Sarah Palin Newsweek Cover

I really doubt that kind of footage is hard to come by either. I bet anyone could go to any Palin rally and get about the same amount of "insight".

Would this be like the footage outside the RNC where the protesters couldn't tell you what they were protesting against? Uninformed people are everywhere.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would this be like the footage outside the RNC where the protesters couldn't tell you what they were protesting against? Uninformed people are everywhere.

Oh man, but did you see the RATM megaphone show, when the police shut em down. You gotta admit, that was awesome.

I agree though, mobs are dumb, very dumb.

John McCain, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden have all been national figures for years whose records had already been vetted by the national media. Why shouldn't the media scrutinize Palin who up until late August was unknown to the vast majority of Americans?

Obama has been a national figure for years? You must be using a very literal definition since he's been a national figure for exactly two years. And what little record he has amassed has never been vetted by the MSM, although they thoroughly covered the color of his skin and his ability to give articulate speeches, so I guess that's just as important.

The kid gloves treatment he has received from the MSM is my primary issue with his candidacy since it has left us without a real understanding of who this man is, what he has supported in the past and what he intends to do as President. Newsweek has simply engaged in the same negligent fawned over him that everyone else has; they just added a Messiah photo to go along with the story. Gee, did they also make his skin lighter as the anti-OJ?

As SD said, anyone who has read Newsweek should understand their political leaning (btw, including an article by someone from the other camp doesn't change the editorial direction of a publication; see also: Times, NY), but the Palin pic is a really silly thing to be complaining about.

Anyone else wish election day was today? I'm so tired of this crap. I'd vote for Obama if it meant I could be spared four more weeks of this nonsense.

Maybe because an actual close look at her reveals that she is hideous, and I am not talking one bit about looks.

Maybe what we need to do is get together with Governor Palin and Plugs Biden, go down Union Street in Wilmington and go to Katie's restaurant to break bread and find out who really defines hideous. :devil:;)

I really don't get the hatred of this woman. It's shameful that we've come to this point. And for the record I feel the same way about The way The Messiah is being treated. Answer me this Lefties-why do you hate this woman so much? Is it because she walks the walk?

You may not like her ideas but why dehumanize her? So acording to Exiled in Idiotville ahe's a b*tch? Nice.

Actually 4 years.

Actually, no. Freshman senators are not national figures -- even if they gave a speech at a convention. 90% of the country couldn't have picked him out of a lineup before he started his campaign for POTUS. For you to attempt to lump him in with Biden and McCain as a long standing public figure is entirely disingenuous.

You may not like her ideas but why dehumanize her? So acording to Exiled in Idiotville ahe's a b*tch? Nice.

I found EII's use of the word "wacko" to be hysterically ironic. Of all the people on this board...

I really don't get the hatred of this woman. It's shameful that we've come to this point. And for the record I feel the same way about The way The Messiah is being treated. Answer me this Lefties-why do you hate this woman so much? Is it because she walks the walk?

The reason the left hate Palin and consider her a B word and hideous is because THEY were the ones who were supposed to bring a formidable woman to the table at this point, not the right.

Perhaps the most hypocritical part of the left this election year has been how a group that has spent so much time screaming and yelling for women's rights and equality suddenly feel like all woman are knobgobblers who need to stay home, clean the house and shut the !@#$ up until spoken to. :devil:;):sick:

But hey...it fits their needs right now. After Obama and Plugs get elected, women will once again be relevant and respected, however the left reserves the right to change their mind as it sees fit.

The reason the left hate Palin and consider her a B word and hideous is because THEY were the ones who were supposed to bring a formidable woman to the table at this point, not the right.

Perhaps the most hypocritical part of the left this election year has been how a group that has spent so much time screaming and yelling for women's rights and equality suddenly feel like all woman are knobgobblers who need to stay home, clean the house and shut the !@#$ up until spoken to. :devil:;):sick:

But hey...it fits their needs right now. After Obama and Plugs get elected, women will once again be relevant and respected, however the left reserves the right to change their mind as it sees fit.

You are so wrong it's unbelievable. Go ahead though keep spewing this nonsense if it makes you feel better.

I actually liked her and thought it was a good move by McCain, thoroughly applauded the move (because he was desperate and had to do something to shake up the race, which he did), thought it was great for the republican party to nominate a woman to that position, and thought she did fabulous under tremendous pressure at the convention. I immediately saw the appeal, and I posted each of those thoughts here on the board, some of them over and over.

