What we know about the Bills going into the bye week

Virgil

1) Regardless of reason, this team plays better for Trent Edwards

2) JP. Sorry, but it's never gonna happen here in Buffalo for you

3) Our O-Line is the biggest black eye on the team. Peters is still not back yet. We get no push. We will not get anywhere in the playoffs, if we make it, if this isn't addressed.

4) Our D-Line, by itself, still can not generate a pass rush by itself. I don't care what other players around the league say, Schobel and Kelsay are overpaid for what they actually do and Stroud hasn't shown up since week 1.

5) Terrence McGee is incredibly underrated. Wow did we miss him.

6) Special teams has not been so special since week 1.

Overall, I was prepared for a loss this week, but I believe that any other good team in the league would walk into that game and all of us would expect a win. We didn't just lose, we were humiliated. As a positive, i'm glad we have all of our weaknesses exposed before a bye week so we can make the appropriate adjustments. I think the Chargers game is going to tell us a lot about who we are. There is a big difference between 4-2 and 5-1.

3) Our O-Line is the biggest black eye on the team. Peters is still not back yet. We get no push. We will not get anywhere in the playoffs, if we make it, if this isn't addressed.

4) Our D-Line, by itself, still can not generate a pass rush by itself. I don't care what other players around the league say, Schobel and Kelsay are overpaid for what they actually do and Stroud hasn't shown up since week 1.

On O-line, a huge problem is that there is NO running game. Sadly, Jackson hits the holes better than Lynch. Lynch is stronger and is a beast but Jackson looks like the more effective back. (HEresy I know.) In any event, the Bills must get a running game going or whatever QB is in there is dead.

Imagine if AZ had played Boldin today!

Trent is the most important guy on our team.

JP is still awful.

The O Line is coming apart. I blame it ALL on Peters. He looks terrible and very undeserving of a contract.

Stroud played well in wek 2, but yes he hasn't shown up as much since then. Schobel needs to start getting sacks.

Yes, we did need McGee.

ST was good in week 2. The Parrish injury has hurt us.

The Trent injury is what killed us. Yeah, we played bad overall and the Cards played well, but Trent getting hurt was the turning point of the game. We need him.

Yes and yes. Either demote him to third string or cut him, but there's no real reason to keep running him out there for any reason. Maybe he'll become a backup somewhere else, but it's never ever happening in Buffalo. Just get it over with.

I agree wholeheartedly with points 3-6, but I think that the Bills would've been blown out regardless of who's taking snaps at QB

I completely agree. While it seems i'm talking only about the Cardinals game, I'm actually just giving my opinion on the team as a whole up until the bye week.

JP looked lost after the second quarter. I had hoped that sitting on the bench would be good for him but he is terrible. As one of his biggest fans that was painful and i knew s soon as we lost edwards we were screwed. Trent better be back against SD or its gonna be another long day.

JP was not the only problem tho. I worried about our D before today and this was a horrible showing. Arizona has a good offense so im not trying to take anything from them but we couldnt stop anything today and it was pretty pathetic

Mcgee is needed on this team for specail teams and Defense especially. And i missed Roscoe today we could have used his playmaking ability

If Jenkins doesn't jump offsides, the Cards are up by plenty.

Royal fumbled.

They would have been up by 10 with a quarter and half left......

instead they ended up scoring 7....then the next play after Royal "fumbles" and were down 17 going into the 4th quarter...

Trent is the most important guy on our team.

JP is still awful.

The O Line is coming apart. I blame it ALL on Peters. He looks terrible and very undeserving of a contract.

Stroud played well in wek 2, but yes he hasn't shown up as much since then. Schobel needs to start getting sacks.

Yes, we did need McGee.

ST was good in week 2. The Parrish injury has hurt us.

The Trent injury is what killed us. Yeah, we played bad overall and the Cards played well, but Trent getting hurt was the turning point of the game. We need him.

I'm not sure I can say the 3rd play of the game was the turning point. I'd say it was somewhere in the 2nd quarter when we continually gave up 3rd and long on the slant, allowing the Cards to calmly march down the field and score at will.

Warner was a man on a mission today. He was embarrassed last week and he clearly looked as if he was taking no prisoners. Just remember that even Kelly's Bills had their butts kicked on the road sometimes even in those Superbowl years. I'm confident that our team will get back on the right track in two weeks. Don't everyone get too down in the dumps about this one.

5) Terrence McGee is incredibly underrated. Wow did we miss him.

6) Special teams has not been so special since week 1.

Overall, I was prepared for a loss this week, but I believe that any other good team in the league would walk into that game and all of us would expect a win. We didn't just lose, we were humiliated. As a positive, i'm glad we have all of our weaknesses exposed before a bye week so we can make the appropriate adjustments. I think the Chargers game is going to tell us a lot about who we are. There is a big difference between 4-2 and 5-1.

1 and 2 dead on!

3. I think the O line needs work but the Cards stacked the line because they had little to fear from JP.

4. Schobel had a decent game today. The D line can't be judged by this game. They were on the field so much today no significant criticism can be made. They were tired as hell.

5. Dead on!

6. Dead on. They've been getting a pass by the media because of what they were and not what they are right now. I'm mainly talking about ST defense.

4. Schobel had a decent game today. The D line can't be judged by this game. They were on the field so much today no significant criticism can be made. They were tired as hell.

They were tired of their own making.

Schobel again was almost non-existent. He gets tossed around out there.

Warner was a man on a mission today. He was embarrassed last week and he clearly looked as if he was taking no prisoners. Just remember that even Kelly's Bills had their butts kicked on the road sometimes even in those Superbowl years. I'm confident that our team will get back on the right track in two weeks. Don't everyone get too down in the dumps about this one.

Good post and you're right on. Anytime we played on the road in KC and Pittsburgh during the superbowl years we looked just as bad as the Bills looked today (often worse). We will see what resiliency this team has in two weeks and division play will make or break the year anyway