James Hardy

Guest dog14787

but there is obviously a reason he's having a hard time getting any playing time.

Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish. Both are former 2nd round picks, just as Hardy was. Both have been in this system for a few years now. Both knew going into this season, with the drafting of Hardy, that their jobs were on the line. Both have responded. Period.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardy's time will come, and the initial plan was obviously to bring him along slowly. But with Parrish out for 4-6, Hardy WILL be on the field more. I know I'll be watching closely. He did have that nice TD catch, but that realy bad dropped pass he had last week against Oakland is still fresh in my mind.

Hardy....on pace for 64 yards on the season.

Ryan Denney....on pace for 101 yards on the season.

Justin Jenkins is going to catch more balls than Hardy I would think. The team has done a great job of not putting guys who aren't ready, out on the field to save face. Thank God for Yobouty's revival because McKelvin on a regular basis right now wouldn't look so good. Parrish isn't a disaster of a loss since Jenkins is a sharp kid. Just keep playing smart football and we will win close games.

Hardy....on pace for 64 yards on the season.

Ryan Denney....on pace for 101 yards on the season.

Suuuuuuuure, pace. Doesn't pace imply a steady accumulation? So you are saying that we will fake a FG every 3 games( all thrown to Denney of course), and that Roscoe's absence and Hardy's acquisition of experience will have no effect on his "pace"?

Hardy could very easily get 64 yards THIS sunday.....

I'm not taking that bet <_<

Sadly, I have to agree with you. I think Bills fans have a history of having unreasonable expectations from the get go. I certainly think that Hardy will be a good reciever, but he's still a rookie. You have to expect some changes and that things will not be perfect.

That said, I am looking forward to see him in the slot and in the red zone more.

Suuuuuuuure, pace. Doesn't pace imply a steady accumulation? So you are saying that we will fake a FG every 3 games( all thrown to Denney of course), and that Roscoe's absence and Hardy's acquisition of experience will have no effect on his "pace"?

Yes, but are you ready to witness such an event? Are you physically and mentally prepared for what you might see tomorrow afternoon in St. Louis, Missouri?

This is a huge game, no doubt. The chance to be 4-0? Do you know how much sh-t we can talk to everybody for the next week if (more like when) our beloved Buffalo Bills bring a beastly beatdown to the Lambs? I cannot wait...and will be fully prepared with burgers, beer, and BR's baby! GO BILLS!

Guest dog14787

James Hardy's mere Presence on the field creates mismatches and will immediately result in a smoother, more cohesive offensive unit.

I expect a good day from the offense <_<

....but, Trent has what JP will never have...brains. JP may have a great arm, great legs and escapability, however, he will never have the intelligence or ability to read defenses that Trent has.

Remarkably similar to this post.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1147309

(FWIW, "never" is a very long time and denies that personal success in life is a confluence of circumstance and the nuance of those facets in every situation.)

Automatic response system has been activated :o

<_<

Meanwhile, back in the other thread, it's titillating to watch another JP Losman bashing fest explode out of a discussion which was calling Jauron a good coach because he was able to turn around a bad team in his first year here in Buffalo with none other than JP Losman as his QB for every snap. Which of course has nothing to do with Trent Edwards amazing progress, but facts suck.

Guest dog14787

I think its safe to say judging by the response to this thread, all eyes are on James Hardy Today.

Is Hardy going to put up big numbers? Probably not, but I believe his presence on the field will make a difference and over the next 4 weeks Hardy will gain more and more playing time. I also believe before the years out James Hardy will replace Josh Reed as our #2 WR.

This will not be an indication of Josh Reeds poor play, it will be an indication of one of the best WR's in the game taking the next big step. :lol:

WR has become just as hard for NFL rookies as QB's now. Ask ANYONE involved in NFL coaching or scouting and they will tell you the same. Hardy's "lack" of production has very little to do with anything except the overwhelming amount Hardy needs to learn and put into practice. It could be week 10 until we see ANY production from James Hardy outside the red-zone, and the words "bust" do not enter the mind of any educated football fan until next season.

Guest dog14787
James Hardy's mere Presence on the field creates mismatches and will immediately result in a smoother, more cohesive offensive unit.

I expect a good day from the offense :sick:

I'll have to eat some crow on this post :wallbash: