Unarmed Iraqi Soldiers Ambushed, Executed

blzrul

Yeah, all Iraqis are cowards just as all Jews are tight with their money and all blacks are muggers. Racial stereotypes are great. But wait a minute, didn't the Mehdi Army (who I believe are Iraqi) actually take on the might of the US army armed with little more than RPGs and AK-47s in Najaf and Sadr City and (according to US estimates) were slaughtered by the hundred. Doesn't seem all that cowardly to me. It might also interest you to know that a relative of mine (who happens to be a member of this race of cowards) was almost kidnapped a month or so ago. While he was supervising the rebuilding of a house, someone put a gun to his head and told him to get into a car where other members of his gang, similarly masked and armed, were waiting. However, he refused, struggled and managed to escape, though not without taking a bullet through his arm and another through his leg. Doesn't seem like the actions of a coward to me, which is strange when you consider his nationality. As for these Iraqi recruits, it seems somewhat early to be passing judgement. Do you know for a fact that none of them struggled? In any event, it is easy to pontificate on these matters from your armchair. We all like to believe we would be heroes and go out in a blaze of glory, but, in reality, unless you have actually been in a similar situation (and survived to tell the tale) there is no way of knowing how you would actually react.

85197[/snapback]

I sledom to never agree with your postings, but in this case agree you are right on. The issues are extremely complicated. Many 'average Iraquis' are fearful of situations like the one you described.

As President Bush pointed out during one of the debates, there are many members of the ING who have given their life already. If Iraq is to survive without becoming a nation led by Fundamentalist Muslim Terrorists than the average Joe is going to have to continue to step up to the plate.

But for people like NozzleNUT, and the weak kneed Rabid in VT, they don't see the big picture. And the truth is, we don't know exactly what went down when they were captured.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sledom to never agree with your postings, but in this case agree you are right on. The issues are extremely complicated. Many 'average Iraquis' are fearful of  situations like the one you described.

As President Bush pointed out during one of the debates, there are many members of the ING who have given their life already. If Iraq is to survive without becoming a nation led by Fundamentalist Muslim Terrorists than the average Joe is going to have to continue to step up to the plate.

But for people like NozzleNUT, and the weak kneed Rabid in VT, they don't see the big picture. And the truth is, we don't know exactly what went down when they were captured.

85254[/snapback]

But we DO know they were unarmed and that they were slain execution-style. Are you saying that the first had nothing to do with the second? It may not have predicated it but it sure was a big enabler. Maybe someone forgot but there's a war going on over there. Citizens take their lives in their hands going to the market in certain places. A busload of unarmed soldiers must have seemed like a direct gift from God to the "insurgents".

Yeah, all Iraqis are cowards just as all Jews are tight with their money and all blacks are muggers. Racial stereotypes are great. But wait a minute, didn't the Mehdi Army (who I believe are Iraqi) actually take on the might of the US army armed with little more than RPGs and AK-47s in Najaf and Sadr City and (according to US estimates) were slaughtered by the hundred. Doesn't seem all that cowardly to me. It might also interest you to know that a relative of mine (who happens to be a member of this race of cowards) was almost kidnapped a month or so ago. While he was supervising the rebuilding of a house, someone put a gun to his head and told him to get into a car where other members of his gang, similarly masked and armed, were waiting. However, he refused, struggled and managed to escape, though not without taking a bullet through his arm and another through his leg. Doesn't seem like the actions of a coward to me, which is strange when you consider his nationality. As for these Iraqi recruits, it seems somewhat early to be passing judgement. Do you know for a fact that none of them struggled? In any event, it is easy to pontificate on these matters from your armchair. We all like to believe we would be heroes and go out in a blaze of glory, but, in reality, unless you have actually been in a similar situation (and survived to tell the tale) there is no way of knowing how you would actually react.

85197[/snapback]

That wasn't a "racial stereotype." Did I use some slur? No, it was a statement based on a 20-year record under Saddam Hussein. The silent majority do nothing while they're being killed, raped, gassed, etc. I think here in the U.S. if that were happening, we might fight back, yeah? Not to say that everyone's like that, but there's not many who do speak up or put up a fight; your relative did and is still alive. Good for him, man. There need to be more people like that.

The footage on the news showed them all lined up, execution-style, shot in the head. If they had fought back they would probably be scattered and shot in other places.

