Is Perry Fewell Mentally Retarded?

As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree. And these have been my thoughts about Schobel for more than just the beginning of this season. I don't know about him being cut or traded (Although it's certainly not implausible at this point) but he needs to step it up and start playing at the same level of the money he is making. NO sacks against Mike fricken Gandy?!?!?!? Erik Flowers could've went out there and got more pressure and maybe even a sack or two against that scrub. I could've accepted the fact of him coming out of the game without a sack if he was getting consistent pressure on Warner, but he wasn't doing anything near that. When you have so much money invested on three defensive ends, there should be no reason to not get pressure from the corners AT LEAST once in a while when rushing four. We shouldn't have to depend on blitzes to get in a quarterback's face all game. Although, we didn't blitz enough or effectively yesterday either. Denney and Kelsay also need to start getting after the quarterback, but Schobel is the one that is supposed to be our Pro-bowler and the guy that brings pressure off the edge, especially in passing situations. He needs to start playing better for this defense to be as successful as it can be. Period.

I was being sarcastic. The guy was a game time decision, and according to the guys with football experience that are paid to work those games for the network, they didn't think his play was all that bad, and didn't use the excuse that he was a game time decision.

Could he play better? Sure

Would I say he is a Pro bowler right now? No

Could a foot injury be holding him back a little? Probably

The entire defence needs to improve, and it would be nice to see Schoebel rack up some Sacks, but those aren't the only stats that determine a good DE.

As for gandy, he has actually been pretty good for the Cards at RT. He was horrendous for the Bills at LT, and was mediocre as a Guard, but sometimes a change of scenery or position works. And I believe some even said that he may have been alright in buffalo if they were to have used him as a RT.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Is Perry Fewell Stupid? or Is Perry Fewell Mentally Handicapped? (that one would still be offensive to me.) or Does Perry Fewell know how to coach... There are many much less offensive options.

I stand by my comments about a thread with that title shouldn't be taken seriously.

How about growing a pair?

(No offense intended)

The Jets handed us a blueprint on how to handle Kurt Warner and the Cardinals. PF chose to ignore that and get dinked and dunked for 40 points. From halftime I pinned this loss on coaching, specifically the defensive gameplan and it's lack of adjustment.

Exactly, you have to figure that at some point, you might as well change it up and try. Whats the worst that could happen, the Cards offence scores? They were doing that running the defence you had out there already

And the Bills have blitzed many times this year, sending guys like youbouty or Whitner in on a blitz. It wasn't that they don't have the personal, it was that their game plan was not to get burned by "the big play", it was one of the keys to the game that they had on CBS's coverage. They were affraid to send in a Safety or CB to blitz because they felt that they might get burned on a big play.

As for Schoebel or Stroud, yes, i believe they were questionable up to game time, but don't tell anyone else that, Schoebel sucks and should be cut or traded this offseason cause he is overpaid and not a Pro Bowler (even though he has been to 2 of them), and unlike another Bills Pro bowler, he actually played in the game

No one questions Schobel's heart. I think he gives it 100%. Its just that he is a non-factor.

I agree. It's unsettling that the coaches all stood by watching the drubbing with no adjustments.

Wow, its been a long time since I posted but some I certainly recognize your name. Probably should have kept my old one handy so the vets might remember me.

"LeftOverture"

Wow, its been a long time since I posted but some I certainly recognize your name. Probably should have kept my old one handy so the vets might remember me.

"LeftOverture"

Good to be back, although I have been busy supporting my local Bills Backers here in Cold Blue MN. Just haven't been out to the boards for a long while. I guess watching brutal games on a big screen with my fellow Bills Backers here was sufficient torture:)

I forgot how good it felt to vent or celebrate here after games, and it was good to see the names of Promo, VOR, cablelady, Lori, Rockpile, Simon and several others that I recognize.

Good to be back, although I have been busy supporting my local Bills Backers here in Cold Blue MN. Just haven't been out to the boards for a long while. I guess watching brutal games on a big screen with my fellow Bills Backers here was sufficient torture:)

I forgot how good it felt to vent or celebrate here after games, and it was good to see the names of Promo, VOR, cablelady, Lori, Rockpile, Simon and several others that I recognize.

Welcome home Lefty. ;)

I remember you as a rock solid poster.

Of course, my memory is oft-addled. :lol:

I think any thread that begins with calling someone retarded questions intelligence of thread starter.

probably right G.Host. I'm not going to argue with a vet. My point was only that the topic of Fewell's inept game plan and lack of adjustment was a worthy topic - even if stumbled upon by the most politically inept of posters.

How are you doing G.Host I am making my rounds catching up with those whom I have agreed with (or blasted) in the past?

LeftOverture