Any worries about Trent

BeastMode54

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I see him do it a couple of times, I will have some doubts. I believe he CAN and WILL do it. I need to see him do it, though.

Exactly. I'm not particularly worried about it, but I ain't lookin' forward to the learning curve.

That's not a diss on Trent. That applies to any new quarterback, and particularly the Bills starter.

Only time will tell. He didn't fair too well against Cleveland or the Giants last year in bad weather. Just about every facet of his game has improved dramatically since last year, so we can hope that playing in piss poor weather will improve too. If he wants to be the face of thie franchise for a long time he is going to have to play well, as winter weather has been a big factor towards the Bills home field advantage during the second halves of seasons for years.

Only time will tell. He didn't fair too well against Cleveland or the Giants last year in bad weather. Just about every facet of his game has improved dramatically since last year, so we can hope that playing in piss poor weather will improve too. If he wants to be the face of thie franchise for a long time he is going to have to play well, as winter weather has been a big factor towards the Bills home field advantage during the second halves of seasons for years.

don't forget the game against the seahawks, where he was absolutely atrocious during the first half. "but it's in a monsoon!" "but look at how pro bowl QB Hasselbeck is doing!"

don't forget the game against the seahawks, where he was absolutely atrocious during the first half. "but it's in a monsoon!" "but look at how pro bowl QB Hasselbeck is doing!"

Dude, seriously, why don't you give it up. It is pretty obvious for whatever reason you really do not like Edwards. We get it. The bills are averaging nearly 25pts per game & we finally under Edwards leadership have an offense that is not the laughing stock of the league. Keep being miserable & bitter fanboy because your man crush did not get his 10th chance to lock down the starting QB position, your missing out on a great season.

Only time will tell. He didn't fair too well against Cleveland or the Giants last year in bad weather.

Neither did the opponents QB:

Browns

TE 13-33 124

DA 9-24 137

Giants

TE 9-26 161

EM 7-15 111

And in those games the Browns and Giants ran the ball very well. J Lewis had 163 yards and for the Giants, A Bradshaw had 151 yards rushing. I would be more concerned with getting the running game going for the bad weather games than TE's passing ability. GO BILLS!!!!

Dude, seriously, why don't you give it up. It is pretty obvious for whatever reason you really do not like Edwards. We get it. The bills are averaging nearly 25pts per game & we finally under Edwards leadership have an offense that is not the laughing stock of the league. Keep being miserable & bitter fanboy because your man crush did not get his 10th chance to lock down the starting QB position, your missing out on a great season.

I don't know bizell's motives (I need to keep a list of posters and their causes, I guess), but he does make a point. It isn't JUST the Cleveland game that concerns some of us, it is also the game against the Giants and the 1st half of the Seattle game.

Now, I think it is fairly easy to explain the performances in those games, without branding Trent as a guy who can't play in inclement weather. Still, it will be nice to actually see him play well in bad weather, so we can finally put this to rest.

The one game that bodes well for Trent, as has been mentioned, is the Miami game, last year. For some reason I have no vivid memory of the weather, that day (I drink, ya know :rolleyes: ), but it obviously wasn't a prefect day.

The highlights at NFL.com, show a mostly decent day, with what looks to be a little bit of weather late in the game. It doesn't look as if the conditions were wet, windy or even very snowy, though:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804f839e

But, in that game, Trent did well while the weather was fine, so maybe his confidence was there when the weather turned (to whatever that may have been). I'm one of those who think he is a different QB this year, than he was last year (more experienced, more confident and not worried about losing his starting job). So, again, I expect him to succeed, even in the weather...but, I can't say I have seen it yet. And I am not simply talking about the Cleveland game.

I don't know bizell's motives (I need to keep a list of posters and their causes, I guess), but he does make a point. It isn't JUST the Cleveland game that concerns some of us, it is also the game against the Giants and the 1st half of the Seattle game.

Now, I think it is fairly easy to explain the performances in those games, without branding Trent as a guy who can't play in inclement weather. Still, it will be nice to actually see him play well in bad weather, so we can finally put this to rest.

