My thoughts watching the game a day later

davefan66

I DVR'd the game (was working) and am watching it without sound listening to the radio.

Here are my thoughts while watching:

1. Didn't post it here, but thought the Bills might lose the Rams game. Did not like the 1st half at all and did not see much from the Bills that would led me to believe they could win.

2. I do like Trent, very much. Love his body language, especially when things are not going right. Love his touch on the ball, puts it in some tight places were only the WR will get it. Does not get rattled. I'm not worried he will screw up every time he goes back to pass.

3. Lynch is a BEAST! Love the way he runs, just wish he was a bit more fluid with his cuts.

4. Love what the coaching staff did after halftime. Made some major adjustments that won the game.

5. This team believes they will win. That is the difference between a 0-4 and 4-0 team. Just look at the Pats* in the past, a team that imposes there will on the opponent and wins. This team is learning how to do that and has showed us the past few weeks.

6. Don't care if they "Haven't played anyone yet". Every team that has made the playoffs has played against a scrub team at some point in the season.

7. Most important, if they could play the whole game as they did in the second half, man they could absolutely be the best team in the league.

Love this team and am expecting a whole lot from them this year.

As an aside, what the heck is Leonard Little still playing in the NFL for? I got sick to my stomach every time I saw this guy during the game.

I DVR'd the game (was working) and am watching it without sound listening to the radio.

1. Didn't post it here, but thought the Bills might lose the Rams game. Did not like the 1st half at all and did not see much from the Bills that would led me to believe they could win...

3. Lynch is a BEAST! Love the way he runs, just wish he was a bit more fluid with his cuts.

4. Love what the coaching staff did after halftime. Made some major adjustments that won the game.

5. This team believes they will win. That is the difference between a 0-4 and 4-0 team. Just look at the Pats* in the past, a team that imposes there will on the opponent and wins. This team is learning how to do that and has showed us the past few weeks.

6. Don't care if they "Haven't played anyone yet". Every team that has made the playoffs has played against a scrub team at some point in the season.

7. Most important, if they could play the whole game as they did in the second half, man they could absolutely be the best team in the league.

Love this team and am expecting a whole lot from them this year...

What davefan66 said, 'cept I never once thought we'd lose, even at half-time. The team is even starting to develop what I'd call a bit of 'swagger' - going for those 2-point conversions? Unheard of in previous seasons. We just shut out another NFL team 25-0 in the 2nd half, in their house. That's a huge difference between this year's edition of the Bills and previous years.

This team is coming together and we're seeing the results of Marv's patient process...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbdown:

What davefan66 said, 'cept I never once thought we'd lose, even at half-time. The team is even starting to develop what I'd call a bit of 'swagger' - going for those 2-point conversions? Unheard of in previous seasons. We just shut out another NFL team 25-0 in the 2nd half, in their house. That's a huge difference between this year's edition of the Bills and previous years.

This team is coming together and we're seeing the results of Marv's patient process...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!! :w00t:

Yup. This important piece seems to get lost on many 'pundits'. This part of the schedule has us in the middle of 4 roadies in 6 games. I don't care about the records of these teams as much as how difficult it is just to win on the road. It's great to see Bills Nation making their presence known at our away games!

If the Bills win Sunday, are we NFC West Champs? :thumbdown:

The only thing i disagree about is Trents body language. After he threw that INT which was just bad he sits on the sidelines away from everybody. I kept looking at that C on his jersey thinking he should be rallying his troops right now, this is a game we should win and our capt is swearing to himself on the bench

Yeah. But he got himself pretty motivated after that though.

Agreed. How bout doing it after that bad pic tho. This team was down we looked lost and confused. I wanted someone to step up and rally the troops and he just sat there.

:thumbdown:

So you know all this from the few seconds they showed him on TV? Good grief.

1. Didn't post it here, but thought the Bills might lose the Rams game. Did not like the 1st half at all and did not see much from the Bills that would led me to believe they could win.

2. I do like Trent, very much. Love his body language, especially when things are not going right. Love his touch on the ball, puts it in some tight places were only the WR will get it. Does not get rattled. I'm not worried he will screw up every time he goes back to pass.

Love this team and am expecting a whole lot from them this year.

As an aside, what the heck is Leonard Little still playing in the NFL for? I got sick to my stomach every time I saw this guy during the game.

I know that during the game, I thought Jason Peters looked horrible. I'm just wondering if he looked that bad to you today, already knowing the outcome and without the emotion of watching it live.

I know that during the game, I thought Jason Peters looked horrible. I'm just wondering if he looked that bad to you today, already knowing the outcome and without the emotion of watching it live.

Yeah, he looked that bad. He had a holding penalty, a false start and was beaten cleanly for a sack by rookie Chris Long.

When 'PayMe' limped off the field, I was actually wondering if he re-tore the torn-up groin, what with carrying all that excess weight and being so outa shape and all.

Yep, looked that bad.

Seems to me his footwork and gamespeed need work, hands seem fine.

His poor footwork keeps him out of position, and when he tries to catch up, he gets in trouble.

Has a lot to do with conditioning, missing all those preseason games is definitely taking its toll on him.

The only thing i disagree about is Trents body language. After he threw that INT which was just bad he sits on the sidelines away from everybody. I kept looking at that C on his jersey thinking he should be rallying his troops right now, this is a game we should win and our capt is swearing to himself on the bench

I saw that as well, however, after the bomb to Evans for the final TD, he did the same exact thing. So I wouldn't read too much into that...

Different people react differently to a mistake. Some need to stew. Some need to sit back and calmly reflect on the mistake. Trent made a mistake, I don't see how jumping up and down on the sideline with his players is going to help him process the last play and why he made the bad throw.

You want to see bad body language and reaction after mistakes, watch the replay of the Browns-Bengals game. At least twice Derek Anderson got into the face of his wide receivers on the sidelines, and had to be separated from the WR. I think he's losing the confidence of his offense.

Different people react differently to a mistake. Some need to stew. Some need to sit back and calmly reflect on the mistake. Trent made a mistake, I don't see how jumping up and down on the sideline with his players is going to help him process the last play and why he made the bad throw.

Yeah, if would have hit Evans on the route that Evans ran (the right one) vs the route he threw to, then we'd be talking about BOTH of his long TD throws to Evans!

He knew he f'd up. I prefer the way Trent handled the situation when I think of McNab throwing a similar int lastnight. The difference being McNabb standing in the middle of the field yelling "you shoulda run THIS way" as the defender was still returning the pick.