James Hardy

Guest dog14787

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember what everyone was saying about josh reed, "get rid of him, he can't catch a cold". Look at him now, do you think we should get rid of him? me say no way Jose' !!! Give hardy some time to get accustomed to the nfl and the bills could be scarrrrrrry goooood!!!

Guest dog14787
Does anyone remember what everyone was saying about josh reed, "get rid of him, he can't catch a cold". Look at him now, do you think we should get rid of him? me say no way Jose' !!! Give hardy some time to get accustomed to the nfl and the bills could be scarrrrrrry goooood!!!

On one hand everyone understands its going to take time for James Hardy to develop and on the other hand we are asking Hardy to perform at a high level now, we can't have it both ways.

Missing Roscoe Parish was very evident today, Roscoe plays awful big for such a small fella.

That is exactly why I said he was our 'toughest player' in a post a week or two ago.

Pound for pound there is nobody more physical than Roscoe Parish

Guest dog14787
That is exactly why I said he was our 'toughest player' in a post a week or two ago.

Pound for pound there is nobody more physical than Roscoe Parish

Pound for pound there may not be anybody more important right now than Roscoe Parish. I'm glad we have a break after the Cardinals game so it will minimize the impact of losing our little, BIG, playmaker.

I didn't realize how important Roscoe Parish was until watching our offense struggle without him. TE's ability to muster through the lost rhythm with Parish out almost by sheer will, while very dramatic and exciting to watch is going to get TE killed, especially as poorly as the O-line is playing. :rolleyes:

Roscoe Parish is like a rocket coming off the line of scrimage which allows TE a quick relief valve and puts extreme pressure on the opposing defense because of the dangers Roscoe Parish represents once the ball is in his hands.

Two different styles, speeds, caliber, everything when you compare the rookie James Hardy to Roscoe Parish.

In my opinion because of the contrast in styles, a different approach should be used in filling the #3 WR position during Roscoe Parish's absence.

Roscoe the rocket Parish, we really miss you.

James Hardy for the most part has just been watching the more experienced veterans, learning the offense and waiting for an opportunity to help his fellow teamates on the playing field. Already in his young NFL career Hardy has came out and clearly shown us why the Buffalo Bills drafted the 6-5, 220 pound WR out of Indiana. Hardy's height and big frame is expected to pay big dividends down deep in the red zone when the yardage gets tough, open spaces are scarce and about the only way to find open space is up. Up where only a small percentage of DB's in the NFL can go, up where TE can find James Hardy, and TE will.

I know how fond everyone is of Roscoe Parish, myself included, but I also know we have a very bright OC in Turk Shonert who has no intentions of letting his playmakers sit on the sidelines watching ball games. Shonerts playmakers will continue to make plays and Roscoe parish will be back soon enough making plays, helping the Buffalo Bills win ball games.

Everyone here at TBD probably knows how I feel, along with most of you my expectations are very high for our Buffalo Bills this year. I have this gut feeling we are onto something big, but up until now something seemed to be missing, a missing piece to the puzzle for lack of a better way to describe it.

I Billieve the missing piece to the puzzle is a Tall, Rangy, no-nonsense fella out of Indiana, WR and future superstar, James Hardy, and his time is now. :thumbsup:

i dont know how you can make such a statement seeing hardy play the last 2 games. he simply is not ready for the NFL yet and after the last 2 games its very obvious that he is pressing way to hard and is no where near ready to start in this league and schonetr knows this.

after dropping all those balls when given his chance the last 2 games you noticed he went right to the bench where he belongs @ this time.

his time may or may not come this year but its quite obvious to everyone who has watched him that he is not ready to contribute on any regular basis @ this time.

Guest dog14787
i dont know how you can make such a statement seeing hardy play the last 2 games. he simply is not ready for the NFL yet and after the last 2 games its very obvious that he is pressing way to hard and is no where near ready to start in this league and schonetr knows this.

after dropping all those balls when given his chance the last 2 games you noticed he went right to the bench where he belongs @ this time.

his time may or may not come this year but its quite obvious to everyone who has watched him that he is not ready to contribute on any regular basis @ this time.

James Hardy hasn't given me much of an argument thus far, the one comment I will make though, Hardy's adjustment into the NFL is as much about TE as it is James Hardy. :thumbsup:

This from the Bills' receivers coach:

“Oh, no question,” Tolbert said. “At Indiana, he ran the route regardless of the coverage. In the NFL, you have to read the coverage on the run and be able to adjust your route based on the coverage. He had never done that before in his life. That was a big adjustment, and I was surprised coming from a Big Ten school he had never done that. Before, he just locked the route.”'

