'V' invades prime time TV again!

Tux of Borg

http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/2008/10/v-invades-prime.html

'V' invades prime time TV again!

Can TV get any better for '80s fans? First a new Knight Rider returns and now this: The sci-fi series V is set to be remade and return to television as a miniseries and TV spinoff.

ABC is remaking the 1980s story about alien lizards "visiting" Earth, according to Variety.com. The new series will be written by The 4400 co-creator Scott Peters.

"Whenever I mention V to anybody, they still have a lot of good memories about the original movie and series," Peters told the trade journal. "Everybody has that imagery of their uniforms, or the visitor eating a hamster. It’s a science fiction icon and too good to pass up."

V_show The original 1983 miniseries was a ratings triumph, sparking a sequel and a weekly TV series during the 1984-85 season. Original writer-producer-director Kenneth Johnson had been trying to find buyers for "V: The Second Generation," according to Variety, but he's not listed among those involved with the ABC version.

The new miniseries will revolve around a Homeland Security agent whose wayward son is attracted to the aliens upon their arrival, though more side plots are expected along the way.

I hope they dont pull the old "Take off the mask and it's a completely different head shape" I hate shows that cheese out with the old "aliens disguised as humans"

You want a good plot with lizard Aliens? Read Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series.

:(

I hope this gives someone the idea to rerun the original mini series. Would love to see it again.

ZOMG!!! THEY'RE FREAKIN' LIZARDS!!!!

You can buy the DVD if you want to see it -- I have both V and the Final Battle on DVD and watch it every couple of years. In addition, the original has an audio commentary track which was pretty interesting. The laser blasts ate most of the special effects budget and cost $25,000/each if I remember correctly.

The good news is they're gonna redo V :lol:

The bad news is they'll probably f*ck it up like every other remake :lol:

I haven't been following it recently, but I know Kenneth Johnson (the original creator) was working on this project a couple of years ago -- and if he's still on it, I think it'll be good. He got ousted before The Final Battle, and that's why that miniseries was nowhere near as good as the original.

Time will tell.

My favorite part of the whole thing was that Michael Ironsides' character called Marc Singer's character "Gooder" which was short for "Do-Gooder". There's no comeback for that. You're a good guy, you help people and some dude pins a nickname on you for doing it. Awesome! :lol:

Also, George's boss (Mr. Wilhelm) was the leader of the Visitors. :lol:

I believe Robert Englund (Freddie from Nightmare on Elm Street) was a wimpy Visitor who became friends with the humans.

You are correct, sir! V is where Robert Englund really got his start.

The lizard chicks were MILFS

Jane Badler's (Diana) MySpace page.

She looks great. Hard to believe she's almost 55.

• 2 weeks later...