OJ

Boomer860

OJ Simpsons name should be taken off the Wall of Fame. Was he a great football player , but most people that see his name there think of OJ the criminal , is that what the Bills fans want .

The TV commentators never fail to mention his name in a bad light is that what we want? Maybe we could put bars across his name to remind everyone who he really is. His criminality far exceeds his playing ability . What is he more famous for his playing ability or his criminality. The Bills want to be known as a class organization as they are. Marv always said character matters , so tkae OJ's name off the Wall. Think about this when people of today see his name on the Wall , what so they think about?

Why? Did he steal or kill when he was a Bill?

:worthy::worthy:

No but in this day and age he is a disgrace to the team and the other players on the wall. I doubt you ever saw him play in person,I have . Maybe you could send him a care package in prison or get an autograph . He has disgraced his own record. and as more time goes by the only thing he really be remembered for is being a murdering scumbag. :wallbash:

No but in this day and age he is a disgrace to the team and the other players on the wall. I doubt you ever saw him play in person,I have . Maybe you could send him a care package in prison or get an autograph . He has disgraced his own record. and as more time goes by the only thing he really be remembered for is being a murdering scumbag. :wallbash:

Yes. I saw him play in person... I am 40 years old and almost alwys took in a game or two each season at Rich when under 10.

That being said... Anybody remember when he was hospitalized with an injury?... My mother-in-law was a RN... She remembers OJ checking in as "Mr. Treesweet."... :worthy::worthy:

OJ Simpsons name should be taken off the Wall of Fame. Was he a great football player , but most people that see his name there think of OJ the criminal , is that what the Bills fans want .

The TV commentators never fail to mention his name in a bad light is that what we want? Maybe we could put bars across his name to remind everyone who he really is. His criminality far exceeds his playing ability . What is he more famous for his playing ability or his criminality. The Bills want to be known as a class organization as they are. Marv always said character matters , so tkae OJ's name off the Wall. Think about this when people of today see his name on the Wall , what so they think about?

Go to a Dr. and get fixed.

He is on the Wall because of his contribution ON THE FIELD to Bills' football. No need for revisionist history, here.

and besides, some of us are able to realize the difference between the man and the athlete....the people who aren't able to...well...not much I can say

He is on the Wall because of his contribution ON THE FIELD to Bills' football. No need for revisionist history, here.

Exactly. They don't honor the players because they had a good after football career, they honor them for what they did as a Bill on the field.

OJ will always be a Buffalo Bill, unless someone can get that Delorean and change history. What he did after his Bills career has nothing to do with the bills themselves, and I hardly believe that anyone associates teh bills with what he did later on in life

and besides, some of us are able to realize the difference between the man and the athlete....the people who aren't able to...well...not much I can say

Too bad he didn't get acquitted of the murder in 1969 huh? We could have cheered a murderer (you know, for his on the field exploits) and the gave him thunderous ovations as they wrote his name on the Wall of Fame.

God how ridiculous. The guy is a murderer (confirmed by all but 12 ninnies at the time). He's a wife beater (confirmed). He's a dirtbag (confirmed). He's going to jail again (confirmed).

But sure, absolve him of all that because he was a good football player. That's an excellent message. Really great. Here's hoping the Bills draft the next Lawrence Phillips.

Too bad he didn't get acquitted of the murder in 1969 huh? We could have cheered a murderer (you know, for his on the field exploits) and the gave him thunderous ovations as they wrote his name on the Wall of Fame.

God how ridiculous. The guy is a murderer (confirmed by all but 12 ninnies at the time). He's a wife beater (confirmed). He's a dirtbag (confirmed). He's going to jail again (confirmed).

But sure, absolve him of all that because he was a good football player. That's an excellent message. Really great. Here's hoping the Bills draft the next Lawrence Phillips.

dude....putting words in someone's mouth is a form of dishonesty...a terrible character trait. No one's absolving him of anything. The Wall of Fame is there to celebrate contributions to Buffalo Bills football, pure and simple. You can't change the past no matter how much you try. Everything the Wall of Fame is based on happened long before the murders...back before he was a total scumbag. I find it hard to believe anyone would've brought him in had he committed the murders back in 1969...your post is beyond ridiculous besides being based on lies.

Yes he is the Juice, but the !@#$ up eliminated any possibility of seeing any of his highlights again. When was the last time anyone saw one of his incredible runs?

Just last week. Boomer had him on the Closing of Shea special getting his 2003 yds.

Nobody circles the wagons....

You're the guy who said we need to separate the man and the athlete. Why does it matter that he's a wife beater? Why does it matter when he beat his wife? Before he was a Bill. After. During. Who cares, right? Great athlete.

My reaction to the fact that you (and others) admire your abilities to separate the athlete from the dirtbag so casually...to quote you, "well...not much I can say."

He isn't on the wall for being a great (or even good) human being. You seem to be suggesting that personal character (unrelated to sports) should be a pre-requisite for athletic honors. Perhaps is should be. I have no strong feelings, either way. But, I'm fairly sure that most people understand that the reason OJ is on the wall is because he was a great football player, not a great human being.

Now, with that said, if you believe personal character (and not simply sports-related offenses) should be an essential part of athletic honors, then I would suggest that all the existing Hall of Fames, the Heisman, the MVP's, nearly ever honor bestowed on an athlete needs to be revisited and "adjusted". And, we will have some major disagreements about what constitutes the criteria for de-listing. With any luck, we could eliminate maybe 75% of the honored athletes from their awards.

After further review, I like it! Let's purge any honors for every athlete that has violated our moral or legal sensibilities, before, during or after their careers.

Just last week. Boomer had him on the Closing of Shea special getting his 2003 yds.

Nobody circles the wagons....

If it was his 2003rd yard it was a short run off the left side...a boring run. Vintage juice (did somebody say wine?) was him slipping through a paper thin hole and scampering for 60 yards.