I'll take this guy's word for it. The NFL is a whole different level. No one should be writing Hardy off yet.

Guest dog14787
This from the Bills' receivers coach:

“Oh, no question,” Tolbert said. “At Indiana, he ran the route regardless of the coverage. In the NFL, you have to read the coverage on the run and be able to adjust your route based on the coverage. He had never done that before in his life. That was a big adjustment, and I was surprised coming from a Big Ten school he had never done that. Before, he just locked the route.”'

I'll take this guy's word for it. The NFL is a whole different level. No one should be writing Hardy off yet.

Being the 3rd go to guy, couldn't Shonert allow Hardy to run his routes locked and adjust accordingly?

Some of you guys know the X's and O's much better than I do, does it disrubt things to much for one WR to run a locked route? I mean I realize its not the best thing to do, but considering Hardy's height advantage he always gives you a big target to hit regardless of where he runs.

Meaning in the grand scheme of things, let Hardy run free, TE will find him.

Ok, I'm waiting, you guys can laugh at me now. :thumbsup:

I have another probably funny questions to some of you, could coaches be on the sidelines with cue cards to help a young WR out? or couldn't Josh Reed help coach Hardy on the field as the play develops?

If what Tolbert said is true and theres no way to help Hardy, its better to have a 2nd year player in the #3WR position in my opinion, or someone with more experience reading the defense.

Being the 3rd go to guy, couldn't Shonert allow Hardy to run his routes locked and adjust accordingly?

Some of you guys know the X's and O's much better than I do, does it disrubt things to much for one WR to run a locked route? I mean I realize its not the best thing to do, but considering Hardy's height advantage he always gives you a big target to hit regardless of where he runs.

Meaning in the grand scheme of things, let Hardy run free, TE will find him.

Ok, I'm waiting, you guys can laugh at me now. :thumbsup:

I have another probably funny questions to some of you, could coaches be on the sidelines with cue cards to help a young WR out? or couldn't Josh Reed help coach Hardy on the field as the play develops?

If what Tolbert said is true and theres no way to help Hardy, its better to have a 2nd year player in the #3WR position in my opinion, or someone with more experience reading the defense.

The problem with always running a locked route is that the defense will clamp down on it. If the defense knows that a particular WR is always going to run the same route, they'll just double cover that WR and prevent him from getting any kind of separation to catch the ball. Hardy's big, tall and strong, but not enough to constantly have to fight through two DB's to catch the pass.

This is especially true of the #3 WR postion, which is almost always in the "slot". The "slot" or #3 WR position depends on the timing between the WR and the QB more than any other.

That's generally why it takes more time for a WR to develop. There are exceptions, but for the most part it takes a WR a year to develop.

Guest dog14787
The problem with always running a locked route is that the defense will clamp down on it. If the defense knows that a particular WR is always going to run the same route, they'll just double cover that WR and prevent him from getting any kind of separation to catch the ball. Hardy's big, tall and strong, but not enough to constantly have to fight through two DB's to catch the pass.

This is especially true of the #3 WR postion, which is almost always in the "slot". The "slot" or #3 WR position depends on the timing between the WR and the QB more than any other.

That's generally why it takes more time for a WR to develop. There are exceptions, but for the most part it takes a WR a year to develop.

Thanks for the reply,

Everyone seems to agree on one thing, it takes time for a rookie WR to develop in the NFL.

Talking about a developing WR, big congrads to Lee Evans, signed sealed and delivered through 2012 !!!!!

I don't mind Hardy dropping and missing passes. I have a problem with him playing "soft" - He hasn't shown the ability to be aggressive for the ball. It's weird. That has nothing to do with route running and inexperience. It's attitude. So far he hasn't been bringing it...

The guy looks like a monster but doesn't play like one...Jenkins at least is aggressive.

Hardy needs to get into the weight room in the off season and get a lot stronger than he is. Those five foot nine corners are making him look like a wus.

Guest dog14787
Hardy needs to get into the weight room in the off season and get a lot stronger than he is. Those five foot nine corners are making him look like a wus.

There was a rumor awhile back that James Hardy was beefing up to get some play time in at the TE position.

I thought he was going to be a bust before the draft but I'll give him a few years. It takes wide outs a long time to get adjusted. For him I expect it to take longer because he leaned on his height and leaping advantage so much at Indiana. Now he needs to run precise routes, learn how to set up corners, refine his skills.....

He might never be able to do those things which was why I felt the way I did at draft time. That said it's WAY to early to tell.