Fowler OUT??????????

K-Gun10

Schobel, Fowler not practicing

By Chris Brown - Posted October 16th, 2008

Aaron Schobel and Melvin Fowler are not practicing. Schobel is still in the walking boot.

Duke Preston is getting reps with the first unit in place of Fowler. Fowler did not participate in practice during the bye week, but did practice fully Monday and Wednesday.

Terrence McGee appears limited as he was going through individual drills. It’s a pads practice today and McGee was not in pads, so he’s not expected to do much.

And as I blogged previously John McCargo is back with the team practicing.

Tags: Aaron Schobel, Duke Preston, John McCargo, Melvin Fowler, Terrence McGee

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see what Duke can do. Center play has been particularly bad, so I don't view this as a huge loss. Fowler IMO is a very smart player, who gets blown off the ball consistently and is a large reason why our running game is disrupted so easily.

GO DUKE!! :(

Fowler has been the weakest link on the team so far this season, through game 5. At least Peters has shown flashes of brillance here and there and you'll assume he'll get better but the same cannot be said of Fowler anymore.

If he fell down on every play it would be a better result than Fowler standing there a majority of the time.

I don't think Duke is that fat.

ps - If you don't believe me, go to the video tape.

As bad as Preston has been if the Bills could trust his shotgun snapping he would probably start over Fowler. I also was calling for a swap at center during the bye. This could be another situation like Anthony Thomas and Freddy Jackson.... most here could see it but it takes an injury for the coaches to make the move. Barring any shotgun mishaps, I expect an upgrade. Go Puke Preston!!!!

As bad as Preston has been if the Bills could trust his shotgun snapping he would probably start over Fowler. I also was calling for a swap at center during the bye. This could be another situation like Anthony Thomas and Freddy Jackson.... most here could see it but it takes an injury for the coaches to make the move. Barring any shotgun mishaps, I expect an upgrade. Go Puke Preston!!!!

OK... now sing it with me, to the tune of "Speed Racer"

Go, Puke Preston,

Go Puke Preston

Go Puke Preston Gooooo!

:(

FWIW, Preston did look much better this year in camp and pre-season. Guys do develop sometimes. He has been below average in his playing time in the past but things may have changed. It could be worth a shot. He showed a bit of a mean streak this pre-season, which I hadn't seen out of him previously.