ESPN calling out the Cowboys

sistersarah

I was hoping to see a thread mentioning how the ESPN crew beat on the Cowboys and their plight. Trent Dilfer was particularly rough and I believe it was Mr. Jackson that actually came out and said that they had no "character." Took me back to the one draft and Marv stating that is the type of player the team wants.

As a person that gets sick of all the Cowboys talk I loved it. I keep wondering when Mr. Jones is going to just jump onto to the field and just name himself as the head coach. You know that is what he would love to do.

A big time wekness has been exposed the last two weeks, and was alittle bit vs the Philadelphia Eagles. The O-Line is Super Mammoth. However, the O-Line average age is right around 30 yrs old and they are not quick/fleet of foot at all. Theses are the reasons why our D-Line had success against them on Monday night last year. Why is this weakness important???? The Offensive startegy is to throw the ball down field. When you throw the ball down field, the QB has to hold on to the ball a little longer than say Trent Edwards in our quick read/release offense. Arizona and STL Rams have very quick D-lines who gave us problems as well.

I was hoping to see a thread mentioning how the ESPN crew beat on the Cowboys and their plight. Trent Dilfer was particularly rough and I believe it was Mr. Jackson that actually came out and said that they had no "character." Took me back to the one draft and Marv stating that is the type of player the team wants.

As a person that gets sick of all the Cowboys talk I loved it. I keep wondering when Mr. Jones is going to just jump onto to the field and just name himself as the head coach. You know that is what he would love to do.

Nothing brings me pleasure more than seeing the Cowpokes be trashed in the media. Absolutely nothing, well except seeing the Dolphags lose. so, this weekend both happened, and I nearly spontaneously combusted.

Nothing brings me pleasure more than seeing the Cowpokes be trashed in the media. Absolutely nothing, well except seeing the Dolphags lose. so, this weekend both happened, and I nearly spontaneously combusted.

I cant stand the Cowboys. The media focuses so much on the cowboys and most of what they focus on is not about playing football. Its jerry jones, TO overdose, TO crying, Romo dating jessica simpson, pac man being a criminal, etc. I wouldnt mind so much if they talked more about the play and less about the drama.

I cant stand the Cowboys. The media focuses so much on the cowboys and most of what they focus on is not about playing football. Its jerry jones, TO overdose, TO crying, Romo dating jessica simpson, pac man being a criminal, etc. I wouldnt mind so much if they talked more about the play and less about the drama.

Thats what i think. ESPN is almost unwatchable sometimes because they focus on the drama. I like to know the players off the field but id rather have a feel good story or something funny like the Mayne event then o what did Romo and Jessica have for dinner. If you care about that go read people

Couldn't agree more, but the problem is that the games happen one day a week and there's only so much play that can be analyzed. When E$PN covers stuff, they pick the material that would get the most viewers and today, it's how bad the Cowboys are. Tomorrow, it'll be how Brett Favre didn't finish his bowl of Cheerios, so something might be wrong with him.

Just like sex sells on prime time TV dramas, the Cowboys' drama (supposedly) brings in the most viewers.

The only way the Bills will get their due exposure is if they make the big game.

Couldn't agree more, but the problem is that the games happen one day a week and there's only so much play that can be analyzed. When E$PN covers stuff, they pick the material that would get the most viewers and today, it's how bad the Cowboys are. Tomorrow, it'll be how Brett Favre didn't finish his bowl of Cheerios, so something might be wrong with him.

Just like sex sells on prime time TV dramas, the Cowboys' drama (supposedly) brings in the most viewers.

The only way the Bills will get their due exposure is if they make the big game.

I agree. Even the NFL Network does the same thing. I don't know how many times I watched NFL Total Access, and seen 90% of the show centering around Favre this summer, and see about 10-15 seconds of the Bills. Same goes with the cowgirls.

I hate Dallas and hope they continue to fail miserably, especially since Wade Phillips is their coach. Wade Phillips was an idiot for benching Flutie for Johnson, and screwed our chances to go deep in the playoffs that year. 8 years later, looks like we'll finally have our chance in the post-season again (cross our fingers).

I agree. Even the NFL Network does the same thing. I don't know how many times I watched NFL Total Access, and seen 90% of the show centering around Favre this summer, and see about 10-15 seconds of the Bills. Same goes with the cowgirls.

