Whitner disses JP in a roundabout way...

Big Turk

Chance are this team would have been 6-0 right now if Edwards didn't get hurt.

Anways everyone knew that as soon as Losman got in there we would lose.

Which makes me wonder why he was kept as a backup in the first place.

If Edwards gets hurt at the finish of the season before the playoffs start this will be a wasted season.

This whole Losman deal is a fiasco as far as I'm concerned.

Again I cannot figure out why they kept that loser around as a backup.

I like Edwards miles more than JP but every team has their day and no matter who was qb ing that day it was a loser. It mighta been closer but JP played good the first half Royal fumbled the first drive away in the 2nd and then they ran for the bus...JP is history after this yr so lets just let it go...IF they make it to the playoffs and lose their QB most teams can forget it..I remeber only a few too win it with the man who started the year 2nd string..The 71 Cowboys Morton to Staubach and the 1990 Giants..Simms to Hostetler..

You my friend sound like the loser. Did you watch the AZ game? The QB play was not the difference in that game. Please.

If we could stop with the name calling we would probably get along better..Its gotta start with someone..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what , people can make all the excuses they want for Losman saying that we weren't in the game anyways.

But that is not the point.

As a QB that cost what he did in draft choices he should be far better than what he is.

That game made it clear that in his 5th year he is the same irratic QB he has always been.

I don't care what the defense did I still came away knowing that this team is shot with him at QB.

Even if the defense puts in a good game they won't beat good teams with Losman as the QB.

Who the hell is still a JP fan after this? OK, some people (including myself) want to see him have a nice career, but there can't be one person left who wants him on this football team, right.......?

I don't want him here and didn't want him here going back at least 2 years.

Who the hell is still a JP fan after this? OK, some people (including myself) want to see him have a nice career, but there can't be one person left who wants him on this football team, right.......?
I'm still a fan, but I would like to see him gone. This situation sucks all around, he's probably

one of a very few backups in the NFL that the fans despise. If he ever gets on the field again this year its a no win situation.

By words and action the team effort drops when he's playing which says more about the team than him.

Donte Whitner has said what a lot of fans have thought about the Bills offense under JP the past few years in an interview after the game today:

"Trent is playing as well or better than any quarterback in this league right now," said safety Donte Whitner, "as far as getting the ball out, not turning the ball over and being efficient with what he's doing.

"I'm very confident in Trent. In the past it was tough because you didn't know exactly what you were going to get from the offense. You didn't know if you were going to get points, so you almost had to play perfect on the defense side of the ball. And once you try to play perfect, you make mistakes.

"So with Trent out there I don't have any worries at all. I sit on the bench, drink a little water, a little Gatorade and I glance over at the scoreboard. We need him out there. I felt like if we had him for the entire game against Arizona we might be sitting here talking about a 6-0 football team instead of 5-1. I really believe that.

You're confusing JP and the entire offense. He was right that the offense has not been particularly good in the recent past. Which includes the Trent-led offense last year. Not very good at all. The fact that you see this as an insult to JP is more of a comment on you than on Whitner.

No question that the offense is much better this year, but that has a lot to do with the new coordinator, better use of Royal and the RBs, etc. Anyway, hope it all continues.

When playing a high power offense, they are going to score. You need your offense to sustain drives to your D can get some breathers, and to keep the opposing O off the field. When you consistantly going 3 and out, 6 and out, you are putting your D in a horrible position.

Yeah, the D must have been exhausted that first drive of the game. And the second. And the third. And the fourth. And so on. They never looked like they were even in the game. It would have been worse if Arizona hadn't started being more predictable about running the ball to run time off the clock later in the game.

I understand if the D is exhausted on the eighth drive. But if they're exhausted on the first drive ... what were they doing the night before and how can you blame that on our QB.

Yeah I seen him turning the ball over.

He had one nice deep pass to Evans and looked irratic in spots like he always does.

This team is not good enough to overcome his errors.

If you think this team can function with that clown at QB you are certainly as much as loser as he is.

He didn't turn the ball over till the Bills were basically out of the game, till we were way behind and needed to score on every single drive. He could definitely have played better. But he had an excellent game till very late when it was time to start taking risks if nothing was available on the play.

Some of you guys are way too up donte's a$$...this guy talks a way bigger game than he plays. Other than the late-game meaningless hit on chad johnson, what has he ever done? Oh wait, he did look like a deer in headlights on the onside kick in the dallas game last year. He's a decent player with a big mouth.

As much as i hate jp as a qb, there's no reason to knock a teammate in public like that. One understated thing that is nice about this team is that they are likable and predominantly devoid of some of the other crap that goes on in most other nfl cities.

He didn't turn the ball over till the Bills were basically out of the game, till we were way behind and needed to score on every single drive. He could definitely have played better. But he had an excellent game till very late when it was time to start taking risks if nothing was available on the play.

Wrong! The first turnover came just a couple of plays after he came in for Trent. The Cardinals went on to march down and score the first TD -- and everything continued to go south from there. Might the entire tone of the game been different if the first drive for the Bills had ended with a score and the Cardinals were not playing with a lead?

Now, I blame that turnover more on the OL (Fowler in particular), than on JP -- but still...

Wrong! The first turnover came just a couple of plays after he came in for Trent. The Cardinals went on to march down and score the first TD -- and everything continued to go south from there. Might the entire tone of the game been different if the first drive for the Bills had ended with a score and the Cardinals were not playing with a lead?

Now, I blame that turnover more on the OL (Fowler in particular), than on JP -- but still...

and our defense was so tired at that point that they let the Cardinals march down the field with the greatest of ease. Right?

Okay. I will say you are right. Do you actually think the D would have played the same way high level yesterday had Trent got hurt against the Chargers. Part of JP's problem is also how your team plays for you. :lol::wallbash:

i am right! arizona scored every time they touched the ball! i know edwards is a much better player, but i don't want to hear anyone on this defense directly or indirectly blaming what happened in AZ on losman. that defensive performance was a flat-out disgrace, and the unit as a whole was way worse than the bills offense was with losman.

just don't go there whitner.

LA, you always were the most reasonable of the JP supporters, so I address this to you.

I don't know why Whitner said this. Maybe he was simply caught up in the moment. Maybe it was some sort of "message" to Evans, who owes a lot of his stats to JP. Offensive and defensive players are not always that close, even on the same team. I agree that blasting JP serves no purpose now.

Still, some of the loyal JP Fans do continue on. Twice today I have seen Trent blamed for getting sacked against Arizona. One even blamed him for getting hurt, calling it a "poor decision." :wallbash::worthy:

Like you said, these are fun times, and the thing to do is savor them, because things can go bad in a hurry if we are not lucky.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, I think it is personal with LA... I guess I would defend JP to if I was in his shoes.

But still what? The guy was absolutely untouched, and the play called for JP to be turned the other way so there was no way for him to see the guy coming. It was about as much Lee Evans's fault as JP's on that play.

Some of you guys are way too up donte's a$$...this guy talks a way bigger game than he plays. Other than the late-game meaningless hit on chad johnson, what has he ever done? Oh wait, he did look like a deer in headlights on the onside kick in the dallas game last year. He's a decent player with a big mouth.

As much as i hate jp as a qb, there's no reason to knock a teammate in public like that. One understated thing that is nice about this team is that they are likable and predominantly devoid of some of the other crap that goes on in most other nfl cities.

I'm not saying what I say because of Whitner.

You are right Whitner talks big but falls short of the hype.