The one game that bodes well for Trent, as has been mentioned, is the Miami game, last year. For some reason I have no vivid memory of the weather, that day (I drink, ya know :rolleyes: ), but it obviously wasn't a prefect day.

The highlights at NFL.com, show a mostly decent day, with what looks to be a little bit of weather late in the game. It doesn't look as if the conditions were wet, windy or even very snowy, though:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804f839e

But, in that game, Trent did well while the weather was fine, so maybe his confidence was there when the weather turned (to whatever that may have been). I'm one of those who think he is a different QB this year, than he was last year (more experienced, more confident and not worried about losing his starting job). So, again, I expect him to succeed, even in the weather...but, I can't say I have seen it yet. And I am not simply talking about the Cleveland game.

The Miami game it was pretty much snowing the whole game(not a blizzard) but a wet snow. I really do not think there was much wind.

If your waiting for Edwards to show he could lead a productive passing game in weather similar to the Cleveland game or the Giants game, your going to be waiting along time. No qb on this planet could thrive in the passing game under those conditions. They were that bad.

people on the board last year complained about how he couldn't handle adverse weather. Do people fel differently now?

Observation

He played poorly in his rookie season in the cold.

Analysis

He had Steve Fairchild calling plays

He played in a Blizzard where the Browns only scored 8 points to their average 20 something.

The Miami game it was pretty much snowing the whole game(not a blizzard) but a wet snow. I really do not think there was much wind.

If your waiting for Edwards to show he could lead a productive passing game in weather similar to the Cleveland game or the Giants game, your going to be waiting along time. No qb on this planet could thrive in the passing game under those conditions. They were that bad.

As I said, I just watched the highlights from the Miami game, and it was not snowing, or raining, in most of them. There was no snow on the ground, the field, nor the ball, looked wet, no people had umbrellas, Jauron looked dry as a bone, in the sidelines. I'm not doubting that there may have been a little insignificant flurry of dry snow, but it doesn't look as if weather was a factor in that game...at least for most of it.

I don't expect any QB to play great in the kind if weather that the Bills saw agains Cleveland and the Giants. I do expect the QB to look more composed and confident, and make some plays. I certainly expect a QB to play well in weather like we saw this season, against Seattle, in the first half.

Don't get me wrong, there are possible legit reasons that Trent had issues in the games, so far, with weather issues. There have only been a few, two were REALLY bad, and one was the first game of the year and Trent hadn't played in the preseason...so that is somewhat understandable.

But, let's be clear about one thing. While Cleveland may have been among the worst weather conditions ever, the Bills are likely to play in some really, really bad weather. IMO, that should be to the Bills' advantage. Snow? Bring it on! Wind? Our guys can handle it! QBs tend to struggle throwing in bad weather. The key is for the Bills' QB to be better than the opposition's QB. Coaching, the receivers (WR, TE and RB), the O Line and the QB all play a part in making sure that is the case. I truly believe Trent can come through in those conditions. But, let's not pretend that he has already shown that he can. He hasn't.

I don't expect any QB to play great in the kind if weather that the Bills saw agains Cleveland and the Giants. I do expect the QB to look more composed and confident, and make some plays. I certainly expect a QB to play well in weather like we saw this season, against Seattle, in the first half.

Meh, i would chalk that up to nerves more than weather. First game of the season, coming in as the true starter, sold out and loud Ralph, sat out most of the pre-season, still had a lot of doubters (most at TBD). I think he was pressing too much. I would hardly ccount that first half as bad weather related. I do agree with your points, but that's a bit of a stretch...

Meh, i would chalk that up to nerves more than weather. First game of the season, coming in as the true starter, sold out and loud Ralph, sat out most of the pre-season, still had a lot of doubters (most at TBD). I think he was pressing too much. I would hardly ccount that first half as bad weather related. I do agree with your points, but that's a bit of a stretch...

I agree. As I said, there are some legit reasons, other than the inability to play in bad weather, for the rough first half. I suspect you are right. After Trent plays a few good games in some slop and wind, I will KNOW you are right.