Every team is due a bad week right?!?!?!

zow2

- I'm not going to start picking names on the D but they all stunk. The AZ defense was mmuch more physical than ours. The Bills just sat back and reacted all day....they need to be proactive. What a joke today. They were exposed on 3rd downs and cannot contain a good short passing game.

- I thought the Cards were masterful at calling plays today. They had the Bills D totally off balance. They ran some in obvious passing situations and threw in many running situations. It all worked.

- Speaking of physical. I thought the Cards were borderline dirty today. The hit on Trent when he drove his helmet into Trant's facemask and down into the turf was rough. There were several plays where Cardinal defenders strafed their knees over Bills RB's or WR's when they were already down and giving that forearm to the neck as they were getting off the pile. The Cards were just waaaaay more physical than Buffalo today.

- I love the Beast but I'm getting a bit concerned. He seems to do his best running when in improvisational mode. I think he's making the O-line look worse than they really are. If freddie got as many touches, I believe he'd be more productive right now. Freddie runs the play as called, hits the hole and doesn't dance around. Marshawn isn't following his blocks and it's noticeable.

- Lee Evans should have the ball thrown to him at least 12-14 times a game.

- This game was a microcosm of JP's entire career. He's got his one trick up his sleeve (bomb) and no other game to speak of. He has no pocket presence, no clock in his head, terrible with ball security, has a penchant for taking huge sacks and generally makes the O-line look much worse than they are. This would be a 5-11 team with JP at the helm. I kinda' feel bad for him. Little did he know that Edwards' injury may have cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars. After this game, any team that may have given him a chance to be their starter next year just crossed that idea off their list. JP is headed for the same place that players like Harringotn and Carr are at. A career backup at best,

- Cheer up. They lost to an NFC team and are still 4-1. No one wins every week in the NFL. I'm sure people in Green Bay weren't anticipating a loss to the Falcons at home. Weird things happen every week.

- I'm not going to start picking names on the D but they all stunk. The AZ defense was mmuch more physical than ours. The Bills just sat back and reacted all day....they need to be proactive. What a joke today. They were exposed on 3rd downs and cannot contain a good short passing game.

- I thought the Cards were masterful at calling plays today. They had the Bills D totally off balance. They ran some in obvious passing situations and threw in many running situations. It all worked.

- Speaking of physical. I thought the Cards were borderline dirty today. The hit on Trent when he drove his helmet into Trant's facemask and down into the turf was rough. There were several plays where Cardinal defenders strafed their knees over Bills RB's or WR's when they were already down and giving that forearm to the neck as they were getting off the pile. The Cards were just waaaaay more physical than Buffalo today.

- I love the Beast but I'm getting a bit concerned. He seems to do his best running when in improvisational mode. I think he's making the O-line look worse than they really are. If freddie got as many touches, I believe he'd be more productive right now. Freddie runs the play as called, hits the hole and doesn't dance around. Marshawn isn't following his blocks and it's noticeable.

- Lee Evans should have the ball thrown to him at least 12-14 times a game.

- This game was a microcosm of JP's entire career. He's got his one trick up his sleeve (bomb) and no other game to speak of. He has no pocket presence, no clock in his head, terrible with ball security, has a penchant for taking huge sacks and generally makes the O-line look much worse than they are. This would be a 5-11 team with JP at the helm. I kinda' feel bad for him. Little did he know that Edwards' injury may have cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars. After this game, any team that may have given him a chance to be their starter next year just crossed that idea off their list. JP is headed for the same place that players like Harringotn and Carr are at. A career backup at best,

- Cheer up. They lost to an NFC team and are still 4-1. No one wins every week in the NFL. I'm sure people in Green Bay weren't anticipating a loss to the Falcons at home. Weird things happen every week.

I agree completely with every point, especially the Marshawn and Lee Evans points. Marshawn does not explode into the hole like Fredrick does. Also, Lee Evans is a great reciever, but from what I see, he rarely gets the ball thrown to him. Maybe that is becuase his is not open as a result of double teams.

All good points. Agreed.....Only two teams have gone 16-0 in the history of NFL...Who thought the Fish will be able to handle the Chargers or the Broncos losing in a blowout in KC. These things happen. I am glad we had this right before the bye week. It will allow the team to heal and get a little healthy. They missed Edwards, Parrish, Simpson and McGee however you may slice and dice.

It goes to show that the Bills depth is misplaced right from the QB position to STs. We do not have sufficient depth at these positions.

