The official Biden/Palin debate thread

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't a lot to do on my college campus either, it was stuck in the middle of Pennsyltucky Amish country (we could hear the clip-clop-clip-clop of the horses as they rode by :lol:). But at least we had alcohol and condoms

I spent the summer of '82 in Lancaster working for a guy who had a mobile pig roast pit that we'd take around the northeast to county fairs and festivals. I could never get used to being wakened at sunrise to the sounds of horses and buggies going past his house. It was truly like being in a time warp. Unfortunately, I was too young too appreciate it and I've always wanted to return.

That's right. I'm saying let's do the time warp again.

After all, it's just a jump to the left...

As opposed to the "let's sit down with no preconditions" plan of Obama and Mr. Joe "What do you mean we only have enough botox for one eye?" Biden. :lol::unsure::lol:

Biden's botox was horribly bad. But if gave him a cool/freaky joker-like appearance when he raised eyebrows. Someone needs to tell him that when you raise your brows, your forehead should naturally wrinkle.

As for the rest of the debate, everything's been said already in this thread. Palin scared me with the VP/power comment. Biden look like there were a few times that he just wanted to reach over and smack her. I'd say both of them probably performed as expected. Palin is obviously in waaaay over her head. I wanted to ask Biden what he fundamentally thinks about the fundamental problems facing the fundamental voters in this fundamental election.

For me, the best part was their exchanges on voting and the sub-prime mortgage crisis;

Palin: Obama voted against bill X 12 times

Biden: yeah well McCain voted against it 67 times

Palin: yeah, well Obama voted against it 239 times

Biden well, i just checked and McCain voted against it 1,682 times

I was waiting for one of them to say "yeah well your guy voted against it infinity times," with the response of, "yeah, your guy voted against it infinity times infinity times."

I was waiting for one of them to say "yeah well your guy voted against it infinity times," with the response of, "yeah, your guy voted against it infinity times infinity times."

NO BACKSIE!!!! :lol::unsure::lol:

There was a moment when I turned to my wife and said "It's right about here where Ifill should ask Biden if he thinks there are times when it's okay to beat a woman."

My father used to beat his second wife. Biden had that exact same look on his face.

NO BACKSIE!!!! :lol::unsure::lol:

There was a moment when I turned to my wife and said "It's right about here where Ifill should ask Biden if he thinks there are times when it's okay to beat a woman."

My father used to beat his second wife. Biden had that exact same look on his face.

My old man used to give me the same look Biden was giving her, the clenched teeth forced smile. It was usually when i did something stupid with other people around and was followed with a barely audible, "i aughtta punch the sh-- outta you for doing/saying that." I have a feeling Biden was suppressing similar feelings.

My wife and I watched it on MSNBC. After a few minutes in when they realized Palin wasn't going to answer any of the questions, they started putting the question up on the bottom of the screen. Pretty hilarious. The bankruptcy question was a riot. If you didn't have the question plastered on the bottom of the TV screen you'd have thought she was answering an energy question.

That is funny. Did MSNBC also do that for the questions Biden didn't answer, or was their coverage just their own version of SNL? I watched it on PBS, and heard moderator Gwen Ifill protest several times that neither candidate had answered the question proffered.

That is funny. Did MSNBC also do that for the questions Biden didn't answer, or was their coverage just their own version of SNL? I watched it on PBS, and heard moderator Gwen Ifill protest several times that neither candidate had answered the question proffered.

You know what was really funny? Leading up to the debate, EVERYTHING on MSNBC was how important this debate is and how critical it is and how it can play a pivotal role in the presidential election unlike any other VP debate.

The minute it was over and they got Geraldine Ferrarro to give her two cents wearing a Marty Feldman mask, the MSNBC talking heads immediately went to "Well, no one really put any weight on this debate, anyway." :lol::unsure:

They put every question up for the rest of the debate.

You know what was really funny? Leading up to the debate, EVERYTHING on MSNBC was how important this debate is and how critical it is and how it can play a pivotal role in the presidential election unlike any other VP debate.

The minute it was over and they got Geraldine Ferrarro to give her two cents wearing a Marty Feldman mask, the MSNBC talking heads immediately went to "Well, no one really put any weight on this debate, anyway." :lol::unsure:

Forget the country or who won......... I scored it Loquaciousness 37 Vacuousness 34 OT but for the gamblers out there Vacuousness covered the 5 pt. spread.

I loved it how Palin said she was going to regulate wall street and later started throwing around the slogan "get government out of the way!"

Sure, as soon as government rescues the system :lol:

Pure sloganeering. On both sides.

And she's better at it than Biden, because of her TV experience.

They agreed on gay/lesbian marriage. That was interesting.

Actually they did not agree on "marriage".

Biden said it was OK.

Palin said she would 'tolerate' legal contracts between committed same sex couples but would not call it marriage.

I take no stand. This is just what I think I heard.

Actually they did not agree on "marriage".

Biden said it was OK.

Palin said she would 'tolerate' legal contracts between committed same sex couples but would not call it marriage.

I take no stand. This is just what I think I heard.

Both were against redefining "marriage" to be anything other than between a man and a woman. Both were for extending equivalent civil rights to gay couples. I don't recall a single substantive point of disagreement they had on that topic.