I hate Dallas and hope they continue to fail miserably, especially since Wade Phillips is their coach. Wade Phillips was an idiot for benching Flutie for Johnson, and screwed our chances to go deep in the playoffs that year. 8 years later, looks like we'll finally have our chance in the post-season again (cross our fingers).

Try living in Dallas - the fans here mirror the team - a bunch of whiners for the most part. I am happy to see the dissention on their team. Makes me sick to think of the tax dollars wasted on Jerry's new Taj Mahal. :lol:

Try living in Dallas - the fans here mirror the team - a bunch of whiners for the most part. I am happy to see the dissention on their team. Makes me sick to think of the tax dollars wasted on Jerry's new Taj Mahal

At my Bills bar yesterday - we could see the Cowboys game right next to the big screen that the Bills Game was on. They really did look bad - a lot worse than us against AZ.

The best part of this morning was that no-one walked into work with a smile on their face (except me)

The worst part is that the next time we play the Boys it will probably be in Jerry's new Taj Mahal - at about $95 for nose bleeds and $50 to park - the greedy bastage just makes me want to puke.

Hey BuffaloBill - are you in the DFW Bills Backers? Please PM me for details

The worst part is that the next time we play the Boys it will probably be in Jerry's new Taj Mahal - at about $95 for nose bleeds and $50 to park - the greedy bastage just makes me want to puke.

Jones makes me wanna PUKE!

Raise your hands up and PUKE!

A little bit greener now...

A little bit greener now...

Thats what i think. ESPN is almost unwatchable sometimes because they focus on the drama. I like to know the players off the field but id rather have a feel good story or something funny like the Mayne event then o what did Romo and Jessica have for dinner. If you care about that go read people

Obviously you have no idea that most of these football fans also squeal like girls when their "reality" shows air every week.

Wow. :lol:

Fruitie was given the chance to lead us deep into the playoffs the previous year but fumbled our chances away. It was smart not to repeat mistakes of the past.

Wow. :lol:

Fruitie was given the chance to lead us deep into the playoffs the previous year but fumbled our chances away. It was smart not to repeat mistakes of the past.

Really, I also remember a few plays before that fumble, Andre Reed was mad that the ref's didn't signal a touchdown so he threw the ball at the ref, causing him to get ejected and a 15 yard penalty. So we went from the goal line, to the 15. I blame that one on Andre Reed, not Flutie.

Also, on the NFL network, there was an hour show called "Top ten 1 hit wonders" which had Rob Johnson at #8, and "Top ten QB controversies". Wade Phillips admits on the show that they made a bad decision on putting Rob Johnson in vs the Titans, quote: "In hindsight, Doug would have won the game for us".

hmm. that slipped my mind. my only recollection of that game unfortunately was trace armstrong crushing flutie and making him fumble. :lol:

I remembered when it happened, but refreshed my memory when I saw a replay of that game on the NFL network this year. Reed was a veteran and should of maintained his composure, instead he let his emotions take the better of him and cost us the game.

Really, I also remember a few plays before that fumble, Andre Reed was mad that the ref's didn't signal a touchdown so he threw the ball at the ref, causing him to get ejected and a 15 yard penalty. So we went from the goal line, to the 15. I blame that one on Andre Reed, not Flutie.

What game were you watching? I don't ever remember Reed "throwing the ball at the ref"...he just got up quickly and bumped into the ref. The problem with that play was that Reed (along with most people) thought he got into the end zone and the ref never called it.

Also, on the NFL network, there was an hour show called "Top ten 1 hit wonders" which had Rob Johnson at #8, and "Top ten QB controversies". Wade Phillips admits on the show that they made a bad decision on putting Rob Johnson in vs the Titans, quote: "In hindsight, Doug would have won the game for us".

By far, the most intelligent thing ever said by Wade Phillips.

What game were you watching? I don't ever remember Reed "throwing the ball at the ref"...he just got up quickly and bumped into the ref. The problem with that play was that Reed (along with most people) thought he got into the end zone and the ref never called it.

By far, the most intelligent thing ever said by Wade Phillips.

Reed threw the ball at the ref's back, causing Reed to get a 15 yard personal foul penalty and a game ejection. If the game is ever on the NFL network again, watch it.