If THIS team wins it all, where does it rank?

Simple question...

If this team led by Trent Edwards is the one that finally brings a Super Bowl victory to Buffalo, where would it rank vs. the teams of the early 90's? I've been pondering this a great deal over the past couple of days and I must admit I'm not entirely sure. On one hand they would be the only Bills team to do it. In theory that should earn them the title of greatest Bills team ever. But on the other hand, there's a part of me that feels like no matter what this present or future Bills teams may accomplish, I'm always going to hold those early 90's teams in the highest regard. Or perhaps some of the more "mature" fans among us, hold the AFL Championship teams above the rest? Please discuss... what say you?

Do you mean this year? Because if you do, I've got a question for you.

What happens if the sun rises in the west? Where would that rank on the list of weird stuff?

A year or two down the road, maybe. But thinking about this now is simply too early.

Do you mean this year? Because if you do, I've got a question for you.

What happens if the sun rises in the west? Where would that rank on the list of weird stuff?

A year or two down the road, maybe. But thinking about this now is simply too early.

If you won $1,000,000 in the lottery today, where would this day rank?

Simple question...

If this team led by Trent Edwards is the one that finally brings a Super Bowl victory to Buffalo, where would it rank vs. the teams of the early 90's? I've been pondering this a great deal over the past couple of days and I must admit I'm not entirely sure. On one hand they would be the only Bills team to do it. In theory that should earn them the title of greatest Bills team ever. But on the other hand, there's a part of me that feels like no matter what this present or future Bills teams may accomplish, I'm always going to hold those early 90's teams in the highest regard. Or perhaps some of the more "mature" fans among us, hold the AFL Championship teams above the rest? Please discuss... what say you?

They would still be behind the Jim Kelly days simply because of consistancy.If they have multipile years in the playoffs and a few Superbowl wins well that changes everything.If they get to the Superbowl and lose a few years in a row,then its a wash.

Come on man tap your breaks for a sec.

I am the biggest Bills homer you will ever meet. Great this team is not. Nat yet at least. first they have to learn to win. they are starting to do that. To beat everyone they have to have an established identity on offense. Although I see flashes they need to do it with some consistancy. Defensively I think we are one dominant strongside backer and another marcus stroud type from being elite. They are pretty good right now however. We all know about special teams.

That is MHO any way

GO BILLS! will be there this weekend in Arizona!

Come on man tap your breaks for a sec.

I am the biggest Bills homer you will ever meet. Great this team is not. Nat yet at least. first they have to learn to win. they are starting to do that. To beat everyone they have to have an established identity on offense. Although I see flashes they need to do it with some consistancy. Defensively I think we are one dominant strongside backer and another marcus stroud type from being elite. They are pretty good right now however. We all know about special teams.

That is MHO any way

GO BILLS! will be there this weekend in Arizona!

Didn't the title read IF this team wins it all? Some here are reacting like it reads WHEN the Bills win it all. That's the great thing about being fans. We can look ahead, we can look past teams, we can predict wins, and we can post hypothetical questions with no ramifications for the team. GO BILLS!!!

They would still be behind the Jim Kelly days simply because of consistancy.If they have multipile years in the playoffs and a few Superbowl wins well that changes everything.If they get to the Superbowl and lose a few years in a row,then its a wash.

I'm with you, drg2021. It would be the greatest season, but not the greatest team IMHO.

Didn't the title read IF this team wins it all? Some here are reacting like it reads WHEN the Bills win it all. That's the great thing about being fans. We can look ahead, we can look past teams, we can predict wins, and we can post hypothetical questions with no ramifications for the team. GO BILLS!!!

True, but if you lose touch with reality along the way, you lose credibility. You got to prognosticate realistically to be taken seriously. Anyway, we have a 4-0 start. We have shown much improvement on offense and defense. ST has consistently been elite. We have shown flashes of dominance on both sides of the ball. The team has good chemistry and good core leaders in vital positions. They have shown calmness in the face of adversity and a strong will to win. Things that championship teams do. But we have been inconsistent and have benefited from a weak schedule. Our line play has been spotty. We have played teams that were decimated with injuries. We have been relatively healthy but that could change in a second. I still feel very vulnerable if we lose a linebacker or Evans or Stroud or TE. It is just pie in the sky to be talking superbowl now. Lets enjoy watching this young team grow and savour each victory as it comes. Playoffs has been the goal. Anything else is lagniappe (Cajun for a little something extra)

True, but if you lose touch with reality along the way, you lose credibility. You got to prognosticate realistically to be taken seriously. Anyway, we have a 4-0 start. We have shown much improvement on offense and defense. ST has consistently been elite. We have shown flashes of dominance on both sides of the ball. The team has good chemistry and good core leaders in vital positions. They have shown calmness in the face of adversity and a strong will to win. Things that championship teams do. But we have been inconsistent and have benefited from a weak schedule. Our line play has been spotty. We have played teams that were decimated with injuries. We have been relatively healthy but that could change in a second. I still feel very vulnerable if we lose a linebacker or Evans or Stroud or TE. It is just pie in the sky to be talking superbowl now. Lets enjoy watching this young team grow and savour each victory as it comes. Playoffs has been the goal. Anything else is lagniappe (Cajun for a little something extra)

no sh-t....I have never mentioned SB once with this team. I am very excited about being 4-0, but I know there is a long way to go. I simply stated that by being a fan you can be unrealistic, who cares. Most posters here lost their credibility a long time ago anyway. Except for the home field advantage, fans have no affect on how a team performs. I don't agree with looking ahead, but that's your right as a fan. I guess it's just semantics, someone posts and IF question and some people overreact.