Haven't been in that exact circumstance, true, but there've been a few times, like when some guys were trying to jack my car out of my driveway at 2 a.m., when the adreneline goes and you just do something. These were guys that completed ING training; what were they being taught? Apparently not "Let's Roll." Where were their armaments to protect themselves? Everyone else seems to have an AK-47 to protect their homes....

But we DO know they were unarmed and that they were slain execution-style. Are you saying that the first had nothing to do with the second?  It may not have predicated it but it sure was a big enabler.  Maybe someone forgot but there's a war going on over there.  Citizens take their lives in their hands going to the market in certain places.  A busload of unarmed soldiers must have seemed like a direct gift from God to the "insurgents".

85383[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, what is your position on the gun control issue here in America?

Just out of curiosity, what is your position on the gun control issue here in America?

85542[/snapback]

I don't care if people own guns. However I'd prefer that they be licensed and people take reasonable care to keep them locked away from kids and criminals alike. I grew up with guns in my house although I don't own one now.

I personally see no need for an individual to own assault weapons however. The only thing those are good for is shooting people and as the relative of a former police officer I would prefer they not be at such a disadvantage.

I don't care if people own guns.  However I'd prefer that they be licensed and people take reasonable care to keep them locked away from kids and criminals alike.  I grew up with guns in my house although I don't own one now.

I personally see no need for an individual to own assault weapons however.  The only thing those are good for is shooting people and as the relative of a former police officer I would prefer they not be at such a disadvantage.

85612[/snapback]

Fearmongering at its finest. Please define what an assault weapon is.

Fearmongering at its finest.  Please define what an assault weapon is.

85619[/snapback]

If you don't know I'm not telling you. Try - and I know it's difficult, but try - not to be such an ass. You know what I'm talking about and I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you. If you really can't figure it out go talk to a cop, like my cousin (NYPD). He'll be glad to set you straight.

I don't care if people own guns.  However I'd prefer that they be licensed and people take reasonable care to keep them locked away from kids and criminals alike.  I grew up with guns in my house although I don't own one now.

I personally see no need for an individual to own assault weapons however.  The only thing those are good for is shooting people and as the relative of a former police officer I would prefer they not be at such a disadvantage.

85612[/snapback]

Its not for you or the government to tell us what we do or dont NEED but thats besides the point.

There are many areas in THIS country where all law abiding citizens should be packin when they traverse them. Doesnt mean they are.

If you don't know I'm not telling you.  Try - and I know it's difficult, but try - not to be such an ass.  You know what I'm talking about and I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you.  If you really can't figure it out go talk to a cop, like my cousin (NYPD).  He'll be glad to set you straight.

85659[/snapback]

Thanks for answering the question in the typical lefty way. You can't define what an assault weapon is because it's a ridiculous idea that's based on no discernable features and didn't actually keep ONE weapon out of the hands of criminals. At least the ban cost alot of taxpayer money for virtually no benefit, something the left actually likes because they can use it as an excuse to go further in their ridiculous pandering.

I don't need to ask a cop about defending me (I have them in my family too, only they have actually read and understand the Constitution) - if it's like 99.9999% of all crimes, they won't be there while it's being committed, but will be super diligent in their post investigation, which occasionally involve some very snappy chalk lines.

I own an AR-15, AK-47 and a Russian SKS. What makes them legal or illegal is the trigger mechanism. I could make them fully automatic but why? I shoot them once, maybe twice a year. Banning weapons won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but out of law abiding citizens like myself.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I own an AR-15, AK-47 and a Russian SKS.  What makes them legal or illegal is the trigger mechanism.  I could make them fully automatic but why?  I shoot them once, maybe twice a year.  Banning weapons won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but out of law abiding citizens like myself.

85736[/snapback]

You always seem to confuse banning weapons with banning FULLY AUTOMATIC weapons. That is a difference that should be taken into account.

Let's take this example. Why can't I own an M-60 or a grenade launcher? They are weapons, right? I have a right to bear arms, right?

Answer that, and you will understand why owning a fully automatic weapon is just silly... it has NO PRACTICAL PURPOSE other than to kill or injure.

As a gun owner, that has ALWAYS been my problem with the NRA besides their far right political mailings, and that's why I'll never be a member.

You always seem to confuse banning weapons with banning FULLY AUTOMATIC weapons. That is a difference that should be taken into account.

Let's take this example. Why can't I own an M-60 or a grenade launcher? They are weapons, right? I have a right to bear arms, right?

Answer that, and you will understand why owning a fully automatic weapon is just silly... it has NO PRACTICAL PURPOSE other than to kill or injure.