Then I saw her answer questions and realized that she did not know what was going on in the world, and had no preparation for this job. She cannot answer simple questions. She is totally unprepared for the job she was handed, and is scary for the country. I don't even care about her political views that I don't agree with. She, as she is, is an affront to intelligence on a world stage. It's possible that in four years of studying every day she could learn enough to be a formidable candidate, but I have my doubts. And numerous serious and well respected republicans share this view.

Actually, no. Freshman senators are not national figures -- even if they gave a speech at a convention. 90% of the country couldn't have picked him out of a lineup before he started his campaign for POTUS. For you to attempt to lump him in with Biden and McCain as a long standing public figure is entirely disingenuous.

You're right, Obama recieved zero national attention between his 2004 DNC speech and his election to the Senate. I mean being featured 642 times in major U.S. publications in the 3 month span between his 2004 DNC speech and his election to the US Senate hardly makes one a national figure. I mean these 10 articles clealry indicate that Obama was still just a local Illinois figure in late 2004-

The New York Times

October 25, 2004 Monday

Late Edition - Final

Illinois Democrat Wins Kenyan Hearts, in a Landslide

BYLINE: By MARC LACEY

SECTION: Section A; Column 3; Foreign Desk; Nyang'oma Journal; Pg. 4

LENGTH: 983 words

DATELINE: NYANG'OMA, Kenya, Oct. 19

The Philadelphia Inquirer

JULY 27, 2004 Tuesday CITY-D EDITION

A rising star gets a key role tonight;

Barack Obama, the keynote speaker, already has proven

he can reach across societal divides and win support.

BYLINE: Carl Chancellor INQUIRER NATIONAL STAFF

SECTION: NATIONAL; Pg. A10

LENGTH: 783 words

DATELINE: SPRINGFIELD, Ill.

Daily News (New York)

July 29, 2004 Thursday

SPORTS FINAL EDITION

ELEPHANT BLUES GOP HAS NO ONE LIKE OBAMA

BYLINE: BY STANLEY CROUCH

SECTION: EDITORIAL; Pg. 47

LENGTH: 468 words

The Washington Times

August 2, 2004 Monday

Who is Barack Obama?

BYLINE: By THE WASHINGTON TIMES

SECTION: EDITORIALS; Pg. A16

LENGTH: 481 words

The Boston Globe

July 27, 2004, Tuesday THIRD EDITION

IN OBAMA, DEMOCRATS SEE THEIR FUTURE

BYLINE: By Susan Milligan Globe staff

SECTION: METRO/REGION; Pg. B8

LENGTH: 1471 words

The Washington Times

July 29, 2004 Thursday

Obama emerges as major party player

BYLINE: By Brian A. DeBose, THE WASHINGTON TIMES

SECTION: PAGE ONE; 2004 DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION; Pg. A01

LENGTH: 910 words

USA TODAY

July 29, 2004, Thursday, FIRST EDITION

Address throws Illinois' Obama into whirlwind of political hope

BYLINE: Richard Benedetto

SECTION: NEWS; Pg. 6A

LENGTH: 523 words

DATELINE: BOSTON

The Globe and Mail (Canada)

July 28, 2004 Wednesday

Early Edition

Meet the Democrats' face of the future;

He has yet to hold office beyond Springfield, Ill., but 42-year-old Barack Obama

is being hailed as the man who could become America's first black president, ALAN FREEMAN reports from the Democratic convention

BYLINE: ALAN FREEMAN

SECTION: INTERNATIONAL NEWS; Pg. A10

LENGTH: 758 words

DATELINE: BOSTON

The Washington Post

August 5, 2004 Thursday

Final Edition

Barack Obama, Shaking Up The Sound-Bite Culture

BYLINE: Tina Brown

SECTION: Style; C01 , TINA BROWN

LENGTH: 949 words

USA TODAY

October 14, 2004, Thursday, FINAL EDITION

Obama extends reach beyond Illinois race

BYLINE: Debbie Howlett

SECTION: NEWS; Pg. 14A

LENGTH: 1393 words

DATELINE: CHICAGO

You are so wrong it's unbelievable. Go ahead though keep spewing this nonsense if it makes you feel better.

No, he's pretty much dead on. You don't have to look much further than Pasta Joe to see the left wing hypocrisy in action. Three months ago he was decrying the sexism that was helping to bring down his candidate. Now he gleefully joins in the same party.

No, he's pretty much dead on. You don't have to look much further than Pasta Joe to see the left wing hypocrisy in action. Three months ago he was decrying the sexism that was helping to bring down his candidate. Now he gleefully joins in the same party.

Negative. Most people do not like Palin because she is a moron and has no business being second in charge of this great nation. Plain as day.