Hines Ward kills Keith Rivers

My God. Hines Ward is as tough and physical as they come. A WR blows up a LB.

PFT reports that there will be no fine and that Rivers suffered a broken jaw, ending his season. As if to add insult to injury, someone posted in the comments section on PFT's article that, "Rivers should be fined for not paying attention." B-)

Here's the link to PFT's article:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/21/...for-rivers-hit/

And here's the link to the eye popping :ph34r: video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxc9OxIJyc

PS. If this is a re-post, too bad, I'm not sorry cuz this is a killer hit, and is worth re-posting!

Hell of a block, but as the above said, Ward appeared to lead with the crown of his helmet. My guess if that was a defender on a WR instead of vice versa, or if that hit was on a QB, there'd be a fine and a suspension.

Hell of a block, but as the above said, Ward appeared to lead with the crown of his helmet. My guess if that was a defender on a WR instead of vice versa, or if that hit was on a QB, there'd be a fine and a suspension.

oh, no doubt. did you see the uproar on TBD because adrian wilson didn't "cradle edwards" as he was coming down?

Yeah, it did look like he lead with his helmet, not to mention it appeared to go right under Rivers' chin. So the broken jaw probably isn't a coincidence. :ph34r:

I wouldn't mind another angle of the hit. And the way fines have been going out I'm actually surprised Hines didn't get one. But then again we're talking about a 6'0" 205lbs WR hitting a 6'3" 240lbs LB.

In the same game, Polamalu whacked Cedric Benson with his helmet, but got the worst of it. PGH has put him on their PUP list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTSuzFs57ds

oh, no doubt. did you see the uproar on TBD because adrian wilson didn't "cradle edwards" as he was coming down?

And while a fellow Bill got hurt, that was a bogus fine as well! Goddell has taken it too far and has taken some of the football out of it! We all love to see someome get JACKED UP but we hope they get up afterwards; if they don't then as long it wasn't a cheap hit below the waste or late but rather a straight up play then that's the price of playing in the NFL.

Ward has already been fined for hits that were not penalized in games this year. He has spoken out against it.

If this were "finable", he would have been hit with it. dont give him any of that "if he were a different position" BS.

Makes me wonder whether players on average are really stronger (advanced training, supplements, technique, speed of the game) or really weaker (so specialized, less emphasis on toughness, less dedicated).

It seems like players up until 10 years ago could take that sort of licking and keep on ticking week in and week out.