John"OH NO!" Beck.

It's great anytime you beat a divisional opponent. Especially when you can start to cement your status, by climbing the rung of the AFC elite. Make the playoffs that's the goal. I won't delude myself into thinking though that the dolphins are the team we must beat. It's been sickening the way we've been the Pats stepping stool. The Bills have gone into games against the Patriots knowing they have zero chance to come out with a win. The onfield results back this up. For the first time in years, we have a legit chance to catch up to them and offer a little pay back. There's not a game in the next 4 weeks that I wan't to see the Bills win more. That I will get more joy out of. Then to see Buffalo go into Foxboro, and curb stomp the Pats.

I'll be there, just bought tickets, and I expect to see a thorough curb-stomping of the cheating, lying, tainted legacy having, good for nothing, locker room sodomizing, 18*-1 pats*.

It depends on what the definition of the word "IS" is...

Look, rivalries are about tradition and history, with a bit of demographics thrown in...It's more than rooting against the Fish, it's rooting against the whole Miami lifestyle...South Beach, art deco and stone crabs cause me just as much angst as Marino, Csonka, and Cox.

I'm sorry if my "living in the past" does not live up to your standards of fandom. You're saying that the Bills-Fish rivalry is "not the same anymore," when you have no sense of what the rivalry actually "IS."

I know you're the target audience for the NFL...it's proven in the ads I'm force-fed every Sunday. But like many who have already responded, I have to add, that to declare the Buffalo-Miami rivalry dead is pure nonsense.

Come on Ned...dont be that guy...it seems as though i was right...the majority of people saying the rivalry is not the same are the "ol timers" who miss larry czonka, bob griese and the 70's...Honostley who gives a crap about the o fer the 70's...i care about NOW the IS and the FUTURE. i would absolutely love to see the bills play the steelers and browns twice a year with a game with miami every few years...sorta like we have with jacksonville now...There is no rivalry when both teams suck for 10 years...the pat and colts have taken that over and now i am hoping that it is out time to shine for now and then next 10 years...and im sorry if it is going to be out time its not going to be with a Bill-Dolphins rivalry

I'm going to the Toronto game solely because it's against Miami. I'm ticked that I won't be there this weekend. And when the 0-for-the-70s happened, I was a little kid who still liked the Raiders.

The rivalry didn't end in 1981, or when the Bills kicked Shula's ass into retirement, or when Jimmy Johnson stomped on a box of Flutie Flakes.

And I get grouchy when someone tries to tell me what I should think.

One more thing:

BEAT MIAMI.

For us "old timers" it's not as much as a rivalry as a deep rooted hate, granted it has been an on again off again rivalry, but only when the teams are at a comparable talent level. When one team sucks and the other is doing well you really can't be rivals in the truest form. In the last thirty odd years the Bills and that other team have certianly passed the "suckatude crown" back and forth a few times, but the wounds suffered as a young lad during the 0-fer 70's have not healed .... they will not heal ..... I hate the dolphins ...... I hate their uniforms ...... I hate their coaches ........ I hate their front office ..... I hate their owner ....... I hate their mascot ...... I hate orange and aqua ..... I hate the city of Miami ..... their cheerleaders ..... well I don't hate them as much, but I still hate them a little bit

LOL Good one.

Who cares? We need to win against everyone. Frankly, the games I get fired up for are the games against the better teams. If Miami stinks (which they pretty much do this year), the game doesn't mean as much. The Bills really don't have any marquee games this year, as they play the two worst divisions in football, the NFC and AFC west. The Monday night game will be cool, but the Browns aren't much this year either... the remaining games on the schedule really don't inspire me... we just need to win ...

is it me or does the bills - dolphins rivalry not mean the same anymore??? when i was kid in the early 90's it may have been the best rivalry in the NFL. I guess the rivalry losing it's luster has to do with neither team being good for the last 9-10 years. I guess teams have to be good to make it a rivalry

The "rivalry" was at it's best when Kelly and Marino were playing against each other. Today, Miami is trying to keep from being the worst team in the AFC East and Buffalo has established itself as the front runner for the AFC East. You may have a point about teams being good to make it a rivalry. More than that, teams have to be fairly equal with each other to have a rivalry; bad equal or good equal.

Me....I want to see a 42-3 rout. I just love the sound of Fisheads whining on Monday morning.