As a gun owner, that has ALWAYS been my problem with the NRA besides their far right political mailings, and that's why I'll never be a member.

85775[/snapback]

National Firearms Act. Try reading it.

That wasn't a "racial stereotype." Did I use some slur? No, it was a statement based on a 20-year record under Saddam Hussein. The silent majority do nothing while they're being killed, raped, gassed, etc. I think here in the U.S. if that were happening, we might fight back, yeah? Not to say that everyone's like that, but there's not many who do speak up or put up a fight; your relative did and is still alive. Good for him, man. There need to be more people like that.

The footage on the news showed them all lined up, execution-style, shot in the head. If they had fought back they would probably be scattered and shot in other places.

Haven't been in that exact circumstance, true, but there've been a few times, like when some guys were trying to jack my car out of my driveway at 2 a.m., when the adreneline goes and you just do something. These were guys that completed ING training; what were they being taught? Apparently not "Let's Roll." Where were their armaments to protect themselves? Everyone else seems to have an AK-47 to protect their homes....

85445[/snapback]

This idea that Iraqis did nothing to try and get rid of Saddam is just plain wrong. Probably over 100,000 died in the 1991 uprising, Uday was crippled in an assassination attempt and there were numerous other coup attempts. There were undoubtedly other attempts that were snuffed out in the planning stages that we never got to hear about. I'm not sure that you understand just how strong Saddam's hold was on the country. The secret police were everywhere - they could be your neighbour, your friend, even your relative. In such circumstances, trying to coordinate anything is impossible - one word out of place and you are dead, no questions asked. Saddam even had a team of doubles - men chosen for their resemblance to him, who were then surgically altered so that they resembled him in virtually every detail. Even if someone managed to bump off "Saddam", chances are that it wouldn't be him but one of his doppelgangers. Back to the subject of the poor guardsmen, Iraqis are allowed one AK-47 per household to defend their home but they are not allowed to take these out of their homes. They are allowed to carry pistols for self-defence, so long as they have a permit. From what I understand, these recruits were very poor Shiite muslims from the South - they may not have been able to afford handguns.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
National Firearms Act. Try reading it.

85825[/snapback]

There is no need to read it; fully automatic weapons banned, cut and dry. I was merely making a point that eventually you have to logically look at things, and wonder why ANYONE needs (for example) an AK-47? I don't hunt animals with an AK-47; it's just plain silly. I don't need an AK-47 to protect my family; that too is just plain silly.

There is no need to read it; fully automatic weapons banned, cut and dry. I was merely making a point that eventually you have to logically look at things, and wonder why ANYONE needs (for example) an AK-47? I don't hunt animals with an AK-47; it's just plain silly. I don't need an AK-47 to protect my family; that too is just plain silly.

85834[/snapback]

My relative fought in a war, and wants to leave me his weapon in his will. That's just plain silly.

85834[/snapback]

Thanks for transferring what you dont need onto the rest of us.

I dont need a sports car so therefore they should be illegal too, I mean seriously, how many people are killed each year driving those things so fast and recklessly?

BAN SPORTS CARS!!!!!

Thanks for transferring what you dont need onto the rest of us.   

I dont need a sports car so therefore they should be illegal too, I mean seriously, how many people are killed each year driving those things so fast and recklessly?

BAN SPORTS CARS!!!!!

85881[/snapback]

The same philosophy can be applied to alcohol. How many people die or are injured as a result of drunk driving? How many families are torn apart due to alcoholism? There is no NEED for alcoholic beverages. Forget all of the people who drink alcohol responsibly. We need to focus on the few that are irresponsible in order to protect society. Ban alcohol.

The same philosophy can be applied to alcohol. How many people die or are injured as a result of drunk driving? How many families are torn apart due to alcoholism? There is no NEED for alcoholic beverages. Forget all of the people who drink alcohol responsibly. We need to focus on the few that are irresponsible in order to protect society. Ban alcohol.

85884[/snapback]

It's really a good thing that the "War on Drugs" is so cheap and effective as well. Banning things is fun and there is absolutely no downside to limiting individual liberty.

It's really a good thing that the "War on Drugs" is so cheap and effective as well.  Banning things is fun and there is absolutely no downside to limiting individual liberty.

85891[/snapback]

I love it when people argue using soundbites. I also enjoyed this line:

There is no need to read it; fully automatic weapons banned, cut and dry.

Yup, don't need to read it. Even though he was wrong on what the National Firearms Act said, there is still no need to read it. He has already made up his mind on what it says, so that is what really counts here.