Edwards

jeanniel12

Trent is more of a ball control QB, long methodical drives, not quick hit TDs. Our D would have had longer breaks and would have been on the field a lot less. Tough to predict the outcome though.

Yeah after being way behind because the Birds score every time they touch the ball, a nice long time consumimg drive is just what the Bills needed to win when they finally got the ball back after the ensuing kickoff by the Cards after every Cards TD.

If edwards did not get hurt, do you think we would have won?

I think it would have been a different game. More T.O.P for Buffalo, as Trent would control the clock with underneath passing game. Schonert went away from it as it is not JP's strength. The guy just cannot make a quick read and deliver a strike on rhythm most of the time. Hence the hanging on to the ball, fumbles, INT's, sacks and general mayhem. An efficient QB like Edwards is a calming presence out there,plain and simple. That inspires confidence. I think we would still have lost the game with Edwards, albeit by a much smaller margin. But it would have been winnable with a few key big plays. Those usually come when the team is playing confidently so you never know. TE's string of 4th quarter comebacks might have continued. The D deserves a ton of blame in this, as they did not step up and make big plays. JP put them in some awful situations though. The pass rush is M.I.A., and I think I saw Aaron Schobel's pic on a milk carton this morning. Better fix that quick or the losses will start to pile up.

Yeah that was the problem. The long TD pass from JP to Evans while the game was still in reach did not take enough time off the clock.

See, that's the problem with JP fans. The long ball is nice, but if you don't do very much else well as a quarterback, it usually doesn't traanslate to wins on the field. Your comment sounds funny, but there is some truth to it. You are battling the clock as well as your opponent, and when your D is somewhat overmatched, a methodical decisive QB can keep their offense off the field. NFL games are not the same as punt pass and kick competitions, at which Losman probably has no peer.

How many TDs were given up as opposed to being coughed up? The line can't hold the defense off for 8 seconds, which is about what JP needs.

After the first sack and fumble the announcer ran throught the play and only counted to four. so yeah maybe 8 seconds would have been nice.

Warner seemed to have that long.

See, that's the problem with JP fans. The long ball is nice, but if you don't do very much else well as a quarterback, it usually doesn't traanslate to wins on the field. Your comment sounds funny, but there is some truth to it. You are battling the clock as well as your opponent, and when your D is somewhat overmatched, a methodical decisive QB can keep their offense off the field. NFL games are not the same as punt pass and kick competitions, at which Losman probably has no peer.

If the Bills were winning, or the defense even kept the game close, a time consuming offense would have been the way to go. I think even with JP in the game Turk would have called that type of game. As the game went on however, & the Cards kept scoring points, Turk had no choice but to call a quick strike attack. He would have done so even if Trent was the QB. That is the problem with JP haters, they don't understand JP just ran the plays Turk called as best he could.

Most likely, yes. Once JP Losman stepped onto the field, the team lost faith. They lost their Captain QB, their leader!

The biggest change was probably the Cardinals put 8 men in box to stop Lynch and dared JP to throw. He got away with one deep ball, but for the most part with the rest of the team making crucial mistakes, it did not matter.

I don't know if they would have won but I think it would have been closer. Would have won if they could have figured out how to stop the dink and dunk passing game of the Cards. After the first 4 scoring drives you would have thought they could have figured it out.

If edwards did not get hurt, do you think we would have won?

We would have lost today's game even if we'd had Joe Montana in his prime back there. Our defense let the Cards score practically every time they touched the ball. Our offensive line turned in another bad performance.

That said, I thought the play calling demonstrated little faith in Losman. It doesn't seem like the coaching staff trusts Losman to pick defenses apart with short to intermediate passes the way Edwards can. What we saw today is standard-issue Losman: a QB who lives and dies by the big play, because he lacks the ability to sustain many-play drives. Defensive coordinators don't exactly lose much sleep over the thought of Losman carving up their defenses with a million small cuts.

Maybe. Ball control would have been better. Defense would not have been on the field as much. Fewer turnovers and sacks. The team plays hard for Edwards. Not for JP.

If that's really true, it is time to change the rest of the team. That is simply unacceptable. Players get hurt and the rest of the team can't pout, or go half-speed, when it happens.

If you seriously believe the rest of the team changed the way they play, because of JP coming in at QB, then how can you even root for a bunch of losers like that?

If that's really true, it is time to change the rest of the team. That is simply unacceptable. Players get hurt and the rest of the team can't pout, or go half-speed, when it happens.

If you seriously believe the rest of the team changed the way they play, because of JP coming in at QB, then how can you even root for a bunch of losers like that?

I agree, if you're so delusional that you think the entire Bills squad shares your sediments on Losman, then please, enlighten me on how you can root for them.