Come on Ned...dont be that guy...it seems as though i was right...the majority of people saying the rivalry is not the same are the "ol timers" who miss larry czonka, bob griese and the 70's...Honostley who gives a crap about the o fer the 70's...i care about NOW the IS and the FUTURE. i would absolutely love to see the bills play the steelers and browns twice a year with a game with miami every few years...sorta like we have with jacksonville now...There is no rivalry when both teams suck for 10 years...the pat and colts have taken that over and now i am hoping that it is out time to shine for now and then next 10 years...and im sorry if it is going to be out time its not going to be with a Bill-Dolphins rivalry

Dude...really...your Hot Pockets are ready.

Appreciate the rivalry for what it was and what it will be again. Fins will be good again and soon. Pats are fading and Jest have no QB once Favre leaves. It will be Bills/Fins as the rivalry in the AFC again and sooner than you think.

Rivalries go on again/off again in all sports...sometimes they burn hot, sometimes they cool down. Free agency has hurt the rivalry. But it is far from dead.

I don't want to play CLE/PIT/CIN 2xs a year, I'm very happy Ralph fought to keep us in the AFCE, with our traditional AFL rivals.

As far as sucking for 10 years...remember this game...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...751C1A9649C8B63

And there is still hate on their side as well...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/greates...ame-133070.html

is it me or does the bills - dolphins rivalry not mean the same anymore??? when i was kid in the early 90's it may have been the best rivalry in the NFL. I guess the rivalry losing it's luster has to do with neither team being good for the last 9-10 years. I guess teams have to be good to make it a rivalry

I forgave Thurman his transgression. I didn't forgive Miami theirs.

I really believe that 'most hated team' is truly an individual experience for the fan. For me, growing up my whole life in the NYC Metro area, there is no team I despise more consistently then the Jets. Why? Because their fan base talks so much crap for an organization that has pretty much done nothing since the rigged Super Bowl 3....and yet they act like fans that have 5 Super Bowls. For some Bills fan not living in the NYC Metro area, I am sure it is a different experience.

I started watching the Bills in 1982...and oh believe you me, I despise all 3 of these teams in the division, but the hatred I had for New England in 1988 is nowhere near what it is today, because of their success. And I still get pumped for Miami games, but I admit if they are not good, it looses a little bit (again, just a little bit) of luster for me.

Dude...really...your Hot Pockets are ready.

Appreciate the rivalry for what it was and what it will be again. Fins will be good again and soon. Pats are fading and Jest have no QB once Favre leaves. It will be Bills/Fins as the rivalry in the AFC again and sooner than you think.

Rivalries go on again/off again in all sports...sometimes they burn hot, sometimes they cool down. Free agency has hurt the rivalry. But it is far from dead.

I don't want to play CLE/PIT/CIN 2xs a year, I'm very happy Ralph fought to keep us in the AFCE, with our traditional AFL rivals.

As far as sucking for 10 years...remember this game...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...751C1A9649C8B63

And there is still hate on their side as well...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/greates...ame-133070.html

Good post. I agree, very soon the Fins will be in 2nd place (where they belong) behind the Bills & the Pats* & Jets will be fighting for 3rd.

Browns tickets are cheaper than bills tickets

Untrue.

2008 prices:

LL sidelines: $85/75 in CLE, $70/60 at RWS

LL corners: $60 in CLE, $51 at RWS

End zones: $50 in CLE, $45 at RWS

UD (500 level in CLE, 300 level here): $75/60/50/45 in CLE, $60/51/45/35 here

Also, don't forget to include the PSL attached to almost every seat in Cleveland Browns Stadium -- $2,100 each for lower-level sideline seats like mine. The only available single-game seats, at $32 each, are in the far reaches of the corners of the upper deck.

I hate the Dolphins as much as anyone, but realignment into a DIVISION with Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Cincy would have been preferable.

I understand wanting a realignment due to geographical location, but the Bills, Patriots, Jets, and Dolphins are all from the old American Football League and have had a rivalry since the 60's. To put us with Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Cincy just isn't the same.

Settle down little miss fly-by-night fan...

:lol:

For us "old timers" it's not as much as a rivalry as a deep rooted hate, granted it has been an on again off again rivalry, but only when the teams are at a comparable talent level. When one team sucks and the other is doing well you really can't be rivals in the truest form. In the last thirty odd years the Bills and that other team have certianly passed the "suckatude crown" back and forth a few times, but the wounds suffered as a young lad during the 0-fer 70's have not healed .... they will not heal ..... I hate the dolphins ...... I hate their uniforms ...... I hate their coaches ........ I hate their front office ..... I hate their owner ....... I hate their mascot ...... I hate orange and aqua ..... I hate the city of Miami ..... their cheerleaders ..... well I don't hate them as much, but I still hate them a little bit

Amen. This is exactly how I feel. I hate everything about them. The team the city and the "fans' f*** em. Go Bills.