IMO, all young teams have to go through a process of learning how to win. They've already proven to themselves that they can come back in the 4th quarter. Now they got their first big and embarrassing loss of the season. The question now is how do they respond? Do they learn from it and come out fired up in 2 weeks and get back to winning or do they lose confidence and stumble through the next few games?

I think we should have all expected a bad loss sooner or later. Now, how they respond against the Chargers will tell us how the season ends. Again, in my opinion.

Consider this, the 2007 Super Bowl champion New York Giants had a couple of clunkers last season on their way to becoming champs:

Week 2: Lost to Gren Bay Packers 35-13

Week 12: Lost to Minnesota Vikings 41-17 (very same score the Bills lost by today!)

It happens. It was a bad day all the way around. How they rebound will be the key. The Giants won in weeks 3 & 13 following those clunkers.

The Cardinals played like a desperate hungry team. They likely were humiliated all week looking at Favre throwing for 6 td's again and again. The Jets humiliated them even going for 2 when they had the game won. A good team is going to want to redeem itself and the Cards played with a chip on their shoulder. Showed big time on special teams as twice our returners got jacked up.

It appeared the game plan was to play the conservative cover 2 not giving up the long play. As a result, Warner picked us apart with slants and intermediate throws. I can only guess the the coaches were thinking Warner would eventually beat himself with turnovers and sacks. Maybe they were afraid of having McKelvin out there. Few blitzes, , no "creep", no pressure, lotsa time for crossing routes. Warner has always been a quick release guy that needs his timing disrupted. Wr's were releasing too easy. Lotta long drives, lotta play calls, tired defense on its heels, recipe for a blowout.

Boneheaded plays didn't help. Delay of game on second and 2, lining up in nuetral zone on a third down (Bryan), nuetral zone on FG (Jenkins), Royal dropping the ball (replay or not what was that?), countless Cards coming through untouched (one almost killed Lynch), 15 yard drops by QB on a screen play. Just a bad day.

I will take a 4-1 start and suggest they don't need to fix a lot. Getting Edwards and McGee back on the field will help. I am not against giving Duke Preston a shot a C. I am curious about Chris Ellis. Seemed like he was a good edge rusher in preseason. Might be a change of pace to throw in there occasionally like Hargrove used to be.

Consider this, the 2007 Super Bowl champion New York Giants had a couple of clunkers last season on their way to becoming champs:

Week 2: Lost to Gren Bay Packers 35-13

Week 12: Lost to Minnesota Vikings 41-17 (very same score the Bills lost by today!)

It happens. It was a bad day all the way around. How they rebound will be the key. The Giants won in weeks 3 & 13 following those clunkers.

Thanks for the voice of reason at a time like this...then again, your signature isn't helping my confidence any! :thumbdown:

:D

After what I saw today I would willingly trade JP Losman for a mid round draft pick and go with Hamden as the backup QB......and then find a veteran guy to put behind Edwards next year.

I dont care anymore if Losman can throw the ball a mile.......he is not a playmaker when the plays have to be made and he has this frustrating infuriating habit of tacking sacks at the worst possible times. For instance on some of the plays Losman got sacked today Edwards with his quick thinking mind would have flipped it to somebody to not take negative play....he has ALREADY dont that some this season. Because Edwards has a quick release defenses dont bring the farm at him the way they do Losman.....who frankly looks like he shuts down when teams dial up blitzes.

I am just sick of his game.......absolutely sick of it. There are going to be games this year when the offense is going to have to bail out the defense and this was one of those games.

After what I saw today I would willingly trade JP Losman for a mid round draft pick and go with Hamden as the backup QB......and then find a veteran guy to put behind Edwards next year.

I dont care anymore if Losman can throw the ball a mile.......he is not a playmaker when the plays have to be made and he has this frustrating infuriating habit of tacking sacks at the worst possible times. For instance on some of the plays Losman got sacked today Edwards with his quick thinking mind would have flipped it to somebody to not take negative play....he has ALREADY dont that some this season. Because Edwards has a quick release defenses dont bring the farm at him the way they do Losman.....who frankly looks like he shuts down when teams dial up blitzes.

I am just sick of his game.......absolutely sick of it. There are going to be games this year when the offense is going to have to bail out the defense and this was one of those games.

I agree with you about JP. I think on the sack where he turned it over....Robert Royal was standing wide open 7 yards in front of him. Trent would have checked down to him. JP just cannot process the information fast enough to make a quick decision. That's just the tip of his problems. Anyway, don;t mean to turn this into another JP thread....

The penalties yesterday also showed how mentally out of it they were. Anyone on D who lines up offsides the rest of the season should get find $100,000 per incident. Seriously.