Unarmed Iraqi Soldiers Ambushed, Executed

blzrul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I thought the left's position was that the "insurgency" was Iraqis fighting to get Americans out of Iraq.

You mean its not?      The more this happens, the more Iraqis will continue to fight for their country.

83655[/snapback]

It would be nice to drop the term "insurgent" and call a spade a spade. It would help to clear up a lot of things just to call them terrorists.

It would be nice to drop the term "insurgent" and call a spade a spade. It would help to clear up a lot of things just to call them terrorists.

83673[/snapback]

No can do. Our wonderful media hates the word "terrorist" as it seems to imply that one side in this "War on Terror" (another term they hate) is actually wrong. Oh my goodness!

Of course, when you're beheading people and posting the videos online, or slaughtering hundreds of children at a time, it seems appropriate to say you're trying to "terrorize" your enemies into submission, rather than defeat them militarily. So "terrorist" might be a decent choice of words.

But then, I'm not a professional journalist so what the hell do I know?

No can do.  Our wonderful media hates the word "terrorist" as it seems to imply that one side in this "War on Terror" (another term they hate) is actually wrong.  Oh my goodness!

Of course, when you're beheading people and posting the videos online, or slaughtering hundreds of children at a time, it seems appropriate to say you're trying to "terrorize" your enemies into submission, rather than defeat them militarily.  So "terrorist" might be a decent choice of words.

But then, I'm not a professional journalist so what the hell do I know?

83878[/snapback]

Its much more helpful to the left to call them insurgents or militants or rebels. That way, they dont sound so evil and menacing. This way they can be negotiated with in our more sensitive war on terror that passes all the global tests.

Sincerely

The Kerry Campaign

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Its much more helpful to the left to call them insurgents or militants or rebels.  That way, they dont sound so evil and menacing.    This way they can be negotiated with in our more sensitive war on terror that passes all the global tests.

Sincerely

The Kerry Campaign

83891[/snapback]

We being the true, always right members of the neocon Administration believe that these brutes are terrorists. What else to call them so we can justify staying in Iraq for 5 years and feeding our defense contractor pals? THEN the people will think that we are under a constant threat, and so we'll continue to run over ANY ONE who stands in our way. We don't care who we upset... we are always right, always ready to wage war, and above all, above criticism from ANYONE. IS THAT CLEAR??

Sincerely

The Bush Campaign (with a little help from our friends)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

If we actually used terrorist in that sort of a sense, then Israel WOULD be a country of terrorists, because we let them get away with it.

Col. Jassem Mohammed Alaiwa, commander of the Iraqi national guard, said the soldiers were killed "execution-style" -- along with their four drivers. They had been forced to lie down and were shot in the head.

I don't care if there's 2,000 insurgents with guns drawn. You fight back! Kick someone in the knees, try to grab their gun! NEVER give up.

Typical Iraqis to sit there and do nothing while they're popping you in the head one by one. Are they going to do the same when the next dictator steps up 30 seconds after we leave?

Why did we got involved with these people?

But I thought the left's position was that the "insurgency" was Iraqis fighting to get Americans out of Iraq.

You mean its not?      The more this happens, the more Iraqis will continue to fight for their country.

83655[/snapback]

That depends. When liberated from their invader, most conquered nations engage in reprisals against those who cooperated with the invader. I know we think of ourselves as liberators but that isn't important. What is important is that Iraqi's think of us as liberators. That remains to be seen. I think those that wanted us there are beginning to change their minds because of the simple fact that we are not able to insure their safety. I heard one professional couple interviewed in Iraq that originally were thrilled that we invaded but now, after having lost so many loved ones to our actions and those of the "insurgents", they want us out and to be left alone in their misery.

Saddam lasted as long as he did, not just because of how he destroyed all opposition but because he provided relative peace and security on the streets. If we can't do the same, if we can't give them a safer life than they had under Saddam, why would they support us? At some point they will prefer safety over abstractions like free speech and voting. Our ability to provide security will likely determine whether the killers are honored by Iraqis as heroic resistance fighters or hated as murderous thugs.

Why oh why were these freshly trained "soldiers" going OFF duty? While ours continue to be re-up'd?

I know, I know it's all Kerry's fault!

Off duty Iraqi's, tons of weapons missing.....I know its HARD work but its getting old really fast.

Ignoring all the inconsequential RFast in most of the above which are non-replies, I am still wondering how we can ever turn a country over to enjoy their freedom if we won't arm them?

How can we ask them to stand with us if we don't stand with them?

Ignoring all the inconsequential RFast in most of the above which are non-replies, I am still wondering how we can ever turn a country over to enjoy their freedom if we won't arm them? 

How can we ask them to stand with us if we don't stand with them?

84602[/snapback]

I have no idea how they are working it, but it could be logistical. The weapons issued at the training facility are on the books for that facility. They don't go with the soldier. It is common practice to issue individual weapons upon arrival to a unit. you see our folks getting off the plane with weapons, as they were issued by the unit in the states before they flew.

We being the true, always right members of the neocon Administration believe that these brutes are terrorists. What else to call them so we can justify staying in Iraq for 5 years and feeding our defense contractor pals? THEN the people will think that we are under a constant threat, and so we'll continue to run over ANY ONE who stands in our way. We don't care who we upset... we are always right, always ready to wage war, and above all, above criticism from ANYONE. IS THAT CLEAR??

Sincerely

The Bush Campaign (with a little help from our friends)

84013[/snapback]

You've lost it. Pretty well gone over the edge.

Debbie,

If you would read more than the dem talking points, you would have seen that they had just finished training and had leave before they were to be assigned. They were on busses and stopped at a roadblock.

Debbie,

If you would read more than the dem talking points, you would have seen that they had just finished training and had leave before they were to be assigned. They were on busses and stopped at a roadblock.

84681[/snapback]

I did read it. So why was no-one armed?

The "insurgents" have long targeted Iraqi police recruits and soldiers. Didn't anyone think these guys MIGHT be in some danger?

We just put a target on their backs and let them go, and that's it? I guess there's more where that came from.

If you can't answer the question, say so. But it seems to me a stupid way to run a war. You think the pictures of all those dead guys make a good recruiting poster?

I don't care if there's 2,000 insurgents with guns drawn. You fight back! Kick someone in the knees, try to grab their gun! NEVER give up.

Typical Iraqis to sit there and do nothing while they're popping you in the head one by one. Are they going to do the same when the next dictator steps up 30 seconds after we leave?

Why did we got involved with these people?

84318[/snapback]

Yeah, all Iraqis are cowards just as all Jews are tight with their money and all blacks are muggers. Racial stereotypes are great. But wait a minute, didn't the Mehdi Army (who I believe are Iraqi) actually take on the might of the US army armed with little more than RPGs and AK-47s in Najaf and Sadr City and (according to US estimates) were slaughtered by the hundred. Doesn't seem all that cowardly to me. It might also interest you to know that a relative of mine (who happens to be a member of this race of cowards) was almost kidnapped a month or so ago. While he was supervising the rebuilding of a house, someone put a gun to his head and told him to get into a car where other members of his gang, similarly masked and armed, were waiting. However, he refused, struggled and managed to escape, though not without taking a bullet through his arm and another through his leg. Doesn't seem like the actions of a coward to me, which is strange when you consider his nationality. As for these Iraqi recruits, it seems somewhat early to be passing judgement. Do you know for a fact that none of them struggled? In any event, it is easy to pontificate on these matters from your armchair. We all like to believe we would be heroes and go out in a blaze of glory, but, in reality, unless you have actually been in a similar situation (and survived to tell the tale) there is no way of knowing how you would actually react.